The Samsung Keynote

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Was that the worst one you've ever watched? It was for me. Is Samsung trying to not sell this phone? I'm confused after the Keynote.

As a long time Samsung user, Note 2-4, you need to fix your keynote's bad. Here's a few of my suggestions.

1.) Maybe add a little energy. This is your biggest phone product of the year and all.
2.) That music.....it's already dated. Imagine in a year or 2 if someone ever watches this again because they need help falling asleep.
3.) If you are presenting major sections of your keynote in English, have those presenters be fluent in English. Otherwise present it in whatever language you want even if we can't understand it, and let us read the subtext in English or whatever language people are watching it in. That way the presenters can actually communicate about the product naturally.
4.) SHOW FEATURES OF THE PHONE!!!!!! You can write on the lock screen of the Note 5? Sweet. What else you got for me? Wireless charging? Samsung Pay? Oh, things I could already do. Last years keynote, while super cheesy, did things like.....tell you about the screen, the S-Pen, why you would want a Note, etc...
5.) Presenters don't need to dress like they are in the office, this is a computer that users use while on the toilet as well as sitting in the office.

I'm sure there are many more.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Was that the worst one you've ever watched? It was for me. Is Samsung trying to not sell this phone? I'm confused after the Keynote.

As a long time Samsung user, Note 2-4, you need to fix your keynote's bad. Here's a few of my suggestions.

1.) Maybe add a little energy. This is your biggest phone product of the year and all.
2.) That music.....it's already dated. Imagine in a year or 2 if someone ever watches this again because they need help falling asleep.
3.) If you are presenting major sections of your keynote in English, have those presenters be fluent in English. Otherwise present it in whatever language you want even if we can't understand it, and let us read the subtext in English or whatever language people are watching it in. That way the presenters can actually communicate about the product naturally.
4.) SHOW FEATURES OF THE PHONE!!!!!! You can write on the lock screen of the Note 5? Sweet. What else you got for me? Wireless charging? Samsung Pay? Oh, things I could already do. Last years keynote, while super cheesy, did things like.....tell you about the screen, the S-Pen, why you would want a Note, etc...
5.) Presenters don't need to dress like they are in the office, this is a computer that users use while on the toilet as well as sitting in the office.

While I was watching that I honestly got embarrassed for the presenters. Dull.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised since thought they would try to spin and refute the need of sd slot or battery options. It seems almost like they committed to this design and perhaps way too late to change anything, so are going forward without a course reconsideration. Kind of like the captain of the Titanic...

A weak Note 5 result (if happens) would not really hurt Samsung much. Referring more to the Note.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeh they made the design decision way back.

They decided not to address these concerns in the keynote way back too.

Korean marketing consultancies :

"We'll listen when you say you don't want to listen ( to your customers)".

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Motorola's keynote/launch trounced this. Then again, it looks like you'll actually get value for your money from Moto's product line compared to Samsung's unless you get one of those big discounts by trading in a phone or something.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Motorola's keynote/launch trounced this. Then again, it looks like you'll actually get value for your money from Moto's product line compared to Samsung's unless you get one of those big discounts by trading in a phone or something.

The difference seems the Moto team actually had a product to be excited about. Samsung team did not seem very enthused.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
^That too. Absolutely. Moto was proud of what they were announcing. Samsung was more like, "You'll take this and like it because we told you that you should."

Telespielstube

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
It was the event I was waiting for months, no almost a year and Samsung ruined it completely. It was shallow, incoherent and the Note 5 got way too little attention. It's actually a shame, but from what I have seen the new Note has nothing what I loved about my beloved, unfortunately defective, Note 3. I was about to get one on release day, but this thing no way. Samsung cannibalized everything in favor of thinness. Too bad :( and for my share the Note got way to little demonstration time. How much was it for Air Command, the absolute killer feature, 1 min.?

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It was the first launch I watched.

I was kind of impressed with the likeability and relaxed confidence of the four I saw.

I then started to realise it was assuming everybody loved Samsung, and would be dumb enough not to see the gaping holes in the information they were announcing. So like I say I thought it was alright. :)

Some reveals I liked: the new full screenshot feature, that it was available in 8 days, the edge apps.

