If not the Note 5 then what?

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: If not the Note 5then what?

Not good news hearing this about Swappa. Then again, it really depends on the seller and how honest they are, just like on ebay, or even craigslist. Good thing I only buy new phones!

even a good seller may have cause it... let's his Verizon or AT&T acct was in good standing when he sold the phone on Swappa. 6 or 8 months down the road, he may have come into financial difficulties and stopped paying his cell phone bill. Since the phone he sold was originally purchased on subsidized pricing, the carrier will blacklist the phone. It may be impossible to reach the seller at that point. (and there no point anyway, since the seller can't even pay the cell phone companies, he probably doesn't have the money to refund the seller) :(

Swappa is not at fault..... but there be better ways to protect buyer in this specific kind of situation.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Very little in life actually lives up to one's expectations especially when we set the bar so high. Samsung had already cast the Note's design when the S6 was announced, its not like they designed it in 6 months or less. Next year it will be a tweak of this year to see how they can improve. At the end of the day the phones are solid, they just may not be what some want.

Here are thins that I want in life, but will probably never get:

(1) Samsung Galaxy Note ## with MicroSDXC card slot, removable battery, 6-inch AMOLED screen, waterproof, digital OTA TV tuner(like many phone sold in Korea have)

(2) my wife increasing by 3 cup sizes

(3) a girlfriend, in addition to my wife

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I would like beer fountains that sense if you are legal age or not :)

they already have beer vending machines in Japan that can verify your age before allowing you to make a purchase.

well... in this country, we only have lottery ticket vending machines that scan driver's license before allowing people to buy scratch-off or lottery tickets

speaking of beer... I once had a co-worker who use her Note 4 as a drink coaster. :( What's worse, it was a company-issued Note 4.

Or a personal beer vending machine like this?
myvending.jpg

Brent Starnes

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I planned to replace my Note 4 with the Note 5, but not now. So, I'm completely open to any other phone and will be giving all of them a shot....including the new Windows phones coming in the fall. They should have awesome cameras and the ability to plug into a dock and become a fully functioning Windows PC. I'll even give the new Apple phablet a look. I've been on various Samsung phones ever since I ditched my iPhone 3gs, but I think it's time to play the field a bit. I hope the LG G4 Pro is real, and if the Moto X has a really great camera I'll be leaning that way. In general, I think we have way more viable options in the 5.7 + screen size range than ever before and I'm excited to see what non-Samsung options there are.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm missing something on these threads where people are comparing the Notes to other phones. None of the compared devices have stylus input options. Aside from that, the phones other options and features are what make or break the phones. Why not compare the other phones to something like the S6+ and such?

What other phones out there offer the features and options that the Note line offers?

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I'm missing something on these threads where people are comparing the Notes to other phones. None of the compared devices have stylus input options. Aside from that, the phones other options and features are what make or break the phones. Why not compare the other phones to something like the S6+ and such?

What other phones out there offer the features and options that the Note line offers?

None. All other devices do not have a stylus. Sure, the user can go to Best Buy and pick up a stylus and use it for their phone, but it would never match the S-Pen features and capabilities.

For people that rely on the S-Pen more either do two things : keep their Note device because it's the Only device that has the stylus, or they move on, but lose the stylus feature.
If more companies embedded a stylus in the phones, choosing would be easier for those who want Every high-end spec and feature. That is why LG 4 Pro is (rumored to be) coming out with a stylus because companies are starting to see the big hype and trend of using a stylus in their everyday life. However, I can't wait until October to get that phone, since my Note 3 lags so much even with 70 apps installed, RAM cleared in settings, removed SD Card, cleared running apps, and using Nova Launcher. This is why I had to pre-order the Note 5. It will be here Monday.

Last edited:

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Calicocat..... I know you already have the Note 5 coming (enjoy!!) but I have one question on you clearing RAM, apps running, etc. Did you ever do the "wipe partition cache"? I am still rocking my Note 3 for two years now with 69 apps (and Nova Launcher) and it's as speedy as ever.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Calicocat..... I know you already have the Note 5 coming (enjoy!!) but I have one question on you clearing RAM, apps running, etc. Did you ever do the "wipe partition cache"? I am still rocking my Note 3 for two years now with 69 apps (and Nova Launcher) and it's as speedy as ever.

I did once, (I don't remember where to go from the settings) but the device was still freezing badly. Sometimes it seemed to be non-responsive then 2-3 minutes later , it's OK again. That is Not normal I don't think.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site

I didn't know the LG4 Pro was coming with a stylus. Is it a Wacom stylus like the Notes and Surface Pros use?

Hopefully it will take off for them and when the time comes again, I'll have another option out there to choose from.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

I didn't know the LG4 Pro was coming with a stylus. Is it a Wacom stylus like the Notes and Surface Pros use?

Hopefully it will take off for them and when the time comes again, I'll have another option out there to choose from.

It's probably a rumor, my bad. I read it on one of these Note 5 forums . I checked the specs, and nothing is being shown for a stylus.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
When my Note 3 expires (in maybe 2 years or more?), I would consider a Note 4 or whatever latest phone with large screen, removable battery and sd card.

twitch3488

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming from moto x '13 so anything right now is an upgrade. That being said, I will either get the note 5 or s6 active. Removable battery ad expandable storage don't matter much to me.

Sent from my XT1058 using Android Central

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech