The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

I am wondering if the United States will even see the 128GB GNote5. From past experience the United States only got the 32GB versions of the Samsung phones. 64GB was overseas and other countries. They may give us the 64GB version this time around and 128GB everywhere else.

Sent from my GNOTE4 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

I am wondering if the United States will even see the 128GB GNote5. From past experience the United States only got the 32GB versions of the Samsung phones. 64GB was overseas and other countries. They may give us the 64GB version this time around and 128GB everywhere else.

Yep, the price point might mean it is an on-line order option only- if they even offer it. The S6 128gb took a while to get to market in the US for some carriers that did/do offer the 128gb.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The S6 saw the 32/64/128. Only the Active didn't.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

The difference is the first pic seems to show an s-pen that might have an auto eject feature or push to eject feature since there is no divot to pull it out with your fingernail (still think this device is a dummy unit) the second pic shows a more traditional style with the divot for manual s-pen removal (actual device in my opinion)

I'm a bit surprised some aren't seeing it. Maybe it's more subtle than I thought, but the difference was quite clear to me.

fishygraphx

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site

The IR blaster is not removed. It's that little dot opposite of the sim tray at the top of the phone. What's a big upset is there is no sd card. Although slightly disappointed with my M9 I must admit that I'm an HTC guy so I'm not looking forward to a Note 4 even though I like what the Note brings to the table.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

The IR blaster is not removed. It's that little dot opposite of the sim tray at the top of the phone. What's a big upset is there is no sd card. Although slightly disappointed with my M9 I must admit that I'm an HTC guy so I'm not looking forward to a Note 4 even though I like what the Note brings to the table.
I think that it might be an mic.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I'm a bit surprised some aren't seeing it. Maybe it's more subtle than I thought, but the difference was quite clear to me.

Ni I see exactly what you are talking about. We will just have to wait until Aug 13 to see the actual device

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

It's just a matter of perspective in that pic, I'm pretty sure it's only a SIM slot.

It's an awfully large slot for just a SIM, wouldn't you agree? The speculation (and leaked reports) indicate it's a dual slot for both SIM and microSD cards. I'm really hoping the speculation is true.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I think the top image has more credibility because you see more of the actual device and its not in a case. The bottom image you cannot really see the full device

The bottom photos appears the device has some type of case attached.

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

It's an awfully large slot for just a SIM, wouldn't you agree? The speculation (and leaked reports) indicate it's a dual slot for both SIM and microSD cards. I'm really hoping the speculation is true.

It does look large, but I still think that's most likely just how the picture was taken.

Are you referring to the speculation from the Sprint placeholder? I thought we debunked that with the Verizon holder?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(8702321)

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site

The difference is the first pic seems to show an s-pen that might have an auto eject feature or push to eject feature since there is no divot to pull it out with your fingernail (still think this device is a dummy unit) the second pic shows a more traditional style with the divot for manual s-pen removal (actual device in my opinion)

The pictures are from different angles dude.

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

The pictures are from different angles dude.

I'm aware, but it's very obvious if you look at them that there is a distinct difference between the two, and as I've said previously, I still believe the gold phone with the manual s-pen removal to be the accurate one

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

And I suspect if it gets here and every carrier has it (two big "ifs"), it will cost an arm, leg and your first born son.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

And I suspect if it gets here and every carrier has it (two big "ifs"), it will cost an arm, leg and your first born son.

Yes. More the reason a 64GB Moto X with sd slot for $500 appears very compelling. Battery life is the apparent issue to know. I am very tempted to consider:

1. Front facing stereo speakers
2. Apparently very good front and back cameras
3. With 128gb card, 64GB more storage than the Note 5 128gb at almost half the price.

Seems too good, so why I am dwelling on battery life. There seems to always be a catch with any device. The Note 4 is first device I have owned though that had IMO the least catches :)

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Man. Just toss a backing similar to the Note 4 on it and confirm an SD card, and its a beautiful device. Hate this new glass backing. Rest of it looks good.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Man. Just toss a backing similar to the Note 4 on it and confirm an SD card, and its a beautiful device. Hate this new glass backing. Rest of it looks good.

Ironically, the reason Samsung changed the back to glass was because a lot of people were complaining about the plastic back the Samsung used to use on its devices (Galaxy S4, Note 4, etc.)

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site

Ironically, the reason Samsung changed the back to glass was because a lot of people were complaining about the plastic back the Samsung used to use on its devices (Galaxy S4, Note 4, etc.)

Yeah. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I love their faux leather. The Note 4 feels pretty darn premium to me. I could see older Galaxy models being "cheap" though.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site

So true. But there were different factions. A lot of us over the years pointed out that (a) we put cases on it anyway; and (b) the goal should therefore be to function well--light, inexpensive. So, now this group has become the group complaining. Whereas before it was the other group that wanted something more beautiful and supposedly solid. ;)

In truth, I don't think the vast majority of Samsung's actual customers cared about the back. The question was more whether Samsung would be able to appeal to people who weren't yet customers--and shut up professional critics who just had to say in every review that it didn't really look good next to Apple. :)

I still am a firm believer that the photos in this "leak" are a dummy unit from that particular case make, just a gut feeling, truly believe that the other device we saw a picture of (gold with the white case on it) is most likely legit

In your posts, you sound like you have inside info that you can't specify. Don't worry--no comment necessary if you cannot confirm or deny. ;)

In any event, here would be my conclusion: you are right, because if you weren't, given all the media storm over SD and batteries, Samsung would've said something by now, like "calm down, that's not true." :)

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site

No one necessarily wanted a non-removable back though. You can do a premium looking and feeling back that is still removable to allow for battery swaps and a micro SD card. If I had my way, I would have liked to have Samsung do a removable back with premium materials, like leather, perhaps some form of gorilla glass, etc. Samsung could have made more money on that than they did copying apple. Just look at how much hype moto maker generates for motorola, on phones that can't compare with samsung's specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech