Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Cases

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything good or have used the trident krios dual case for the galaxy note 5? It looks pretty nice. Very thin but yet protective. I'm curios if the clear part is fully clear or frosted. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Questions for those using CLEAR cases for at least a couple months, how is the color holding up? Are they getting yellow? Dull? Discolored from jean fabric?

Thanks!

BIG CAT 7

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Here is my Supcase Unicorn Beetle. Really like the case a lot. Thinking about also purchasing the Speck Candyshell Grip in Black today. I like to switch em up every once in a while :p

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I received a Poetic Affinity Series case from the manufacturer to test and review.

Overall, I like the case, and it seems to be a fair balance of looks and protection. It's clear Polycarbonate with fairly good protection at all the stress points. The back has ridges near the outside that would seem to help if you drop the phone. I always wonder how much protection a phone with a glass back being dropped on it's back, even with a case on really has, as there is really nowhere to dissipate the force of a drop. the ridges should help with that, though I haven't dropped it yet.

The sides have some grip to them as well, which I also appreciate. It's one piece and the power and volume buttons work perfectly in the case. It's pretty light overall and I like the look as well. All the ports are aligned great, no issues there for any openings. That said, the bottom of he case has a good opening for the S Pen, though because the bottom is thicker than my last case, I notice I have to grab a bit more for the S Pen. The fact that the pen pops out in the Note 5 helps a lot. I suspect this would be more of an issue for a similar case on a Note 4.

To sum up:

Pros:
- Light
- Grippy on back and on the sides
- Good size(not too big)
- Back ridges provide better protection potentially
- Not a bad look

Cons
- S Pen opening took some getting used to (but is really fine now)

Good luck!

View attachment 201264View attachment 201265

I just got this today and I like it so far. Keeps the phone looking thin. I have the black sapphire note 5 and this makes it look mirror like on the back. My s pen wasn't hard to get out for me, but my lhat case was similar. This is easy to grip and hold.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Poetic Affinity case to review. I have 2 cons: the speaker holes don't line up on the phone. It's only cosmetic; no loss of functionality. I have the saran wrap effect on the back. I HATE THAT LOOK! And to make it worse, its only on parts of the back.

As far as drop protection, grip, and feel, it's all good.

At&t Note5

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Today this poetic affinity case got some water between the case and my phone. I'm guessing through the camera lens opening. It was hard to remove it to get the little bit of water out, so I know it's securely on the phone itself. The phone was on my bathroom sink counter and I washed my hands, so I'm guessing some water splashed and got in the case. The phone was face up.

Posted via the *Note 5*

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I dont understand why its taking so long for them to make avail. When it was announced with the phone. I saw it on the shop list on samsung.com about a week ago but wasnt available for sale yet.

Correction. Looks like its on sale now. And not the rumored $80
82561226de51b78cf9e037ed850cdd87.jpg

The 30% off code we recieved works for it. Nice.. hope the white version is avail before 11/21

wsm0807

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I started off with an otterbox defender and had the usual issues with it(dust getting under the screen cover and just too damn big). Switched to a spige dlim armor and a tempered glass screen protector and im much happier with this setup.

believeme

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Questions for those using CLEAR cases for at least a couple months, how is the color holding up? Are they getting yellow? Dull? Discolored from jean fabric?

Thanks!

I just purchased a clear case made by Calicase. I can let you know in a few days how it's going.

Posted via the Android Central App

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Did we ever see a Spigen case sale? I took advantage of the Verus sale...been waiting to get a clearance pricing coupon code from Spigen at some point...

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!

My Verus is still clear. It does need the occasional wipe but it isn't yellowed. I don't wear jeans often. It goes into the fabric pocket on my handbag, so I can't vouch for its denim, blue die, transfer resistance.

At&t Note5