The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: More pics of the Note 5 (Looks like no auto-eject S-Pen)

The back doesn't look removable, so no SD slot and no removable battery. I'll keep my 3.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Yup, she's sealed up, no sd, no removable battery, no auto-eject s-pen, gotta use the old fashioned method...fingernail

But will still arguably be one of the top Android phones launched this year, (depending on what the nexus looks like and the "premium" LG phone coming later this year), beats the bricks off the G4 and GS6

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not really worried here. Auto eject or not I am sure it would be easily accessible.

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

> But will still arguably be one of the top Android phones launched this year, (depending on what the nexus looks like and the "premium" LG phone coming later this year), beats the bricks off the G4 and GS6

Samsung has always taken the Note a step beyond and above the flagship S series release from earlier in the year. Usually with a better camera, processor, etc.

Now, we know the note 5 is going to use a lot of the S6 specs - same processor, same cameras, etc. SO Samsung has to look elsewhere to differrentiate the note.

We know they are jumping from 3gb to 4gb of RAM. That is nice, but it can't be the only thing Samsung has cooking in this phone. A huge 4000+ battery might be another. But, I can't help but think that there is something else too, that there is some spec that hasn't been leaked we are all going to wow over. Historically, that is what the Note has been, so I have to think Samsung will continue to do that

NeuroMatrix

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site

I had the Note 3 for awhile then gave it to a family member and got the Turbo. The Note 3 was great! So is the Turbo but I really liked the size of the Note 3...

The Note 5 looks sweet in those pics though!! We'll see what the specs and features turn out to be.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

galaxy-note-5-leaked-1.jpg

galaxy-note-5-leaked-2.jpg

galaxy-note-5-leaked-3.jpg

galaxy-note-5-leaked-4.jpg

galaxy-note-5-leaked-5.jpg

galaxy-note-5-leaked-6.jpg

gn5.jpg

Galaxy Note 5 running the CPU-Z application confirms the existence of 4GB RAM and the speculated Exynos 7422 SoC for the phablet, along with a QHD 5.7-inch display and other goodies. The model number of the device that exposed this info is SM-N920F.

High-res photos of the Galaxy Note 5 leaked - SamMobile
Confirmed: Galaxy Note 5 will have 4GB RAM, Exynos 7422 - SamMobile

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

Yessss 4GB of Ram!!!
Looks beautiful....can't wait to get this
A bit upset they removed the IR Blaster but I can deal with it

The S-Pen looks like a push to eject

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Yet another look at the S-Pen port that conflicts with another, and this time they're not renders.

galaxy-note-5-leaked-4.jpg

vs.

galaxy-note-5-leak-gold.jpg

The official announcement can't come soon enough.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

There are a couple red flags on that CPU-Z screenshot, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. First the pixel density for that resolution on a 5.69 screen should be around 516 ppi, not 480. Also, it shows the device running Dalvik, I'm pretty sure that was replaced with ART in Lollipop. Seems a bit suspect to me. Wouldn't be surprised if that's not just some mocked up dummy unit for the case maker (the pics are from their site), and there are no shots of that device powered on.

Yathani

May 21, 2013
Visit site

There are a couple red flags on that CPU-Z screenshot, so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet. First the pixel density for that resolution on a 5.69 screen should be around 516 ppi, not 480. Also, it shows the device running Dalvik, I'm pretty sure that was replaced with ART in Lollipop. Seems a bit suspect to me. Wouldn't be surprised if that'snot just some mocked up dummy unit for the case maker, there are no shots of that device powered on.

CPU-Z updated there app today because it was picking things wrong for each device. This could be one of the reasons.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yet another look at the S-Pen port that conflicts with another, and this time they're not renders.

View attachment 188885

vs.

View attachment 188886

The official announcement can't come soon enough.

I think the top image has more credibility because you see more of the actual device and its not in a case. The bottom image you cannot really see the full device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci