Pros and Cons of Pre-Ordering?

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I found the trade in caluculator last night, it came up with a value of $12. I may go to best buy today and give it shot. It's a backup for my Nexus 6 and if i can get $200 off, I'm may skip the Moto X and get the S6+ Edge.

And I had the Thunderbolt too, I didn't have many issue with mine other than the battery sucked but it was worth the trade off back then considering it was the first 4G LTE phone. Back then I could easily get over 50mbps, now i'm excited to see over 10mbps.

I am trying to keep my UDP on Verizon. So, I understand the struggle. I would post the link to Best Buy trade-in value calculator but I cannot since I have only 5 posts at the moment. There is a trade-in calculator on Best Buy website if you want to see if your Moto E meets the criteria for the $200 gift card.

Bowhunter

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
What sucks is it has to be either on a lease or easy pay to get the $200 it cant even be a new line

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I just completed my pre order with BB. I couldn't resist the free charger and $200 trade.

Did you have to pay a "deposit"
I ended up having to go in store for the preorder and they said i had to buy a $50 giftcard as a "hold" then friday i can get my money back..

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Any smartphone that has at least a $10 trade-in value will be eligible for at least a $200 gift card. I ended up trading my old HTC Thunderbolt this morning for the gift card. I would not recommend trading in your current phone though because you will not be able to get the Note 5 until August 21. You can use this gift card to pay for the Note 5 if you want to.
Do you have a link to the fine print for it requiring a trade in worth $10?

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is the charger and $200 only for on contract orders??

Did anyone get it and paid full price for the Note 5??

thanks!!

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered in store yesterday and they gave me the deal as part of a full price purchase. I had to get the $50 best buy card to secure my pre-order, but not a big deal since I can apply it to the purchase of the phone.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My Evo 3D pulls in a solid 8 bucks, haha.

Would that work for the 200?

Quite frankly, it's mindblowing that this is even a possibility.

lightiv

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Did you have to pay a "deposit"
I ended up having to go in store for the preorder and they said i had to buy a $50 giftcard as a "hold" then friday i can get my money back..

This is what my BestBuy had me do. They said that my iPhone 3gs would work so I hope I don't have any problems at pickup. I did think it was funny there is no mention of the price of the phone though I can't see them charging more than the online price of $249.99 for a Sprint 2yr contract price.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered online using AT&T Next. It charged me tax to secure my pre-order. I'm hoping I can trade my Moto X 2013 for the $200. That's the reason I did it.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So is it really $200 or up to $200? If it's really $200, I'm going to have to flash back to factory the night before! :D

Free Wireless Charger and $200 Gift Card Offer

Free wireless charger with purchase and activation of the Samsung Galaxy Note5 or Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and a guaranteed $200 Best Buy Gift Card with trade in of a working smartphone.*

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Free Wireless Charger and $200 Gift Card Offer

Free wireless charger with purchase and activation of the Samsung Galaxy Note5 or Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and a guaranteed $200 Best Buy Gift Card with trade in of a working smartphone.*

It's that little asterisk at the end of the sentence that worries me.

Bowhunter

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Is it worth $15 a month to lease note 5? Im on 1500 sprint family plan and they told me i cant get the $200 inless i lease or pay payments...i get $15 a month loyalty discount. Or should i just pay the subsidized price at $350 and not get the $200 savings?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
It's that little asterisk at the end of the sentence that worries me.

This almost sounds like a contradiction on their behalf. Trade in value may vary? But it states guaranteed $200 lol

Trade-in offer details: Valid 8/13/15–8/29/15 in store only. Valid on any working postpaid smartphone trade-in. Excludes no-contract trade-ins. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Trade-in offer requires purchase and activation of Samsung Galaxy Note5 or Galaxy S6 edge+. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks.*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12