Note 5 - Official Specs and First Hands On

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'm in the minority. I prefer my S6 to the S5 and Note 3 I had. Main reason? It is unibody and does not have that cheap plastic, removable back. Now, I am not saying that the Note 4 is a bad phone because it is an absolutely gorgeous device (especially since it does not have the plastic edges) but I do not like the plastic back. I love the unibody of my S6. I just got it on the Next plan in April or I would definitely look at the Note 5 but I'm not paying $600+ out of pocket on the day of purchase. I'm a cheapo in that area lol

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB
ZAGG Tempered Glass
Spigen Ultra Hybrid

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I guess I'm in the minority. I prefer my S6 to the S5 and Note 3 I had. Main reason? It is unibody and does not have that cheap plastic, removable back. Now, I am not saying that the Note 4 is a bad phone because it is an absolutely gorgeous device (especially since it does not have the plastic edges) but I do not like the plastic back. I love the unibody of my S6. I just got it on the Next plan in April or I would definitely look at the Note 5 but I'm not paying $600+ out of pocket on the day of purchase. I'm a cheapo in that area lol

ZAGG Tempered Glass
Spigen Ultra Hybrid

Personal choice is key :)

LuckyHeart

Aug 13, 2015
Visit site
Life is interesting.. I mean Samsung is really interesting.. I knew it would shy away those loyal Sammy fans who favored SD card and removable battery which is understandable. There's not much to look forward to really but the addition of a physical keyboard, got me. At least, they have that and also the S-pen is awesome.
I'm dreaming of a variation, maybe a bigger/larger battery capacity and 64gb internal memory. If Sammy could hear me, that surely would be a winner.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Then you should love the Note 5 :)
I probably will/would! The 2 things that will keep me from getting it is that I have my S6 on the Next plan and do not want to pay it off (like $600 or whatever) to get the Note 5 and I do not want to buy the Note 5 outright lol I guess the 3rd thing is I did not use the pen on my Note 3 so I find that useless to me. Other than that it is a fine looking device. I'm anxious to see real world reviews of it but I'm already looking forward to the next addition to the S Series

ZAGG Tempered Glass
Spigen Ultra Hybrid

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I missed the boat for the Note 4, now the Note 5 isn't even docking in English Land.

Can't I get a big HUG and a There! There! from anneeboddee, then I'll go away.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmmmm....should I get rid of my 3500 mAh, waterproof/dustproof, phone with an IR blaster (S6 active) for a 5.7" phone with a 3000 mAh battery and no IR blaster/waterpoofing/dustprofing?

Rhetorical question.

Andrew Blackburn

May 10, 2013
Visit site
You'll all buy it when it comes down to it. ....
Just like tia Apple Boys
Lol true in Most Cases
I'd put money on it. ... I think lol

Posted via the Android Central App

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
You'll all buy it when it comes down to it. ....
Just like tia Apple Boys
Lol true in Most Cases
I'd put money on it. ... I think lol

iPhone users stick with Apple due to the ecosystem and being used to and committed to iTunes. Android users tend to not be that way. A lot of people like the Note series due to the very features that have been removed now. Those people will move on to other options and are not part of any Samsung ecosystem (Samtunes?). Not apples to Apples ;)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I missed the boat for the Note 4, now the Note 5 isn't even docking in English Land.

Can't I get a big HUG and a There! There! from anneeboddee, then I'll go away.

There's really no reason you can't still get a Note 4. Go on Amazon or Ebay. No problem. You can get new ones. Just make sure they are either unlocked or compatible with your phone system. The tech sure isn't becoming obsolete any time soon. If I wind up keeping the 4 for another 2 years, I don't anticipate any real issues.

---There, there. Hire a lawyer and accuse of Samsung of discriminating by ethnic origin. After all, the British invented the common law system. Or better yet, buy a 4 or a Moto, send them a picture of it and tell them what they can do with the 5. :)

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I will be taking very good care of my Note 4. I am really sorry to see Samsung giving up on expandable storage. Until data is free I will have no interest in the cloud.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Prediction: The first company to make a durable indestructible case with a SD card slot, 10000 mah removable battery, with an IR blaster AND no more bigger than the GN5 will be making a crapload of cash.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
There's really no reason you can't still get a Note 4. Go on Amazon or Ebay. No problem. You can get new ones. Just make sure they are either unlocked or compatible with your phone system. The tech sure isn't becoming obsolete any time soon. If I wind up keeping the 4 for another 2 years, I don't anticipate any real issues.

---There, there. Hire a lawyer and accuse of Samsung of discriminating by ethnic origin. After all, the British invented the common law system. Or better yet, buy a 4 or a Moto, send them a picture of it and tell them what they can do with the 5. :)
I was tossing up between a new Note 4 on Amazon for £420 and a 32gb Moto X Style for the same money anyway.

I just wanted to be able to buy a phone I probably didn't want.

I gave Samsung so much love over the years.

Thanks for the hug.

(you could do with some better cologne by the way - - just sayin')

Mirhako

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it me or the difference between the Note and S series getting smaller?

Anyways, I left apple after I tried to change a battery out myself. Was gonna cost $100 for store to do it. Note was the phone for me.

The main reasons I moved to my Note are gone now. I'll use my 4 til it falls apart. Will give me plenty of time to shop around. Worse case scenario, I'll buy another Note 4 as a backup.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I was underwhelmed with the Note 5 presentation. Like someone said the Note lines are getting awfully close to the S-series.

That said, I'm going to pre-order a Note 5 and S6+. If I like one over the other then bye bye to the Note 4.

I had an LG G2 prior to the N4 and my HTC M8 so no sd card and sealed battery aren't issues for me. If I find I don't like the N5 or 6+ then I'll stick with the N4 til next year...maybe...

Edit: went to pre-order on VZW looks as though you can only get a black N5 and S6+ with 64GB option right now.....I'll be holding off until more color options become available with the 64GB option.

Last edited:

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
G4 is a good device :)

I didn't mean to imply that it isn't, just that it had fallen down a bit on my 2015 list. :)

I'm going to be watching the Moto X next month closely though. It's the first Moto device that's peaked my interest in quite awhile. And I still plan to give the Note 5 a fair chance. I think it's going to be hard for Samsung to get my money this year though. We'll see.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or the difference between the Note and S series getting smaller?

Anyways, I left apple after I tried to change a battery out myself. Was gonna cost $100 for store to do it. Note was the phone for me.

The main reasons I moved to my Note are gone now. I'll use my 4 til it falls apart. Will give me plenty of time to shop around. Worse case scenario, I'll buy another Note 4 as a backup.

There really wasn't much different between the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy S5 except for the Pen and S5 being water resistant, so difference between the two is still not too much distinctive, both were made from the same material, and looked the same from the front