08-13-2015 10:14 AM
36 12
tools
    A local site in my country (UAE) has listed the Galaxy Note 5 pre-orders.Although there is only one image,specs are still there.No SD expansion,Non-removable 3000 mAh battery. Judging by the picture,the S-pen is an eject type.The camera is still a 16 MP shooter though.See attached screenshots:
    The website is crazydeals.as
    It's sold out for now.Samsung Galaxy Note 5 is official! (Specs and pre-order)-uploadfromtaptalk1439400517618.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 is official! (Specs and pre-order)-uploadfromtaptalk1439400530528.jpgSamsung Galaxy Note 5 is official! (Specs and pre-order)-uploadfromtaptalk1439400538801.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 12:29 PM
    I have the Note 4 and not worth upgrading to the Note 5 based on what I see.
    08-12-2015 02:14 PM
    I think its worth the upgrade from the Galaxy S6...probably not as much from the Note 4
    I will be upgrading mainly because of the bigger battery and the 4GB of ram
    08-12-2015 02:48 PM
    Sad. As many others have said I can be OK without SD card but not with a smaller batter.
    KJ78, leedinkdink and Alex_NJ like this.
    08-12-2015 03:10 PM
    But what if the smaller battery last longer, just wait for some reviews maybe it will be enough.
    08-12-2015 03:50 PM
    But what if the smaller battery last longer, just wait for some reviews maybe it will be enough.
    We've been down this road with the S6
    Shepx13 and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    08-12-2015 03:58 PM
    If you have an S6 and need/want a bigger screen then the upgrade may be worth it but if you have a Note 4, based on what I see, you might as well save the money.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    08-12-2015 04:01 PM
    I'm really disappointed in the battery. The Note models always had great battery life. There is no way this will out last those. A 3000 mAH is just too small. I had the S6 and for my needs the battery was awful. I could never get through a day. The Note was always my go to device. That might change.

Sent from one of my many phones using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 04:24 PM
    How about everyone waits for the real release tomorrow before jumping on the internet rumor band wagon. Even "IF" the site released those specs doesn't mean they are true. We are less than 24 hours from the official unveil and everyone is already complaining.

I find it odd Samsung would not improve camera AND go to a smaller battery

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-12-2015 04:45 PM
    I really hate to see a 3000mah battery. I will be looking forward to the unveil tomorrow, with a very slim hope that a couple of specs are better than what are seeing..

After the note5 the only other phone im looking forward to seeing is the new droid. Ive bounced back and forth between the notes and droids the last few years.. my daughter has my note4, and we both love it, but i wont buy another 4 unless its a great deal.. and the note5 is really gonna have to impress to bet the 4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2015 04:56 PM
    For those complaining about the battery being smaller...it really will not make much difference

Note 4
    3220mah Battery
    Standby Time = ??
    Talk Time = 20h

Note 5
    3000mah Battery
    Standby Time = 336h
    Talk Time = 21h

In other words, its really not that much of a difference. The batter is only 220mah less, which is not a lot at all
    And the talk time is 1 hour more than the Note 4's....not that its a big difference lol
    08-12-2015 05:05 PM
    I have the Note 4 and not worth upgrading to the Note 5 based on what I see.
    Well I have a Note 3 and it IS worth the upgrade for me.
    jmy7213 and smooth4lyfe like this.
    08-12-2015 06:21 PM
    I also have a Note 3 and am so torn between Note 5 and LG G4, I'm really torn between these 2 phones with each having good and bad issues

Posted via Android Central App
    08-12-2015 06:29 PM
    Yeah. I'm so tired of hearing of all the improvements that every phone is supposedly going to have to make the battery last longer even though the battery is smaller. It never works out that way though. I'm sure this phone will not last as long as the note 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    KJ78 likes this.
    08-12-2015 06:35 PM
    I'm really disappointed in the battery. The Note models always had great battery life. There is no way this will out last those. A 3000 mAH is just too small. I had the S6 and for my needs the battery was awful. I could never get through a day. The Note was always my go to device. That might change.

Sent from one of my many phones using Tapatalk
    totally agree. if I was getting a Note, I'd buy the 4 over the 5. that's not even considering price.
    08-12-2015 07:35 PM
    Lets just wait and see guys
    I'm sure Samsung has something up their sleeve
    The S-Pen is supposed to be more advanced
    And with 4GB of ram, Samsung could add features that may not be done on the Note 4
    Spec wise it may not look like an upgrade, but lets see what Samsung has planned with this phone
    dsignori and Aquila like this.
    08-12-2015 07:45 PM
    For those complaining about the battery being smaller...it really will not make much difference

Note 4
    3220mah Battery
    Standby Time = ??
    Talk Time = 20h

Note 5
    3000mah Battery
    Standby Time = 336h
    Talk Time = 21h

In other words, its really not that much of a difference. The batter is only 220mah less, which is not a lot at all
    And the talk time is 1 hour more than the Note 4's....not that its a big difference lol
    More on point though, is that for a 5.7 inch phone BOTH are too small really. They should easily be able to fit a larger battery than those capacities in this large of a phone. So many phones of equal or smaller size have larger batteries. Even if Samsung had to sacrifice 1 mm of thickness (which they really shouldn't have to) to put in a 3700 or 4000 mah battery, it would be a tremendous benefit with almost no negative. The Galaxy Notes are so thin anyway, no one is gonna turn down buying one because it is 1 mm thicker.

Bigger phones should have larger batteries, period. Feel free to disagree. (yes, in this case larger than 3200 mah) ..
    KJ78 likes this.
    08-12-2015 08:36 PM
    ...to a Note 4 Well, Note 5 if storage or battery options are not a concern.
    08-12-2015 08:49 PM
    Yeah. I'm so tired of hearing of all the improvements that every phone is supposedly going to have to make the battery last longer even though the battery is smaller. It never works out that way though. I'm sure this phone will not last as long as the note 4.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

What?! Marketing Demands you fall for all of the features as Great, and that you do NOT need sd slots or swappable batteries! You can use the Cloud, eat your data up accessing your own content, or find wifi somewhere. Savor the smooth glass build, well until you put a case on it, or drop it and THEN put a case on your replacement. Plus to get through the day with the battery, turn all the cool features off! That or buy a Power Pack!!

Need storage, pay Us a premium for 64GB and 128GB models that will result in Less total storage. Yes, we know cards have gotten faster and provide more value, but we are banking on you dissenters to be suppressed by the army of Samboys and our super cool viral marketing campaign

We shall not be denied! We will flood the channels with product and tout those shipments (not yet paid for) as "sales" and the media will fall over themselves how much more like Apple we have become! We heart Apple
    KJ78 and Paravoz like this.
    08-12-2015 09:02 PM
    More on point though, is that for a 5.7 inch phone BOTH are too small really. They should easily be able to fit a larger battery than those capacities in this large of a phone. So many phones of equal or smaller size have larger batteries. Even if Samsung had to sacrifice 1 mm of thickness (which they really shouldn't have to) to put in a 3700 or 4000 mah battery, it would be a tremendous benefit with almost no negative. The Galaxy Notes are so thin anyway, no one is gonna turn down buying one because it is 1 mm thicker.

Bigger phones should have larger batteries, period. Feel free to disagree. (yes, in this case larger than 3200 mah) ..
    I agree completely. This is what I've been saying the whole time. I guess Samsung thinks including wireless charging is more important that longer battery life. Who needs a sub 7 mm phone or even a sub 8 mm for that matter. Pick a size and jam the biggest battery you can inside. I don't care if the 3000 mAh batter gets the same battery life. The idea is to improve upon the last iteration.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Paravoz and dsignori like this.
    08-12-2015 09:27 PM
    Mod Note - Just a reminder to keep it civil. No reason to take the topic to trolling / mocking others.

Thanks.
    Aquila and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-12-2015 10:47 PM

Note 4
    3220mah Battery
    Standby Time = ??
    Talk Time = 20h

Note 5
    3000mah Battery
    Standby Time = 336h
    Talk Time = 21h

They may say it will last longer but we all know that wasn't the case with the S5 and the S6. They shrunk the battery on the S6 but said it would still last longer with the better ram and processor. Well, I have an S6 and battery and ram is horrible. Out of the box almost all 3gb of ram is used up and nothing can fix this. The battery is absolutely horrible. I'm lucky to get 12hrs and 2-3 hours of screen time on a full charge. The only savior is how fast it charges. The lag on my S6 now that 95%of my 32gb is full and the constant ram usage makes me want to throw this phone up against a wall. I only got the S6 to get me through until the Note 5 came out. Now Idk what to do since the note 5 is basically just a bigger S6 with an s pen. I fear I will have the same problems I'm having with the S6. I may just have to get a Note 4 like I should of in the first place. Very sad but true

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2015 11:26 PM

Note 4
    3220mah Battery
    Standby Time = ??
    Talk Time = 20h

Note 5
    3000mah Battery
    Standby Time = 336h
    Talk Time = 21h

There's more to battery life than just battery size.

The nexus 6 and Note 4 have the same cpu, gpu, and baseband processor, with very similar battery size , yet the note 4 gets substantially better battery life for most people
    Aquila and maj71303 like this.
    08-12-2015 11:33 PM
    What?! Marketing Demands you fall for all of the features as Great, and that you do NOT need sd slots or swappable batteries! You can use the Cloud, eat your data up accessing your own content, or find wifi somewhere. Savor the smooth glass build, well until you put a case on it, or drop it and THEN put a case on your replacement. Plus to get through the day with the battery, turn all the cool features off! That or buy a Power Pack!!

Need storage, pay Us a premium for 64GB and 128GB models that will result in Less total storage. Yes, we know cards have gotten faster and provide more value, but we are banking on you dissenters to be suppressed by the army of Samboys and our super cool viral marketing campaign

We shall not be denied! We will flood the channels with product and tout those shipments (not yet paid for) as "sales" and the media will fall over themselves how much more like Apple we have become! We heart Apple
    perfectly stated and we'll written. couldn't agree more!
    08-12-2015 11:35 PM
    Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings (including screen brightness), and voice, data and other application usage patterns.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.
    maj71303 likes this.
    08-12-2015 11:40 PM
36 12