The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

I still am a firm believer that the photos in this "leak" are a dummy unit from that particular case make, just a gut feeling, truly believe that the other device we saw a picture of (gold with the white case on it) is most likely legit

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I still am a firm believer that the photos in this "leak" are a dummy unit from that particular case make, just a gut feeling, truly believe that the other device we saw a picture of (gold with the white case on it) is most likely legit

Still, the only surface area not visible in any photo image (except the render) is the area next to the power button. The render's nomenclature appears the same as the photos.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

The 3,000 mah seems an issue for a sealed design with a 5.7" 1440p LCD. They pack a 3630 mah battery in the new smaller display model with 1080p. That makes zero sense. The OEs seems to never really get it all together. The Note 4, IMO is the closest thing to getting it all correct, but it too should have had a bigger battery- in spite of the more power efficient display. LCD is more of a power hog, yet Moto is putting a smaller battery than even the Note 4 has.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

The pop out slot is way oversized for a nano-sim. Any chance that it is 2-in-1 a nano sim and microsd slot?
View attachment 188939

This is the Sim Card on the S6. About the same size!

samsung_s6_edge_top_0.jpg

I am hoping that they go this route with the MicroSD card on the GNote5, since they have not really shown us the sides other then the Volume and power buttons.

samsung-galaxy-e5_fonearena-10.jpeg

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

At this point it is clear the direction that Samsung is going with the design of the Note 5, very much akin to the GS6. Just based on that I can pretty much guarantee there will NOT be a SD slot on the device.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

At this point it is clear the direction that Samsung is going with the design of the Note 5, very much akin to the GS6. Just based on that I can pretty much guarantee there will NOT be a SD slot on the device.

I am hoping that you are wrong!!!!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Pretty much
No one should be surprised or upset if it doesn't have an SD card slot imo

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

That phone is going to cost around $1,000.

Sounds about right after tax. Note 4 with 128gb card would be about $200 less, 32gb more storage and battery options.

Added: All along I was thinking around $100, but $200 seems more likely. Verizon for reference did not exactly break their backs to get in the 128gb S6 in stock. Price of the Note 4 128gb might make it low percent purchase and scare media users from it.

Last edited:

kathy13xia

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: More pics of the Note 5 (Looks like no auto-eject S-Pen)

Can this new phone support 3D video for Gear VR? If not, it's a pitty.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Looks the same to me.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

The difference is the first pic seems to show an s-pen that might have an auto eject feature or push to eject feature since there is no divot to pull it out with your fingernail (still think this device is a dummy unit) the second pic shows a more traditional style with the divot for manual s-pen removal (actual device in my opinion)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

This is acceptable. Not like a $6 replacement battery off of eBay, but not back-breakingly expensive either.

The problem is not just (or even principally) the cost, but the inconvenience. If you have to send it back to Samsung, how long will you be without your phone? And if you have to wipe it to protect privacy, how long will it take you to set it up again? Conversely, how long does it take to pop a new battery in when you have a removable battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt