The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

slobkabob

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

Damn it. The reason I ask is because my wife's old S4's battery failed at just over 1 year old. I went to eBay and bought a replacement for a few dollars, and it worked great until we eventually sold the phone.

I'm curious as to what would happen if a Note 5 battery failed after the 1 year warranty. Failed as in stopped holding an adequate charge, or got so hot to the point where it was very noticeable (both issues happened to our original S4 battery referenced above).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Damn it. The reason I ask is because my wife's old S4's battery failed at just over 1 year old. I went to eBay and bought a replacement for a few dollars, and it worked great until we eventually sold the phone.

I'm curious as to what would happen if a Note 5 battery failed after the 1 year warranty. Failed as in stopped holding an adequate charge, or got so hot to the point where it was very noticeable (both issues happened to our original S4 battery referenced above).

Samsung has said that it costs $30 to fix the battery at an authorized location. They will replace it for you.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Any idea yet if it has a removable battery?

Based on the images that have surfaced thus far, and the design direction Samsung appears to be going for this year, I think the answer to that is a resounding no.

On a side note (<-- lol pun), is it just me or does the width not seem very "Notelike" in the person's hand in the first image? Maybe it's just an optical thing with the photo, or the holder has particularly large hands, but that looks slim to me.

slobkabob

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site

Samsung has said that it costs $30 to fix the battery at an authorized location. They will replace it for you.

This is acceptable. Not like a $6 replacement battery off of eBay, but not back-breakingly expensive either.

Next question, do older Notes have a tendency to drop in price from the release of a new Note?

The cost of a Note 5 is going to set me back around $385 ($299 + tax at the full $700-ish price). If the Note 4 drops in price by $100, then it'll be a tough choice between that and the Note 5.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

This is acceptable. Not like a $6 replacement battery off of eBay, but not back-breakingly expensive either.

Next question, do older Notes have a tendency to drop in price from the release of a new Note?

The cost of a Note 5 is going to set me back around $385 ($299 + tax at the full $700-ish price). If the Note 4 drops in price by $100, then it'll be a tough choice between that and the Note 5.

Most likely Note 4 prices will drop. I couldn't tell you how much though.
I am looking to sell my S6 on eBay for the Note 5 since I will have to pay to upgrade

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If the new S6 Edge plus comes with 4 gb memory as well I may consider that instead of the note 5

I love my Note 4 and the only reason I can see, for me at least, is something new and different and it is that gorgeous curved screen. I would have gotten the S6 edge instead of note 4 but wanted a bigger screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If I upgrade my note 4 to the note 5 or S6 edge plus, I can sell my note 4 to you ☺ serious. Great condition. Only 3.5 months old

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Note 4 is (was?) a buck on contract already.

Paravoz

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site

The pop out slot is way oversized for a nano-sim. Any chance that it is 2-in-1 a nano sim and microsd slot?
galaxy-note-5-leaked-6.jpg

pwaikon

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Note 5 looks sooo pretty :-* Just like s6 but with edge on the back :) I like it a lot :cool:

I want this phone but have two concerns: if the phone is gonna be all glass, it needs to be in a case and with a case it's even wider. I have small hands so I haven't gotten a Note phone yet 'cos I'm worried it's too big for me :( Note 4 I could manage somehow 'cos it doesn't need a case but Note 5...

And the price: if the Note 5 doesn't have a microSD slot, it's gonna be priced the same way as S6 and S6 edge...way too expensive :'(

Samsung Gods, please make it possible for me to get a Note 5 O:) Otherwise I'm gonna get Note 4 which is not bad either (and cheaper!)

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

This is the first thread or blog I looked at this morning (Mornin' All! ).

So one speaker next to the microphone, hows that gonna work lying on a desk.

Headphone jack at the bottom.

Is there an IR blaster thing or not.

5.67 inches - I wuz robbed.

Still - nothing I dislike too much yet.

DETERMINOLOGY

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

This is the first thread or blog I looked at this morning (Mornin' All! ).

So one speaker next to the microphone, hows that gonna work lying on a desk.

Headphone jack at the bottom.

Is there an IR blaster thing or not.

5.67 inches - I wuz robbed.

Still - nothing I dislike too much yet.

We will know in a few weeks but the way everything is leaking the rumors will drop within days

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Not sure what the thrill is for 4GB ram since Android treats ram like one giant stack register for quick app memory recall. You will end up with about the same free storage, unless the total apps on your device is less than what can almost filled up.

Seems a Note 4 with sd slot and battery options is a better deal and save over $100 even after buying a 128gb card. The Note 4 user has 32GB more storage to boot. The more Samsung tries to act like Apple, the bigger Apple gets.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

Not sure what the thrill is for 4GB ram since Android treats ram like one giant stack register for quick app memory recall. You will end up with about the same free storage, unless the total apps on your device is less than what can almost filled up.

Seems a Note 4 with sd slot and battery options is a better deal and save over $100 even after buying a 128gb card. The Note 4 user has 32GB more storage to boot. The more Samsung tries to act like Apple, the bigger Apple gets.

Agreed. They should have left the IR blaster and SD card in the device. Non removable battery is okay especially if it is a $30 swap at an authorized place. And they do need some more camera tricks as the new Moto X Style is now just as good as the Note 4.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. They should have left the IR blaster and SD card in the device. Non removable battery is okay especially if it is a $30 swap at an authorized place. And they do need some more camera tricks as the new Moto X Style is now just as good as the Note 4.

What new camera tricks does the Moto X style have? I'm curious

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Speaking of this leak, anybody else notice two things?

1. These leaked photos and other recent ones look exactly like the phone renders for the new case at Amazon that has also been linked as recent Note 5 info. The Amazon case renders show a pinned slot on bottom AND side by the power button.

2. All the recent photo leaks appear to not show the power button side surface to the point of hiding it on purpose. We have so far seen the power button side with the image darkened out, with a case covering it, or a hand blocking full view.

Big stretch, but what IF Samsung knows the sd slot is a big issue and the leaks are all part of a reveal later? Very doubtful, but seems uncanny how that particular area of the phone is the only area not fully visible in any photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.