08-19-2015 01:37 AM
56 123
tools
    Any smartphone that has at least a $10 trade-in value will be eligible for at least a $200 gift card. I ended up trading my old HTC Thunderbolt this morning for the gift card. I would not recommend trading in your current phone though because you will not be able to get the Note 5 until August 21. You can use this gift card to pay for the Note 5 if you want to.
    Do you have a link to the fine print for it requiring a trade in worth $10?
    08-16-2015 01:08 PM
    No luck trying to trade my Moto E, not the same model loaded in the trade in system.
    My blackberry q10 was listed.. Since its on one of my lines i can use that to trade in.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2015 01:08 PM
    Is the charger and $200 only for on contract orders??

Did anyone get it and paid full price for the Note 5??

thanks!!
    08-16-2015 01:36 PM

thanks!!
    It is for device payment plans too
    08-16-2015 01:47 PM

thanks!!
    Doesn't work if you pay full price. It's listed in the fine print of the offer on Best Buys website.
    08-16-2015 02:13 PM
    I pre-ordered in store yesterday and they gave me the deal as part of a full price purchase. I had to get the $50 best buy card to secure my pre-order, but not a big deal since I can apply it to the purchase of the phone.
    08-16-2015 02:24 PM
    My Evo 3D pulls in a solid 8 bucks, haha.

Would that work for the 200?

Quite frankly, it's mindblowing that this is even a possibility.
    08-16-2015 04:12 PM
    So is it really $200 or up to $200? If it's really $200, I'm going to have to flash back to factory the night before!
    08-16-2015 04:33 PM
    Doesn't work if you pay full price. It's listed in the fine print of the offer on Best Buys website.
    I told the dept manager that I was paying full price when he was putting me on the list and he didn't have any problems with it.
    08-16-2015 05:25 PM
    Did you have to pay a "deposit"
    I ended up having to go in store for the preorder and they said i had to buy a $50 giftcard as a "hold" then friday i can get my money back..

This is what my BestBuy had me do. They said that my iPhone 3gs would work so I hope I don't have any problems at pickup. I did think it was funny there is no mention of the price of the phone though I can't see them charging more than the online price of $249.99 for a Sprint 2yr contract price.
    08-16-2015 08:52 PM
    I pre-ordered online using AT&T Next. It charged me tax to secure my pre-order. I'm hoping I can trade my Moto X 2013 for the $200. That's the reason I did it.
    08-16-2015 09:17 PM
    So is it really $200 or up to $200? If it's really $200, I'm going to have to flash back to factory the night before!
    Free Wireless Charger and $200 Gift Card Offer

Free wireless charger with purchase and activation of the Samsung Galaxy Note5 or Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and a guaranteed $200 Best Buy Gift Card with trade in of a working smartphone.*

08-16-2015 09:37 PM
    Free Wireless Charger and $200 Gift Card Offer

Free wireless charger with purchase and activation of the Samsung Galaxy Note5 or Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ and a guaranteed $200 Best Buy Gift Card with trade in of a working smartphone.*

It's that little asterisk at the end of the sentence that worries me.
    08-16-2015 09:50 PM
    Is it worth $15 a month to lease note 5? Im on 1500 sprint family plan and they told me i cant get the $200 inless i lease or pay payments...i get $15 a month loyalty discount. Or should i just pay the subsidized price at $350 and not get the $200 savings?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    08-16-2015 10:00 PM
    It's that little asterisk at the end of the sentence that worries me.
    This almost sounds like a contradiction on their behalf. Trade in value may vary? But it states guaranteed $200 lol

Trade-in offer details: Valid 8/13/15–8/29/15 in store only. Valid on any working postpaid smartphone trade-in. Excludes no-contract trade-ins. Taxes/surcharges due at time of purchase. Trade-in offer requires purchase and activation of Samsung Galaxy Note5 or Galaxy S6 edge+. Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit. Not all phones are eligible for trade in and trade-in value may vary. Excludes phones that are cracked or that lack power. Not available in all locations and some stores may have additional limitations. Not compatible with other trade-in offers. No rainchecks.*

08-16-2015 10:16 PM
    Is it worth $15 a month to lease note 5? Im on 1500 sprint family plan and they told me i cant get the $200 inless i lease or pay payments...i get $15 a month loyalty discount. Or should i just pay the subsidized price at $350 and not get the $200 savings?

I am not a fan of the lease or pay over time. I am Sprint also and here what I came up with:

1. Pay over time (24 months) and you will pay the full retail price of the phone.
    2. Lease and you will pay the 2 yr contract price (very close to it) but you will not own the phone unless you pay extra at the end of the lease.

Both of these option will get you the $200 trade-in rebate and the lame Galaxy Tab 4 offer. Lame because you have to activate a separate data plan for it and commit for 2 years.

3. Do the 2yr contract price and you are only eligable for the Galaxy Tab 4 offer.

I didn't like these options so I have decided to go with BestBuy. I will pay the 2yr contract price and own the phone. I will also get the $200 gift card and the free wireless charging pad. Best deal I could find without leasing or pay over time.
    08-16-2015 10:33 PM
    Is their a possibility of receiving the phone before Friday.. (through bestbuy)
    This is my first preorder ever.

08-16-2015 10:44 PM
    I am not a fan of the lease or pay over time. I am Sprint also and here what I came up with:

1. Pay over time (24 months) and you will pay the full retail price of the phone.
    2. Lease and you will pay the 2 yr contract price (very close to it) but you will not own the phone unless you pay extra at the end of the lease.

Both of these option will get you the $200 trade-in rebate and the lame Galaxy Tab 4 offer. Lame because you have to activate a separate data plan for it and commit for 2 years.

3. Do the 2yr contract price and you are only eligable for the Galaxy Tab 4 offer.

I didn't like these options so I have decided to go with BestBuy. I will pay the 2yr contract price and own the phone. I will also get the $200 gift card and the free wireless charging pad. Best deal I could find without leasing or pay over time.
    Thanks for the info. ..i have been to bestbuy 2 times and they said that i cant get the deal...

08-16-2015 10:47 PM
    Do you have a link to the fine print for it requiring a trade in worth $10?
    I am just posting what my store is running. My store requires the trade-in smartphone to have at least a $10 value. Also, the phone cannot be a prepaid smartphone or a smartphone that is currently on a contract.
    08-17-2015 12:56 AM
    Wait, so if we go through Sprint on a two year upgrade plan, we don't get $200 with the trade-in?
    08-17-2015 01:54 AM
    Wait, so if we go through Sprint on a two year upgrade plan, we don't get $200 with the trade-in?
    It sounds like different BestBuys are saying different (doing?) things so mileage will vary. When I pre-ordered yesterday I was told that I am good to go. They even looked at my iPhone 3gs and I told them that I was going to do the 2yr upgrade and they said it was fine for the $200 rebate. I will not be happy until I have my Note 5, $200 gift card and Wireless Charger all in hand. Hopefully the bait and switch will not happen to me when I pick up the phone.

My BestBuy did have a correction posted in the front of the store advising that pre-paid phones are not eligible.
    Delirious D likes this.
    08-17-2015 07:24 AM
    I went to Sprint and inquired about the deal and man, these people were clueless. Straight up incoherent babble, talking about me having an HTC so that's what I'm "targeted" for. I asked them if the Evo 3D was eligible for the trade-in offer and she said "Oh you'll get 5 bucks."

Why are the people who work at these stores so unbelievably clueless? I feel like I'm just not gonna know until the phone is actually out and I actually try to do the deal.
    08-18-2015 03:04 AM
    I went to Sprint and inquired about the deal and man, these people were clueless. Straight up incoherent babble, talking about me having an HTC so that's what I'm "targeted" for. I asked them if the Evo 3D was eligible for the trade-in offer and she said "Oh you'll get 5 bucks."

Why are the people who work at these stores so unbelievably clueless? I feel like I'm just not gonna know until the phone is actually out and I actually try to do the deal.
    It's either McDonalds, or the cell phone store. Which would sound better to you?
    08-18-2015 07:11 AM

I've never had issues at AT&T stores. I'm sure this is part of the reason T-Mobile just passed up Sprint. I had Sprint about 4 years ago and cell service and customer service were both terrible.
    08-18-2015 07:42 AM
    First time trade in at best buy...quick questions. When can you trade in the phone, at the point of sale or can we come back after the sale? Do you need to give everything (original box and accessories too?) Thanks.
    08-18-2015 08:40 AM
56 123