Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
Yes, I did notice a small degradation in signal with the case on.

oh, no.... that's what I was afraid of. I've been going on a hunt for the perfect case for my Note 5. Having tried and returned over a dozen cases, I was about to order the Luphie. It looks real nice. However, now I'm having second thoughts because I don't know if I can live with signal degradation. I live in a suburban area where the indoor signal isn't that great.

Is it the glass back or the aluminum bumper that's causing the signal degradation? :(

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I got the artech 21 case and honestly it offers as good protection as an Otterbox for half the price, it comes with a screen protector on it and adds some bulk, but adds good protection.

I'd definitely recommend this case if you're clumsy and drop your phone a lot, or you work in construction or in a harsh environment.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 1118.jpg
    1118.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 1117.jpg
    1117.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 1116.jpg
    1116.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 272
  • 1114.jpg
    1114.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 81

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I've been using my device naked for a few days. Well, I have a Zagg Glass screen protector, and I placed another screen protector on the back of the device. Merely to give me a little grip.

Anyway, I like the device naked so much, I ordered a Ringke Slim Line case. It should be here tomorrow, via USPS...

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 5 Case, Ringke SLIM  ***Essential Ultra Thin***[FREE Bonus HD Screen Protector Included][Black] Perfect Fit & Ultra Slim Curved Edge Protection, Scratch-Resistant Dual Coating Slim Hard Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 5: Cell Ph

Just to set your expectations, this case is one of my favorites...but it is not without its shortcomings...

1) It's super thin...which is good...but also bad... Count on this case to protect your phone from scratches, but it won't provide much (if any) drop protection.

2) Some say it is a fingerprint magnet... Not sure I agree... It does have a matte finish, and as a result, a little bit of greasy fingers will place some undesirable fingerprints on the case...but I would not say that it is a fingerprint magnet like the naked glass case... At least not to the same degree....

3) There isn't much of a lip for screen protection... If you have no screen protector, I believe there is a little bit of a lip (like a 0.7mm lip). But if you put a 0.4mm protector on the screen, the gap gets reduced down to next to nothing... So while it does do a good job of protecting the non-screen casing from scratches, there is really minimal screen protection.

If you go in with the above expectations in mind (and you are okay with these limitations), I think you will really enjoy the minimal size and bulk of this case...

At this point, I have about 8-10 cases that I swap between depending on my mood... I go to this case a lot, given the super thinness of the case... :)

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Just to set your expectations, this case is one of my favorites...but it is not without its shortcomings...

1) It's super thin...which is good...but also bad... Count on this case to protect your phone from scratches, but it won't provide much (if any) drop protection.

2) Some say it is a fingerprint magnet... Not sure I agree... It does have a matte finish, and as a result, a little bit of greasy fingers will place some undesirable fingerprints on the case...but I would not say that it is a fingerprint magnet like the naked glass case... At least not to the same degree....

3) There isn't much of a lip for screen protection... If you have no screen protector, I believe there is a little bit of a lip (like a 0.7mm lip). But if you put a 0.4mm protector on the screen, the gap gets reduced down to next to nothing... So while it does do a good job of protecting the non-screen casing from scratches, there is really minimal screen protection.

If you go in with the above expectations in mind (and you are okay with these limitations), I think you will really enjoy the minimal size and bulk of this case...

At this point, I have about 8-10 cases that I swap between depending on my mood... I go to this case a lot, given the super thinness of the case... :)

Since both are minimal from a protection standpoint, do you feel this or the diztronic provides better protection?

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had a Tech21 pink case (similar to the green one recently posted) for my Note 3. I bought three of them in 2 years. I loved the case and protection BUT after a while, there were darkened, somewhat gray spots (in the shape of my fingers) on the lower back where I held it while writing, etc. When I got the new case each time, it was a LOT brighter and clearer. I didn't realize that the overall color had dulled and it doesn't take long to get this way either. I wonder if all translucent material does this over time.

I currently have the black Tech21 because that was all I could find at the time. Reminds me of licorice candy when I look at the white phone with black screen and black case. T-Mobile has the Tech21 Evo Check in clear that I'd like to try. I saw an employee that had the same version on his iPhone and said he'd had it a year. Looked pretty good with no finger marks. Might try it to see how long it lasts and then contact Tech21 if it does the same thing my pink ones did.

CMeys

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
CMeys, im very interested in that case, if its possible can you upload some pictures of it?
I'm not the greatest photographer and the only good camera I've got is the Note 5 :), so this is the best I can do. However if you click on the Amazon link you can see some good views.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Since both are minimal from a protection standpoint, do you feel this or the diztronic provides better protection?

-Shawn
Noting the world one S-Pen at a time

I don't own the distronic case, nor do I have any experience with it...so I can't say with any credibility which offers better "minimal" protection...

Sorry... Wish I could offer you some insight here... :(

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone found a spring clip holster like Seidio makes? They aren't making on for the note 5

Seidio does make a holster for the Note 5, I have one on my phone and have been using it for days.

They, in fact, make to Case/holster combos for the Note, the Surface and the Dilex, both on Amazon now. I bought the Surface, because it is said to be slight smaller. But, from what I can tell of the photos, there isn't much real difference in size.

Kilgore Trout

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't own the distronic case, nor do I have any experience with it...so I can't say with any credibility which offers better "minimal" protection...

Sorry... Wish I could offer you some insight here... :(

I had a Diztronic case on my Galaxy S4 for two and half years. It doesn't buffer the shock from a fall, but you can't scratch or mar the phone when it is on. I used it with a Seidio holster/screen cover and it survived multiple falls without any issues.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I had a Tech21 pink case (similar to the green one recently posted) for my Note 3. I bought three of them in 2 years. I loved the case and protection BUT after a while, there were darkened, somewhat gray spots (in the shape of my fingers) on the lower back where I held it while writing, etc. When I got the new case each time, it was a LOT brighter and clearer. I didn't realize that the overall color had dulled and it doesn't take long to get this way either. I wonder if all translucent material does this over time.

I currently have the black Tech21 because that was all I could find at the time. Reminds me of licorice candy when I look at the white phone with black screen and black case. T-Mobile has the Tech21 Evo Check in clear that I'd like to try. I saw an employee that had the same version on his iPhone and said he'd had it a year. Looked pretty good with no finger marks. Might try it to see how long it lasts and then contact Tech21 if it does the same thing my pink ones did.

I had the same black tech21 Evo check case and just got the aqua colored one. I really like it, just wished it had a little larger lip. Didn't see any gray spots on my black one but only had it since around release date.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

AlexMarie15

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I just got my caseology navy blue and gold case in the mail and it is nothing short of my favorite case ever for any phone. Very aesthetically pleasing and "smart" looking.

Attachments

• 1445370794741.jpg
    1445370794741.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 99

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been eyeing that exact case. I really wish it had a kickstand. I watch a ton of videos on my phone and can't justify buying a non-kickstand case.

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had the same black tech21 Evo check case and just got the aqua colored one. I really like it, just wished it had a little larger lip. Didn't see any gray spots on my black one but only had it since around release date.

The gray spots were actually on the PINK case, not the Black Tech21. I have used the Black since purchasing my Note 5 but want to try a translucent one again, either colored or clear. I'd be interested if anyone else notices the spots and overall color change of their Tech21 (not black). It's something you might not even notice until you put a brand new one side by side. Then it's very noticeable!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The gray spots were actually on the PINK case, not the Black Tech21. I have used the Black since purchasing my Note 5 but want to try a translucent one again, either colored or clear. I'd be interested if anyone else notices the spots and overall color change of their Tech21 (not black). It's something you might not even notice until you put a brand new one side by side. Then it's very noticeable!
Well if I see anything on my aqua colored one then I will let you know

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX