08-13-2015 11:03 AM
224 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Something doesn't look right... The capacitive buttons are oversized on the note 5.
    Christine Aflak likes this.
    08-01-2015 12:53 PM
    The more leaks I see, the more likely I'll just stick to my note 4. Just don't see any compelling reason to upgrade this year.

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!
    I am in the same boat. I was excited for the Note 5 and S6 Edge+, but without micro SD slot I've reconsidered. No removable battery I can live either but no micro SD slot is a big deal.

However the Motorola X Style just announced sure looks good, and stock Android is very tempting...

Posted via the Android Central App with Note 4
    08-01-2015 01:16 PM
    I agree with the last two posts. Don't see a need to upgrade from my Note 4 right now. So sad but samsung made the Wrong decision to basically make the note 5 a bigger version of the S6. To me, shows samsung doesn't know who their core customers buying the Note series are. SMH

When I do upgrade gonna look at the Motorola X Style and the future Nexus line. Having stock Android and having quick Android updates is a plus for me

Posted via the Android Central App with Note 4
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-01-2015 01:22 PM
    Something doesn't look right... The capacitive buttons are oversized on the note 5.
    Yeah I noticed that too...looks kinda strange to me
    08-01-2015 01:29 PM
    Yeah I noticed that too...looks kinda strange to me
    Finger print scanner perhaps?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-01-2015 04:50 PM
    Finger print scanner perhaps?

I mean the S6 Edge+ has a Fingerprint scanner and it's not that big...its only a small issue nothing major nut just looked funny

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!
    08-01-2015 04:54 PM
    The reason there is no micro SD, probably has something to do with the MST technology. That magnetic field would probably erase a memory card, the first time you used it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    08-01-2015 06:28 PM
    The reason there is no micro SD, probably has something to do with the MST technology. That magnetic field would probably erase a memory card, the first time you used it.

Na, Samsung said they don't use it because Micro SD cards are slow and can corrupt the devices, that's why Samsung switched to use their SSD like storage drives inside their phones

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!
    mxrider821 likes this.
    08-01-2015 08:55 PM
    It don't really matter to me as I can store stuff I don't need all the time on the cloud. So I'm pretty psyched to move from the 2 to the 5!

08-01-2015 10:04 PM
    I'll gladly stay with the Note 4, which may end up being my last Note device if Samsung continues down this path. Removable batteries and the sd card slots were a big reason as to why I bought the GS4 and then the Note 4. Now it's all about the design, and since my phone goes into a case, it's something I really don't look at.

Some improvements, but I would prefer for them to use a true octa core CPU, I don't like the Big/Little CPU set up. Probably no real improvement in the GPU area either. No 4K video recording at 60fps or playback. loosing the capabilities of replacing the battery and adding an sd card just all seems like a downgrade to me. The glass back is another thing I'm not a fan of. Not worth spending another $820 when I feel that I'm loosing features. design over function.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen to the Note line, but it did. My Note 4 is going perfectly fine, so I will wait until late next year and see if another phone offers what I'm looking for, or if Project Ara takes off. If they continue down this path, the Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone.
    08-01-2015 10:44 PM
    I'll gladly stay with the Note 4, which may end up being my last Note device if Samsung continues down this path. Removable batteries and the sd card slots were a big reason as to why I bought the GS4 and then the Note 4. Now it's all about the design, and since my phone goes into a case, it's something I really don't look at.

Some improvements, but I would prefer for them to use a true octa core CPU, I don't like the Big/Little CPU set up. Probably no real improvement in the GPU area either. No 4K video recording at 60fps or playback. loosing the capabilities of replacing the battery and adding an sd card just all seems like a downgrade to me. The glass back is another thing I'm not a fan of. Not worth spending another $820 when I feel that I'm loosing features. design over function.

I was hoping this wouldn't happen to the Note line, but it did. My Note 4 is going perfectly fine, so I will wait until late next year and see if another phone offers what I'm looking for, or if Project Ara takes off. If they continue down this path, the Note 4 will be my last Samsung phone.
    I was hoping Samsung would continue with Note Series as a Professional Business Class Line and even expand it with a Note Compact about size of S6 but thicker with larger Battery and SD Card.
    But sadly Samsung seems to making Note Series into merely larger versions of S6 - VERY UNFORTUNATE.
    Note 4 with removable battery and SD Card Storage enabling working Offline and Independent Storage ( not the "Cloud") is the best Android so far and may be the best after 2016 also.
    It's too large for me but a great Phone/ Portable Computer.
    I would love a Compact Note 4.
    Hopefully other manufacturers can continue evolving this great design with self contained Storage and swappable Battery in a large and compact form.Two sizes.
    Samsung could have a Note 5 ( with ALL Note 4 features battery SD Card etc.) and a Note 5 Compact to compete with and exceed Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6+ but chooses to IMITATE rather than exceed.
    I don' t care about Apple vs. Samsung.
    I love Samsung's great Engineering Team but for someone who makes so many Models - you would think they would retain replaceable battery and SD Cards on some top Devices.
    Their Marketing is so illogical- they got stuck in cheap plastic for years - now they think they need glass backs and sealed devices on EVERY TOP MODEL ¿?
    Frustrating to Pro Consumers.
    08-02-2015 10:13 AM
    Speaking of auto-eject, I am about doing that from the Note 5 forum (unless I read something REAL silly). Since no sd slot is pretty much confirmed, the only thing I would post now is less than constructive posts. I will let the Samboys (fanboys) enjoy their device and I will move on to the Moto X forum and "hope" it is a very solid device The 64GB Moto XP version is apparently $500, which is about half the cost of the giant S6 128GB (aka Note 5) and I can put my 128gb card in it, so 64GB more storage for about 430 less (counting the card).

BTW, I would not hold one's breath as far how soon some carriers actually stock the 128GB model and watch Samsung spin the ever lovin' heck out of no sd-slot and touting the cloud as the Note 5 owner's "solution".
    Serial Fordicator likes this.
    08-02-2015 09:30 PM
    The one thing that defenders of power banks miss is something that's important.

Size and bulk

Which one of the following fits easily in a wallet?
    Attached Thumbnails The Note 5 leaks again!-1438594905580.jpg   The Note 5 leaks again!-1438594915013.jpg  
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-03-2015 04:41 AM

Size and bulk

Bah! You are "just" a consumer that does not understand the self imposed genius of marketing centric companies! You will take your giant S6 and LIKE it!

With every 32GB Note 5 purchased, customers will get a "Proud to use the Cloud" T-shirt for free! Just pay $20 for shipping and handling.
    monsieurms and anon8380037 like this.
    08-03-2015 07:22 AM
    Bah! You are "just" a consumer that does not understand the self imposed genius of marketing centric companies! You will take your giant S6 and LIKE it!

With every 32GB Note 5 purchased, customers will get a "Proud to use the Cloud" T-shirt for free! Just pay $20 for shipping and handling.
    I should probably get an S6 render and make it ludicrously thick. :P
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-03-2015 07:25 AM
    Well, looking at the specs, I don't think the Note faithful will like it.

Here's hoping that the upcoming LG G4 Pro can pack a stylus and digitizer as good as the one on the Note.

A little fun fact is that the S Pen doesn't work on other phones. It's designed to work on the Note's digitizer.
    08-03-2015 08:20 AM
    I highly doubt most people got the Note series because of the SD Card and removable battery like people are assuming. Those were just perks of the Note 4 and previous. Now that they are gone, I'm not sure why people are automatically discarding the Note 5. IMO, the Note 5 is more powerful than the Note 4, and will likely have more useful features than the previous models, and will likely have longer battery life than the previous models.
    mxrider821 likes this.
    08-03-2015 08:45 AM
    I highly doubt most people got the Note series because of the SD Card and removable battery like people are assuming. Those were just perks of the Note 4 and previous. Now that they are gone, I'm not sure why people are automatically discarding the Note 5. IMO, the Note 5 is more powerful than the Note 4, and will likely have more useful features than the previous models, and will likely have longer battery life than the previous models.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Note 5 comes with 64GB base and a 4100mAh battery.

Many Note users seem to be power users. People who commonly swap batteries and use large-capacity Class 10 microSD cards. Basically, people like me.

Honestly, I'm awaiting a true competitor for the Note-line. All the other phablets with a stylus just seem half-assed to me.
    08-03-2015 08:48 AM
    It's like Samsung has a disconnected from the consumer. The main reason that I have not tried another brand of phone is the S.Pin.

anon8380037 likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:15 AM

Size and bulk

There are power banks that are much smaller than that one
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:19 AM
    There are power banks that are much smaller than that one
    Well, I have a few around the house. They're still bigger than the G4 battery, though.
    08-03-2015 09:19 AM
    Well, I have a few around the house. They're still bigger than the G4 battery, though.
    Well yeah, thats because they pack more mah than the G4 battery, so it would make sense that its bigger

Here is a small compact one though, just an easy search on Amazon
    Amazon.com: [Most Powerful Portable Charger] RAVPower 16000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank with iSmart Technology (3rd Gen Deluxe, 4.5A Output, Dual USB, Apple 30pin and Lightning Cable Not Included) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:24 AM
    Well yeah, thats because they pack more mah than the G4 battery, so it would make sense that its bigger

Here is a small compact one though, just an easy search on Amazon
    Amazon.com: [Most Powerful Portable Charger] RAVPower 16000mAh External Battery Pack Power Bank with iSmart Technology (3rd Gen Deluxe, 4.5A Output, Dual USB, Apple 30pin and Lightning Cable Not Included) - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Seems alright. Just need a suitable bag for it. xD
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:27 AM
    It's like Samsung has a disconnected from the consumer. The main reason that I have not tried another brand of phone is the S.Pin.

You could save money by buying a Motorola and getting acupuncture once a month.
    mclarryjr likes this.
    08-03-2015 09:42 AM
    I don't know about better battery. Didn't the S5 battery last longer than the S6?
    08-03-2015 11:08 AM
224 ... 34567 ...