Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Let me know how you like it... I am pretty happy with it...

The only critical comment I'll make is that the buttons need a little effort to push... The case has nice raised buttons, but you need to press a little harder than you want to to get them to make contact... I only noticed it after using a couple of the Verus cases which are almost too easy to press...

Not sure which I prefer... I find myself accidentally pressing buttons on the Verus cases (which I don't really like)... At lease with this case, you are hard pressed (pun intended) to press a button by accident...

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll tell you what, the Tumi case is turning out to be one of my favorite Note 5 cases. It just feels, fits and functions 100% perfect on the Galaxy Note 5. Just started using it this afternoon and I'm amazed at the feel and fit of this case. It adds no bulk at all to the phone, just wish it had port covers (got on my port plugs though). :p

View attachment 200692View attachment 200693View attachment 200694View attachment 200695View attachment 200698View attachment 200699View attachment 200700

Have to agree. After multiple exchanges I settled on this one. It's awesome.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox has always held themselves in very high regard.

Their QC is not very good though. Either you get a good case, or you get a very sh**y case. A few times I've had to return the cases they were so poor quality. I returned one for my s6 a Commuter because one of the sides the rubber was warped, and loose. I bought a Note 4 Defender and it was so poorly made you wouldn't even get the plastic to clamp together all the way. The Defender for the S6 I had was great, and the one I bought for my Note 5 is ok.

However Otterbox holds a monopoly it seems over Android cases on the market. If you want something as rugged you have to order online now.

I like the Poetic Revolution series cases. The one for my s6 was great and way cheaper than Otterbox and better.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Just Came Today Feels Smooth and feels very Tough and has good grip will see how it goes in a few days, so far i'm liking it!
Galaxy Note 5 Case, POETIC Affinity Series [Premium Thin]/No Bulk/ Protection where its needed/Clear/Dual Material Protective Bumper Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (2015 Release) (Black/Clear)

20151010_142304.jpg

20151010_142316.jpg

20151010_142331.jpg

20151010_142347.jpg

20151010_144058.jpg

20151010_144143.jpg

20151010_144202.jpg

20151010_144241.jpg

20151010_144311.jpg

20151010_144328.jpg

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Their QC is not very good though. Either you get a good case, or you get a very sh**y case. A few times I've had to return the cases they were so poor quality. I returned one for my s6 a Commuter because one of the sides the rubber was warped, and loose. I bought a Note 4 Defender and it was so poorly made you wouldn't even get the plastic to clamp together all the way. The Defender for the S6 I had was great, and the one I bought for my Note 5 is ok.

However Otterbox holds a monopoly it seems over Android cases on the market. If you want something as rugged you have to order online now.

I like the Poetic Revolution series cases. The one for my s6 was great and way cheaper than Otterbox and better.

Not to be a jerk but are you sure you are getting authentic OtterBox product? I have encountered A TON of fakes at shops and 3rd part carrier agents in shopping malls. Additionally, I have never had a bad otter when I'm sure it's authentic.

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Their QC does suck a big one. I have 3 commuter cases, The one made in the USA seems the be the best fit & finish. The china & Mexico ones have loose rubber and smooth insides where the USA model has an nice textured inside of the silicone. Whenever possible get the USA version.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Their QC does suck a big one. I have 3 commuter cases, The one made in the USA seems the be the best fit & finish. The china & Mexico ones have loose rubber and smooth insides where the USA model has an nice textured inside of the silicone. Whenever possible get the USA version.

I have two S6 Defenders. The China one has sh*** rubber and the Mexico one is a lot better quality. The other poster mentioned about fake ones however All the years I had Otterboxes I've always bought them either from Tmobile, Best Buy or Sam's so I know they're not fake. Even the best made ones the rubber on the Defender seems to come loose.

I know the Supcase on the reviews on youtube they say it's TPU and harder than the Otterbox so it doesn't lose it's form over time.

I just hope I'm able to get the junky screen protector off my Supcase like I did with Otterbox. Anyone try it yet?

I'm still quite happy with my Note 5 Defender. The rubber is kinda loose on it and since I took the built in protector out the hard plastic frame stretches a bit because it doesn't have the built in protector putting tension on it but it's still a good case. I just wanted something a little less bulky but heavily protective so I might stick with the Defender if I don't like these two cheap cases.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
IMG_0069.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_0071.jpgIMG_0073.jpgIMG_0076.jpgIMG_0077.jpgIMG_0078.jpgIMG_0079.jpgIMG_0080.jpgIMG_0066.jpg

The Luphie case is one of the sexiest cases out there for the Note 5 and I absolutely love it.

PROS:
1.) It barely adds any bulk to the phone. You lose the curve screen back so it feels a little bulkier compared to holding the phone name but you wont even notice it.

2.) I dont have to sacrifice that glass back look. I mean its not the same sapphire black but it still has a glossy reflective back to it. The back is tempered glass, the same one that you apply to your screen and so far its been pretty scratch resistant. Been using it for about 2 weeks and only had 1 minor scratch.