- but people are smart enough to know it all means nada if some have only a 32gb version to play with, and if the battery lasts only 12 hours.

They might regret treating people like suckers, but I don't think so.

The press won't criticise, and Samsung US may forward some feedback and correspondence to Seoul, but like I alluded to before, to Samsung it's water off a ducks back.

They will move on to something different next year and expect enough people to fall for it again. For a lot of people the Note series is gone.

If I had spare money would I try a Note 5?

Well I don't and I can't. Not in this country.

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It was the first launch I watched.

I was kind of impressed with the likeability and relaxed confidence of the four I saw.

I then started to realise it was assuming everybody loved Samsung, and would be dumb enough not to see the gaping holes in the information they were announcing. So like I say I thought it was alright. :)

Some reveals I liked: the new full screenshot feature, that it was available in 8 days, the edge apps.

- but people are smart enough to know it all means nada if some have only a 32gb version to play with, and if the battery lasts only 12 hours.

They might regret treating people like suckers, but I don't think so.

The press won't criticise, and Samsung US may forward some feedback and correspondence to Seoul, but like I alluded to before, to Samsung it's water off a ducks back.

They will move on to something different next year and expect enough people to fall for it again. For a lot of people the Note series is gone.

If I had spare money would I try a Note 5?

Well I don't and I can't. Not in this country.

Madd54
I was not impressed at the unveiling either.
At this point I will keep my Note 3 with my eye out for a great deal on a Note 4 as an upgrade.
My fear keeping my Note 3 is not being able to get OTA updates anymore as I have already waited almost 4 months on a 5.0 upgrade! I'm still happy with my Note 3! 😉👌

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Madd54
I was not impressed at the unveiling either.
At this point I will keep my Note 3 with my eye out for a great deal on a Note 4 as an upgrade.
My fear keeping my Note 3 is not being able to get OTA updates anymore as I have already waited almost 4 months on a 5.0 upgrade! I'm still happy with my Note 3! 😉👌

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
Hey Jalopie, I think you would be very happy with a Note 4.

It seems a more exciting and significant jump from a Note 3 to a Note 4 than from a Note 3 to a Note 5.

If you can get a good deal on a Note 4 and you can do it, I would. I know what you mean about the usability of the Note 3 in a years time.

I am back in a difficult work situation now too, but I will try to get a Note 4 or a Moto X Style in a few weeks.

As the Note 5 is not being sold in the UK until next year (read all my other blubbering posts today), the current Amazon price of 429 for a Note 4 may go up, or they will sell out. Go figure.

Yes, I think they didn't obviously grab the audience at the launch, presumably all journalists anyway.

Will they do some frank question and answer sessions now. I think they did before, but they probably dare not face their customers or the neutral press this time.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I actually expected more and got a lot less. However, I did preorder the phone, but I still have time to change my mind after testing it for a few days. Hopefully, the approach today was off, but the phone will make up for what they didn't cover in the keynote.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I actually expected more and got a lot less. However, I did preorder the phone, but I still have time to change my mind after testing it for a few days. Hopefully, the approach today was off, but the phone will make up for what they didn't cover in the keynote.

We can't fault you for having such optimism........good luck and may the force be with you! Let us know how that battery goes for you please!! Inquiring minds would love to know!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

If you think this was bad, look at the Galaxy S4 Keynote

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
If you think this was bad, look at the Galaxy S4 Keynote

The S4 launch was embarrassing but at least after all the nonsense they showed off the phone and it was an amazing phone. This time there wasn't anything to see. It was an absolute shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
The S4 launch was embarrassing but at least after all the nonsense they showed off the phone and it was an amazing phone. This time there wasn't anything to see. It was an absolute shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. As I said, last years was super cheesy and embarrassing, but they spent a great deal of time actually showing the phone, and the phone was awesome. This was a joke. They couldn't have seemed less interested in either device. I have anxiously waited every year for each new Note, either buying for myself or for my wife. Unless you want less features in your phone, there is no reason to buy this. If there are reasons, they sure didn't put effort into telling you why you should get this over any of their other phones, even last years Note 4.

Eventhough Apple goes overboard in trying to act like the newest iPhone is the greatest thing ever, they at least tell you just about everything about the phone and why it's the best phone they've made yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad