08-13-2015 11:03 AM
224 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Man. Just toss a backing similar to the Note 4 on it and confirm an SD card, and its a beautiful device. Hate this new glass backing. Rest of it looks good.

Posted via the Android Central App
    monsieurms and spagman like this.
    07-30-2015 09:29 AM
    Man. Just toss a backing similar to the Note 4 on it and confirm an SD card, and its a beautiful device. Hate this new glass backing. Rest of it looks good.

Ironically, the reason Samsung changed the back to glass was because a lot of people were complaining about the plastic back the Samsung used to use on its devices (Galaxy S4, Note 4, etc.)
    Frenzytom likes this.
    07-30-2015 09:41 AM
    Ironically, the reason Samsung changed the back to glass was because a lot of people were complaining about the plastic back the Samsung used to use on its devices (Galaxy S4, Note 4, etc.)
    Yeah. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I love their faux leather. The Note 4 feels pretty darn premium to me. I could see older Galaxy models being "cheap" though.

monsieurms likes this.
    07-30-2015 10:02 AM
    So true. But there were different factions. A lot of us over the years pointed out that (a) we put cases on it anyway; and (b) the goal should therefore be to function well--light, inexpensive. So, now this group has become the group complaining. Whereas before it was the other group that wanted something more beautiful and supposedly solid.

In truth, I don't think the vast majority of Samsung's actual customers cared about the back. The question was more whether Samsung would be able to appeal to people who weren't yet customers--and shut up professional critics who just had to say in every review that it didn't really look good next to Apple.

I still am a firm believer that the photos in this "leak" are a dummy unit from that particular case make, just a gut feeling, truly believe that the other device we saw a picture of (gold with the white case on it) is most likely legit
    In your posts, you sound like you have inside info that you can't specify. Don't worry--no comment necessary if you cannot confirm or deny.

In any event, here would be my conclusion: you are right, because if you weren't, given all the media storm over SD and batteries, Samsung would've said something by now, like "calm down, that's not true."
    07-30-2015 10:04 AM
    No one necessarily wanted a non-removable back though. You can do a premium looking and feeling back that is still removable to allow for battery swaps and a micro SD card. If I had my way, I would have liked to have Samsung do a removable back with premium materials, like leather, perhaps some form of gorilla glass, etc. Samsung could have made more money on that than they did copying apple. Just look at how much hype moto maker generates for motorola, on phones that can't compare with samsung's specs.
    Preach2k and monsieurms like this.
    07-30-2015 10:25 AM
    No one necessarily wanted a non-removable back though. You can do a premium looking and feeling back that is still removable to allow for battery swaps and a micro SD card. If I had my way, I would have liked to have Samsung do a removable back with premium materials, like leather, perhaps some form of gorilla glass, etc. Samsung could have made more money on that than they did copying apple. Just look at how much hype moto maker generates for motorola, on phones that can't compare with samsung's specs.
    I agree this would have been better for Samsung to do. Have swappable removable backs like Motorola does or something similar. Even LG and OnePlus have started doing that.
    07-30-2015 10:28 AM
    Yep, the Apple loving media and Apple fans that would never buy one anyway

I think Samsung got duped!
    07-30-2015 11:48 AM
    Yes it can and will support it I am pretty sure

Seems guaranteed it will, since Samsung is vested with Oculus. Question might be more will it have it's own VR set instead of the Note 4 version.? Also, will the Note 5 version work with the Note 4? You bring up a good point. I like the Gear VR, so leaving the Note would be a loss of that- unless keep the Note 4 as back-up and VR device

Please keep in mind though the S6 VR users are generally not happy due to the storage constraints. The media takes up space, so if using the Gear VR along with phone apps, games, tunes, etc- not much space at all for Gear VR and not many streaming options as of now.

I cross my fingers the Note 5 has an sd slot
    07-30-2015 12:13 PM
    Yep, the Apple loving media and Apple fans that would never buy one anyway

I think Samsung got duped!
    This is happening because of the major phone reviews from past Builds of Samsung phone. " Not a great build, feels cheap, and not top Notch build." Compared to what was said about iPhone and HTC One: Great Build, Metal makes the phone strong., Glass front and back. Samsung listened and responded to all the criticism over the years about the build of the phone and now we have the S6 and Note 5 being built because of the complaints of others. Me personally I like the build of my old Note 3 and love the build of my Note 4. I will probably stick with my GNOTE4 for another year, unless news of an MicroSD slot is announced on August 13th at Unpacked 2015.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-30-2015 12:54 PM
    I respect the view, but still think Samsung has a really severe Apple wannabe fetish that they can not shake.

On a more silly note, yet another image set that does not show the direct surface of the power button side. The Amazon case render so far appears spot on to what the newer photos and images show and that renders shows an additional pin slot under the power button. This is getting super silly that that side of the device has yet to have a reveal.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5, as clear as you can see it before launch - Android Community
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-30-2015 01:08 PM
    I respect the view, but still think Samsung has a really severe Apple wannabe fetish that they can not shake.

On a more silly note, yet another image set that does not show the direct surface of the power button side. The Amazon case render so far appears spot on to what the newer photos and images show and that renders shows an additional pin slot under the power button. This is getting super silly that that side of the device has yet to have a reveal.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5, as clear as you can see it before launch - Android Community
    Blowing up the picture looks like it could be an slot on the side with the Volume and power buttons.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk
    07-30-2015 01:16 PM
    Except for the fact that in those renders the s-pen and the speaker are on the wrong side of the device, at least based on some of the other leaks we've seen and past precedent. Everyone is so intent on hanging on to the hope that this device will have some last minute reveal of a SD slot somewhere on the device, I think all they're doing is setting themselves up for dissapointment
    07-30-2015 01:38 PM
    There could even be one in the sim slot. I think it's best to prepare for the worst, though.

