The Note 5 leaks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 5 in its full glory (BIG LEAKS)

Getting to the sealed/embedded battery in the S6/S6 Edge isn't so easy due to heavy use of adhesives under the glass back and battery. As such iFixit gave it a difficult repairability index: Samsung Galaxy S6 teardown reveals difficult repairability. Note 5 will probably be similar.

Yeah, I've seen that iFixit review. I'm sure its more difficult now that the battery is sealed in, but from the videos I have seen, its not too bad. You can reach teh battery in under 5 minutes. Though I wouldn't try it myself

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

I read that at the time. Apparently the S6 Edge is more of a SOB, if I remember.

They can't have officially stated the charge for replacing a Note 5 battery will only be $30 as someone posted.
Presuming the battery itself is extra, that would be alright, but 12 - 18 months down the line I wouldn't hold my breath.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Yeah, I've seen that iFixit review. I'm sure its more difficult now that the battery is sealed in, but from the videos I have seen, its not too bad. You can reach teh battery in under 5 minutes. Though I wouldn't try it myself

In under 5 minutes if you're one of the iFixit guys who does that for a living sure -- Someone who doesn't do that may take a little longer and has a higher chance of damaging something haha.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

In under 5 minutes if you're one of the iFixit guys who does that for a living sure -- Someone who doesn't do that may take a little longer and has a higher chance of damaging something haha.
Lol yeah thats likely true

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

Madscotsman

May 20, 2010
Visit site

Just something in that picture, or it's the case, the phone itself will have a smooth glass back just like the GS6

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Middle East retailer leaks specs

Guess we'll find out in 6 days in this is true or not. Sorry can't post link cause I'm not up to 10 post

According to the listing for the Samsung Galaxy Note 5, the device will feature a Gorilla Glass 4 protected 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen with a 1440 x 2560 resolution. Under the hood is the Exynos 7422 SoC, which includes an octa-core CPU. 4GB of RAM is inside along with 32GB/64GB of native storage. Yes Virginia, there is a 128GB capacity microSD slot on the Note 5 for those requiring additional memory. A rear-facing 16MP camera is on board, along with a 5MP front-facing shooter. A 4100mAh battery powers the phablet, which has Android 5.1 pre-installed. The Galaxy Note 5 will be available in black or gold. Weighing in at 169 grams, the device measures 7.6mm thick.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Middle East retailer leaks specs

How is that that there is so many conflicting information!!
I'd take this with a grain of salt

constable

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site

If this is true that is refreshing. I'll be in line early to get one. That being said I don't think these specs are accurate. I'm eyeing up the rumoured g4pro from LG. Battery life is huge to me and the rumoured 3000mah battery for the note is inadequate

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

Take this for what it is worth. I know I would, since I am always skeptical of the "my friend works for BLANK" and this is what the phone is post....but my little brother works for Best Buy mobile.

He claims (I live six hours away) to have held and played with both the s6 edge + and note 5.

His claims match the rumors. Curved back, glass and metal, etc. No ext. sd slot, and in his words "it's so fast!"

Sounds like a nice device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site

Went to AT&T today. Guy there who seemed to know what he was talking about said he has seen the Note 5 and rumors of no removable battery and no SD card are correct. I didn't ask about the size of the battery or any other details.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site

Thx for the pics. Would love to see a top view of both held together.

Thx much

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

A guy at an AT&T sore said it?! It MUST be true. :)

Went to AT&T today. Guy there who seemed to know what he was talking about said he has seen the Note 5 and rumors of no removable battery and no SD card are correct. I didn't ask about the size of the battery or any other details.

Status
Not open for further replies.