08-20-2015 01:51 AM
82 1234
tools
    samsung website shows a 128GB version Note 5 for at&t when I looked up the support documents so I don't know if the 64GB is actually max for the Note 5.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/SM-N920AZWFATT#manualsDownloads
    This would fit the apparent lack of cohesion at the presentation. Catch is based on the 64GB the price would be almost $1,000 with tax.
    08-13-2015 12:53 PM
    You'll all buy it when it comes down to it. ....
    Just like tia Apple Boys
    Lol true in Most Cases
    I'd put money on it. ... I think lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    iPhone users stick with Apple due to the ecosystem and being used to and committed to iTunes. Android users tend to not be that way. A lot of people like the Note series due to the very features that have been removed now. Those people will move on to other options and are not part of any Samsung ecosystem (Samtunes?). Not apples to Apples
    debdroid1a likes this.
    08-13-2015 12:55 PM
    I missed the boat for the Note 4, now the Note 5 isn't even docking in English Land.

Can't I get a big HUG and a There! There! from anneeboddee, then I'll go away.
    There's really no reason you can't still get a Note 4. Go on Amazon or Ebay. No problem. You can get new ones. Just make sure they are either unlocked or compatible with your phone system. The tech sure isn't becoming obsolete any time soon. If I wind up keeping the 4 for another 2 years, I don't anticipate any real issues.

---There, there. Hire a lawyer and accuse of Samsung of discriminating by ethnic origin. After all, the British invented the common law system. Or better yet, buy a 4 or a Moto, send them a picture of it and tell them what they can do with the 5.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 01:03 PM
    I will be taking very good care of my Note 4. I am really sorry to see Samsung giving up on expandable storage. Until data is free I will have no interest in the cloud.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-13-2015 01:09 PM
    Prediction: The first company to make a durable indestructible case with a SD card slot, 10000 mah removable battery, with an IR blaster AND no more bigger than the GN5 will be making a crapload of cash.
    08-13-2015 01:10 PM
    There's really no reason you can't still get a Note 4. Go on Amazon or Ebay. No problem. You can get new ones. Just make sure they are either unlocked or compatible with your phone system. The tech sure isn't becoming obsolete any time soon. If I wind up keeping the 4 for another 2 years, I don't anticipate any real issues.

---There, there. Hire a lawyer and accuse of Samsung of discriminating by ethnic origin. After all, the British invented the common law system. Or better yet, buy a 4 or a Moto, send them a picture of it and tell them what they can do with the 5.
    I was tossing up between a new Note 4 on Amazon for £420 and a 32gb Moto X Style for the same money anyway.

I just wanted to be able to buy a phone I probably didn't want.

I gave Samsung so much love over the years.

Thanks for the hug.

(you could do with some better cologne by the way - - just sayin')
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-13-2015 01:20 PM
    Is it me or the difference between the Note and S series getting smaller?

Anyways, I left apple after I tried to change a battery out myself. Was gonna cost $100 for store to do it. Note was the phone for me.

The main reasons I moved to my Note are gone now. I'll use my 4 til it falls apart. Will give me plenty of time to shop around. Worse case scenario, I'll buy another Note 4 as a backup.

msndrstood and dcstuntman like this.
    08-13-2015 01:59 PM
    I was underwhelmed with the Note 5 presentation. Like someone said the Note lines are getting awfully close to the S-series.

That said, I'm going to pre-order a Note 5 and S6+. If I like one over the other then bye bye to the Note 4.

I had an LG G2 prior to the N4 and my HTC M8 so no sd card and sealed battery aren't issues for me. If I find I don't like the N5 or 6+ then I'll stick with the N4 til next year...maybe...

Edit: went to pre-order on VZW looks as though you can only get a black N5 and S6+ with 64GB option right now.....I'll be holding off until more color options become available with the 64GB option.
    08-13-2015 02:33 PM
    G4 is a good device
    I didn't mean to imply that it isn't, just that it had fallen down a bit on my 2015 list.

I'm going to be watching the Moto X next month closely though. It's the first Moto device that's peaked my interest in quite awhile. And I still plan to give the Note 5 a fair chance. I think it's going to be hard for Samsung to get my money this year though. We'll see.
    rushmore likes this.
    08-13-2015 03:36 PM
    Is it me or the difference between the Note and S series getting smaller?

Anyways, I left apple after I tried to change a battery out myself. Was gonna cost $100 for store to do it. Note was the phone for me.

The main reasons I moved to my Note are gone now. I'll use my 4 til it falls apart. Will give me plenty of time to shop around. Worse case scenario, I'll buy another Note 4 as a backup.

