Having just watched the Samsung unpack it would appear that there was no mention of a UK release date for the Note 5. A quick search appears to suggest that the Note is not in Samsung's current plans for the UK and European markets and we will be getting the Edge Plus only.

If that's true then is a poor decision and one that may alienate them within this region. Has anyone heard anything different?

I was planning on buying the Note 5 as my first Samsung phone having been with HTC previously and getting bored of the rehashing of the same product year-in and wanted the features and capabilities associated with the Note series.

I appreciate that the Note 4 is still available but having taken the decision to ignore this market makes you wonder as to the ongoing support of this product, and a point of principle its not something I would entertain.

I really hope the rumours aren't true.

Rant over....
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 11:02 AM
    Yeh it's true

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...nt-hit-uk-2015

Nice to feel UK Samsung fans are appreciated, isn't it - oh wait.

A big kick in the teeth.
    I kinda liked the presentation, what I saw of it.
    08-13-2015 11:07 AM
    Well, that's a bummer.

It's pretty much confirmed no Europe release for now..

Importing plans anyone?
    08-13-2015 11:28 AM
    Madd54,

Thanks for the reply, really disappointing decision by Samsung. Back to the drawing board then, no idea what I'll get now, suppose I'll have to wait for the next batch of announcements in September.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 11:29 AM
    Same for Portugal, just called in Samsung Portugal.. They said no European release confirmed as far as they know.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 11:29 AM
    Madd54,

Thanks for the reply, really disappointing decision by Samsung. Back to the drawing board then, no idea what I'll get now, suppose I'll have to wait for the next batch of announcements in September.
    Moto X Style 2015 (Pure Edition) @ approx £379 for the 16gb, then add 50 for the 32 and again for the 64gb.

The Moto X Play (not going to the US, lol) is looking great for even less.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...s-moto-x-style

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...2015-announced

http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-x-play

Welcome to Android Central.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    08-13-2015 12:14 PM
    Well, that's a bummer.

It's pretty much confirmed no Europe release for now..

Importing plans anyone?
    No.

With the money I will save getting a Moto X Style or Play, I might buy Switzerland - and get a better phone.

My Note 3 was great, but I am rocking a little 1st gen Moto G atm.

Then again, I may get a new Note 4 on Amazon @ 420 ish.
    08-13-2015 12:20 PM
    Got Note 4, might upgrade to next Nexus...

I just don't like the 3000 mAH inside S6 Plus.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 01:44 PM
    Maybe Europe will get an even better Note later this year. The Note 5 Plus!

Just so people don't think that I am just trying to start rumors, this is speculation only.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 04:32 PM
    I refuse to be treated as an after thought by manufacturers. If my money isn't good enough at the launch of a product then there is no way that I'd be prepared to pay a premium at a later date for something that is a number of months old.

As I see it, this will never reach Europe any delay until the new year would undermine any Galaxy s7 release, so the Note 4 will probably be the last European Note. If not and we are forced to wait until the Note 6 then I suspect by that point those loyal users would have already left Samsung for a competitor.

Truly one of the stupidest decisions ever.
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-13-2015 05:09 PM
    I refuse to be treated as an after thought by manufacturers. If my money isn't good enough at the launch of a product then there is no way that I'd be prepared to pay a premium at a later date for something that is a number of months old.

As I see it, this will never reach Europe any delay until the new year would undermine any Galaxy s7 release, so the Note 4 will probably be the last European Note. If not and we are forced to wait until the Note 6 then I suspect by that point those loyal users would have already left Samsung for a competitor.

Truly one of the stupidest decisions ever.
    Good points. I decided not to buy a Note 4 when I could, around the time the S6 came out. The Note 5 will be virtually 6 months old if they are coming here in 2016.
    08-13-2015 05:33 PM
    tbh samsung did not give 2 sh*** about the note 4 users. I'm not upset about the note 5 not being available. Was thinking about the s6 edge + (now it's easier to decide). Hopefully the s6 edge + will actually be supported by samsung not dumped like the note 4
    08-14-2015 06:46 AM
    I think something happened.

They were trying to finalise with some networks and they weren't happy with the price or something. It was all too last minute.

What if they do a Motorola and sell it online and on Amazon.
    08-14-2015 07:15 AM
    That may well be the case, but if so then issue a press statement saying it will be a staggered introduction with the product likely to hit Europe in late 2015. Issuing the statement they did, does nothing but alienate those loyal customer affected and undermine the existing product in those markets.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 08:46 AM
    I agree. Alex Dobie is an Android Central reviewer/blogger / journalist out of Manchester and he didn't know a few minutes before the launch. Still no statement from Samsung.
    The BBC reported on the Note 5 launch online 3 hours later and added it won't be available here but isn't it nice.

Can Samsung fire their own PR Dept?
    08-14-2015 08:54 AM
    I've emailed the UK CEO and Press Office asking for clarification on their strategy and why they believed excluding Europe from a flagship product was going to help address the downturn on their balance sheets. Can't say that I expect a response and if I do it'll be a standard party line lacking any acknowledgement of the potential damage being created and erosion of brand loyalty in the region. Not that this is a crusade or anything on my part.........

anon8380037 likes this.
    08-14-2015 09:09 AM
    Europe.....can you read Korean graffiti, or more precisely, the lack thereof?

When it was widely reported that the
    Note 5 was to be released ahead the IFA in Berlin, it was speculated that the motivation was to get a marketing advantage over the next Apple release in September.

Come on people, get real, Note users would never buy an IPhone just because it came out a day earlier. Samsung was telling Europe that we do not intend to market the Note 5 in the European marketplace. Therefore we can not logically announce the new device in Europe's biggest tech show.

Now Europe is screaming that they've been jilted like a bride at the altar. Don't you realize that Samsung never intended to announce a wedding. As a matter of fact, they effectively pre-annouced that you would not participate in having any wedding cake.

Maybe you can catch the bouquet next year.

08-14-2015 09:46 AM
    Ha Ha. I saw someone posted the uk ceo's email so he may get a few more.

"We thank you for expressing an interest in our Samsung product line.
    Did you know the new S6 Edge Plus is now available in an extra Titanium Grey (?) finish. Please visit our website for more information on this and all our exciting products. "

You can have my last £10 note if you get an intelligent direct answer.
    As you say, you're not expecting one either, but they have to release some information.

Oh to be a fly on the wall of Samsung UK, which may be empty by now.
    08-14-2015 09:58 AM
    08-14-2015 11:56 AM
    If I was to buy the note 5 online from US will it work in the UK and would I need to get it unlocked?
    08-14-2015 01:45 PM
    If I was to buy the note 5 online from US will it work in the UK and would I need to get it unlocked?
    I would wait until the different versions are disclosed but I guess you could compare the different versions of the Note 4 to find a match for most UK LTE bands.

I would put that question again in the Introductions forum of the Android Central Community section. There are ambassadors there who are very knowledgeable on band compatability.
    It's doable, but you may have other complications. It would need to be Samsung Region unlocked by the seller which entails using a sim for 5 minutes. You may not get proper Android updates.

Ask there, but I personally wouldn't.
    khan_1212 likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:09 PM
    The Verizon version is factory sim unlocked,and the cheapest full retail. It will work in the UK, but you would get limited compatibility, probably no lte
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:53 PM
    I know this is a silly question but what is LTE? Is it 4G? And will everything else work normal like will the play store apps be in £ not $? And when you say I will get limited compatibility, what will I be missing?
    08-14-2015 03:22 PM
    I know this is a silly question but what is LTE? Is it 4G? And will everything else work normal like will the play store apps be in £ not $? And when you say I will get limited compatibility, what will I be missing?
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...to-know-926835

The above will explain and compare 4G/LTE frequencies and bands of networks here. I still struggle but I think LTE bands are not the same as 4G frequencies, different hardware / antennae but I got lost on that ages ago.

I am on Three (monthly sim), but EE is far better.

All to do with speed, distance and building penetration, mostly speed.
    3G could theoretically reach 21 mbps, 4G for me up to about 56 on EE, 20 or so on Three.
    Ambassador / Moderator Dpham00 above in the US has reached obscene speeds, and massive gbs of downloading, over a terrabite a month (1000 gbs).

The Play Store will work OK.
    I don't know if Verizon would push the next Android M update to you.
    08-14-2015 06:01 PM
    There's a online petition to bring note 5 to Europe/UK.
    I cant post the link here as im a new user, can someone post a link here. you can find the petition if you google it. thnaks
    anon8380037 likes this.
    08-15-2015 01:31 AM