3.) Unlike most reflective back cases that uses alumminnum that can interfere with reception, the glass back doesn't effect reception at all.

4.) Due to the thinness of the back cover, it works with wireless charger.

5.) The phone sits inside the case so it doesn't look like theres a case on it. I have people hold the phone and ask me if the case was just the gold metal border and how did I get the border to stick and I just explain that the back they're looking at isn't the stock back.

6.) Fit is perfect. In fact, I had a Skinomi clear skin wrapon the back of my phone and to the side or the entire phone. As thin as the skin is, I can not fit the phone inside the case without removing the skin around the sides. I still kept the skin on the back however and just a bit of skin on the S-pen. I really wish I could have kept the skinomi clear wrap around the sides but I just couldn't get the phone to fit with it on. Maybe the skin and the rubber inside is causing to much friction. Maybe if I lubbed it up a little I can get it to work but I didn't bother.

7.) The interior is soft. The insides of the case is surrounded by rubber so you wont have to worry about the metal sides coming in contact with your phone as the rubber runs along the volume and power button entirely. The back cover as shown, is composed of cloth so you dont have to worry about it scratching the back of your phone. Again, I kept my Skinomi clear skin on it still just incase.

CONS

1.) The glass back is a finger print magnet as expect.

2.) You have to be careful putting it in. Yes, all the inside of the case is covered either in cloth or rubber, but the sides is still aluminum and you run the risk of scratching the sides of your phone as you lower it into the case.

3.) Dust still manages to get trapped inside and you would want to take it out to clean it as with all case. However, due to what I said on number 2 above, each time you take it in and out, you run the risk of scratching the sides a bit if you're not careful which makes it a hassle to take the phone in and out of the case to clean dust.

4.) The side is really slippery. The back isnt as slippery as you may think. Because it is made of glass, the tiniest amount of moisture on your finger or humidity causes your skin to stick to the glass surface which I found it quite grippy but if you're just holding the phone by the sides, its really slipper.

dasupaman23

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
Got my Poetic Affinity case sent to me to review. I have been using a Verus Crystal Clear bumper case. I am liking the Affinity case much better. It's really slim. For a case that has this much protection itbhas a very slim profile. I like that the top and bottom have a softer material. This helps with finger fatigue.(not sure if that a thing but feels like it) The Verus case is sharp toward the bottom but the Affinity has a nice soft touch feel. The back maintains the curve and sides have great grip. All cutouts fit my 3rd party cables and Monster DNA in ears just fine. This is a good option for someone looking for a slim protective case.

Sent from my Note 5

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Got my Poetic Affinity case sent to me to review. I have been using a Verus Crystal Clear bumper case. I am liking the Affinity case much better. It's really slim. For a case that has this much protection itbhas a very slim profile. I like that the top and bottom have a softer material. This helps with finger fatigue.(not sure if that a thing but feels like it) The Verus case is sharp toward the bottom but the Affinity has a nice soft touch feel. The back maintains the curve and sides have great grip. All cutouts fit my 3rd party cables and Monster DNA in ears just fine. This is a good option for someone looking for a slim protective case.

Sent from my Note 5

I also received the Poetic Affinity case to review. I like it much better than the Verus I have. Mine is clear and I like the feel of it. The case covers the power and volume buttons and they're not hard to press at all. The case isn't bulky at all. It keeps the slim profile of the Note 5. Here are some photos:ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444621519.906610.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1444621539.491402.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1444621557.375511.jpg

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Weird, but my Verus Army Green case doesn't seem to be made as well as my Red one.
The square bit covering the speaker, seems to move out of position often. I never noticed this with my Red one...

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Weird, but my Verus Army Green case doesn't seem to be made as well as my Red one.
The square bit covering the speaker, seems to move out of position often. I never noticed this with my Red one...

I've noticed that you need to position the inner case well before placing the phone, which seems to lock everything in place nicely...

Echoes

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I normally run my phones naked, but I decided to throw a case on for some extra protection. UAG here. Very impressed by how slim it feels and the protection feels substantial. I also feel like the issue about the front bottom being "flimsy" is overblown. It could be a little more rigid but certainly doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I also received the Poetic Affinity case to review. I like it much better than the Verus I have. Mine is clear and I like the feel of it. The case covers the power and volume buttons and they're not hard to press at all. The case isn't bulky at all. It keeps the slim profile of the Note 5. Here are some photos:View attachment 201060View attachment 201061View attachment 201062

I got one last week too and was impressed with the build. The texture sides are nice and make it very easy NOT to slip out of your hand. Seemed like it gave enough protection without adding to much bulk with on this phone is a must for me. And a bonus is that the cut out for the USB was large enough for some of my larger car chargers, some cases don't have that I've tested.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I got both the Artech 21 case and the Supcase today! I have not had a chance to try them out yet but will later tonight. From looking at it the Artech looks more protective and rugged out of the two. Both thinner than Otterbox so I worry a bit about protection on them.

I'll probably end up ripping out the screen protector or them though since I have tempered glass.