07-30-2015 01:41 PM
    Looks so beautiful man!
    Notice the S-Pen seems to be push to eject...I hope it really turns out like that

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/high-re...114548852.html

The Note 5 leaks again!-galaxy-note-5-renders-ivo-maric-4.jpg

The Note 5 leaks again!-galaxy-note-5-renders-ivo-maric-1.jpg

The Note 5 leaks again!-galaxy-note-5-renders-ivo-maric-3.jpg

The Note 5 leaks again!-galaxy-note-5-renders-ivo-maric-2.jpg
    07-30-2015 02:00 PM
    The s-pen and speaker are on the wrong side of the device
    07-30-2015 02:06 PM
    The s-pen and speaker are on the wrong side of the device
    Oh I didn't know you have seen the device in person before?
    Nothing is certain until its released, who knows, maybe they decided to switch sides
    mxrider821 likes this.
    07-30-2015 02:13 PM
    Just based on past precedent, every other note device has the speaker and s-pen to the right of the charging port if you are looking at the screen
    07-30-2015 02:16 PM
    Oh I didn't know you have seen the device in person before?
    Nothing is certain until its released, who knows, maybe they decided to switch sides
    Switching sides would be stupid because most of the people are right handed so they hold the note with the left hand, take out the pen with right hand. It's more natural for the pen to be located at the right side of the Note
    07-31-2015 01:03 AM
    The back doesn't look removable, so no SD slot and no removable battery. I'll keep my 3.
    How can you tell by these photos? It has a case on it in these photos.
    07-31-2015 08:26 AM
    I'm betting they will release the s6+ which will be basically a bigger version of the s6 (no removable battery/storage) with better camera and processor and a note 5 which will basically be like the note 4 with removable battery/storage and same specs as the s6+
    07-31-2015 08:30 AM
    I'm betting they will release the s6+ which will be basically a bigger version of the s6 (no removable battery/storage) with better camera and processor and a note 5 which will basically be like the note 4 with removable battery/storage and same specs as the s6+
    Just no
    07-31-2015 10:55 AM
    Pretty much all confirms I WILL NOT be getting the Note 5. Wow. It took a lot for Samsung to screw this one up for me, but they managed to do it. Been itching to upgrade my GN3 since the 4 came out... maybe even would have splurged for the 'edge' screen. But now, with no removable sd card & battery AND removal of IR blaster, count me out. They HAD my money a year ago, and they botched it!

Battery: Even if 'only' $30 to replace, that doesn't trump the convenience of swapping in a fresh battery on a Saturday Evening... without ever having to charge the phone the entire day. Friends afraid to use their phone for anything due to low battery - while I can keep snapping pictures, pulling up GPS, etc.

MicroSD: Maybe they could have gotten away with this for me... not using for apps but for storage of documents, music,etc was nice. Plus just being able to move stuff there like pictures and videos captured with phone to free up internal storage space was nice but not a necessity. I could get by with 32gb, barely.

IR Blaster: Used this often in hotels/condos/etc on vacation where the room remote was missing/broken/not programmed correctly. Been using it lately to remote shutter release my dSLR.... very convenient to fire off group pictures (with me actually in it) by setting 2 second delay - tapping my screen - then resposition my hand/phone out of view.

I was never one who complained about the "cheap feeling" of my older devices like S3 or my Note3. Any time a reviewer harped on that as a downside, I immediately discounted their review as not knowing what they were talking about. I've said this before, but we use plastics for a reason. They keyboard I'm typing on all day long is made of plastic because, its cheap, lightweight and DURABLE. All things most people want in their phone. The iPhone4's glass back only had the benefit that everyone's iPhone actually looked different..... they all had custom glass shatter patterns!

Non removable back now means EXTRA bulk for anyone who liked using the Wallet or S-view case, since those swapped out the factory back.

Here's hoping LG can pull out a decent active stylus device later this year. Otherwise I'll keep my Note3 and wait for the 4's price to drop. At this point however, if Apple came out with a 6+ stylus, they'd have my attention.
    monsieurms likes this.
    07-31-2015 01:00 PM
    I think the true "big leak" is what Samsung is trying to do to it's core install base of Note customers- Samsung is trying to big leak all over them, but Samsung will be leaking in the wind of a lot less sales. Take THAT Samsung!
    Dr Claw likes this.
    08-01-2015 11:14 AM
    This spec release is from EVLEAKS, who has a pretty good track record with with these type of things...Not sure why he didn't say anything about the battery

NOTE 5 SPECS
    5.66-inch Quad HD display.
    Samsung Exynos 7420 octa-core system-on-a-chip,
    4GB of RAM.
    16MP for the primary shooter,
    5MP for the front-facing one.
    32GB of storage (with higher storage options)
    No MicroSD Slot
    Push to Eject S-Pen

Possible Samsung Galaxy Note 5 specs leak out | Android Central
    08-01-2015 12:04 PM
    The more leaks I see, the more likely I'll just stick to my note 4. Just don't see any compelling reason to upgrade this year.

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!
    08-01-2015 12:36 PM
224 ... 23456 ...