There really wasn't much different between the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy S5 except for the Pen and S5 being water resistant, so difference between the two is still not too much distinctive, both were made from the same material, and looked the same from the front
    08-13-2015 04:01 PM
    LOOOOOOOL, so confirmed no external storage or removable battery. Fine.
    But 64GB max internal storage? 3000 mAh battery? it's a larger S6 with the S-Pen.

they shouldn't even sell the S6 or the Note IMO. Just the S6 Edge and Edge+, then they can truly be the the "Apple" of Android.
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-13-2015 05:05 PM
    Or worse, jumped the shark. Happy Days started that one when the star character jumped a shark on an episode, which was the beginning of the end of the series. To this day "jumped the shark" is used for something that did something that caused it's eventual demise.
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-13-2015 05:30 PM
    Happy enough with my Note 3 & S6.... not changing either of them for the Note 5,no way.
    08-13-2015 06:53 PM
    You'll all buy it when it comes down to it. ....
    Just like tia Apple Boys
    Lol true in Most Cases
    I'd put money on it. ... I think lol

not sure why you think that. unlike apple there's a lot to choose from with android, not to mention some really promising phones on the horizon. personally, my days of $600 phones and bloatware are over, so I'll be either grabbing the Pure or one of the Nexus phones, maybe both!
    08-13-2015 07:50 PM
    There really wasn't much different between the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy S5 except for the Pen and S5 being water resistant, so difference between the two is still not too much distinctive, both were made from the same material, and looked the same from the front
    The S and Note lines have always shared some similarities and/or borrowed from one another from iteration to iteration. But not to the degree we see now where the S6 and Note 5 have virtually the same frame, glass back and internals with the only real difference being their overall size and the S-Pen.

Also, in your comparison above you may be thinking of the Note 3 compared to the S5; both have a faux chrome frame (aka plastic) with ridged/ribbed sides and rounded corners. Whereas the Note 4 has an actual metal frame with flat painted sides, sharper corners and chamfered bare metal edges all around the front and back of the frame. It's quite unique in that no other Samsung device has had a frame like it before or since.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:40 PM
    I think you can guess my response
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 - Official Specs and First Hands On-1439522569255.jpg  
    monsieurms likes this.
    08-13-2015 10:22 PM
    Me thinks G4 and Note 4 will see a sales spike and Moto X Pure could really do well. Just not convinced Motorola's supply chain is up to the task anymore for high demand. Especially after Lenovo is zapping 25% of that workforce. What dumb [language removed] timing for layoffs on the eve of their best opportunity in years to gain decent share.

The resulting disruption and distraction are hardly the things you want thrown into a big launch. Lenovo might regret this apparently short sighted decision.
    08-13-2015 10:44 PM
    iPhone users stick with Apple due to the ecosystem and being used to and committed to iTunes. Android users tend to not be that way. A lot of people like the Note series due to the very features that have been removed now. Those people will move on to other options and are not part of any Samsung ecosystem (Samtunes?). Not apples to Apples
    I started with the 1st iPhone, up to the 4. Then to the Note 3. What a relief! But had to trade it off because the GPS blew. I'm using the Apple now, trying like everything to like the Note 5. The iPhone is BORING. Hoping Samsung fixed the GPS. I want a snappy brute with excellent battery life. I for one will be watching closely. I sure like the looks of the Edge +. Sleek, different & some really nice cases for it. Lets see what the users say over the next few weeks. :-)
    08-13-2015 11:01 PM
    Wow, I read through all three pages and no one has said it.
    No micro SD Slot, No removeable Battery, No IR Blaster, NO BUY! LOL

OK, all kidding aside, here are the attributes that I see.

PROS:
    Improved finger scanner (same as the S6),
    writing on the screen with the phone off,
    new solid build similar to the S6 and
    The Camera with OIS.

Unknowns:
    battery life, performance,

Cons:
    already mentioned it above.

Will you upgrade?
    As for me I will not. I'm sitting this one out and hoping that Samsung has a change of heart next year.
    Until then, I will be using my Note 4 with my 2 extra batteries and 128GB micro SD card

I
    08-13-2015 11:27 PM
    Me thinks G4 and Note 4 will see a sales spike and Moto X Pure could really do well. Just not convinced Motorola's supply chain is up to the task anymore for high demand. Especially after Lenovo is zapping 25% of that workforce. What dumb [language removed] timing for layoffs on the eve of their best opportunity in years to gain decent share.

The resulting disruption and distraction are hardly the things you want thrown into a big launch. Lenovo might regret this apparently short sighted decision.
    Where will the spike come from? If anything the S-series now has an answer to the LG G4 with the S6 edge plus. If your a happy note 1, 2, 3 user looking to upgrade to another Note I just can't see passing on the Note 5 and grabbing a Note 4. I love my Note 4 but I wouldn't do that. The only reason would be for cost. Even that's a stretch for me.

I'm not entirely thrilled with some of the Note 5 changes however, it will be a more than capable device with decent sales. I think.
    08-13-2015 11:37 PM
    A lot of the hands-on reviews have been pretty positive about the Note 5.
    Personally, I think Samsung will still make a good amount of sales with the Note 5
    Adawg1203 likes this.
    08-13-2015 11:52 PM
    What about battery life ..could you specify that please. i am planning to buy an s6/note5
    08-14-2015 03:34 AM
    Many a user will sadly be blinded by the bling....lol! Justifying a lackluster device with many options removed is beyond any reason, logic and comprehension, IMHO.
    dcstuntman likes this.
    08-14-2015 06:01 AM
    Yes but it was all shiny and nice and comes in its own box, and those nice people on stage said it will be good, I think.
    They didn't show why, but it's Samsung - who put people before profit.

They are the company who listen.
    They know what they're talking about, sort of.
    08-14-2015 07:21 AM
    What about battery life ..could you specify that please. i am planning to buy an s6/note5
    Nobody can give you an accurate answer yet. Only someone who's used the device normally for a week or 2 would be able to provide a useful response to this. I suspect the tech sites' reviews might provide some insight once the embargos are lifted. They usually get the devices earlier than consumers...
    08-14-2015 07:47 AM
82 1234