Pros and Cons of Pre-Ordering?

lightiv

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Is it worth $15 a month to lease note 5? Im on 1500 sprint family plan and they told me i cant get the $200 inless i lease or pay payments...i get $15 a month loyalty discount. Or should i just pay the subsidized price at $350 and not get the $200 savings?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I am not a fan of the lease or pay over time. I am Sprint also and here what I came up with:

1. Pay over time (24 months) and you will pay the full retail price of the phone.
2. Lease and you will pay the 2 yr contract price (very close to it) but you will not own the phone unless you pay extra at the end of the lease.

Both of these option will get you the $200 trade-in rebate and the lame Galaxy Tab 4 offer. Lame because you have to activate a separate data plan for it and commit for 2 years.

3. Do the 2yr contract price and you are only eligable for the Galaxy Tab 4 offer.

I didn't like these options so I have decided to go with BestBuy. I will pay the 2yr contract price and own the phone. I will also get the $200 gift card and the free wireless charging pad. Best deal I could find without leasing or pay over time.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Is their a possibility of receiving the phone before Friday.. (through bestbuy)
This is my first preorder ever.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bowhunter

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I am not a fan of the lease or pay over time. I am Sprint also and here what I came up with:

1. Pay over time (24 months) and you will pay the full retail price of the phone.
2. Lease and you will pay the 2 yr contract price (very close to it) but you will not own the phone unless you pay extra at the end of the lease.

Both of these option will get you the $200 trade-in rebate and the lame Galaxy Tab 4 offer. Lame because you have to activate a separate data plan for it and commit for 2 years.

3. Do the 2yr contract price and you are only eligable for the Galaxy Tab 4 offer.

I didn't like these options so I have decided to go with BestBuy. I will pay the 2yr contract price and own the phone. I will also get the $200 gift card and the free wireless charging pad. Best deal I could find without leasing or pay over time.

Thanks for the info. ..i have been to bestbuy 2 times and they said that i cant get the deal...

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

htran35

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a link to the fine print for it requiring a trade in worth $10?

I am just posting what my store is running. My store requires the trade-in smartphone to have at least a $10 value. Also, the phone cannot be a prepaid smartphone or a smartphone that is currently on a contract.

lightiv

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Wait, so if we go through Sprint on a two year upgrade plan, we don't get $200 with the trade-in?

It sounds like different BestBuys are saying different (doing?) things so mileage will vary. When I pre-ordered yesterday I was told that I am good to go. They even looked at my iPhone 3gs and I told them that I was going to do the 2yr upgrade and they said it was fine for the $200 rebate. I will not be happy until I have my Note 5, $200 gift card and Wireless Charger all in hand. Hopefully the bait and switch will not happen to me when I pick up the phone.

My BestBuy did have a correction posted in the front of the store advising that pre-paid phones are not eligible.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I went to Sprint and inquired about the deal and man, these people were clueless. Straight up incoherent babble, talking about me having an HTC so that's what I'm "targeted" for. I asked them if the Evo 3D was eligible for the trade-in offer and she said "Oh you'll get 5 bucks."

Why are the people who work at these stores so unbelievably clueless? I feel like I'm just not gonna know until the phone is actually out and I actually try to do the deal.

barry99705

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I went to Sprint and inquired about the deal and man, these people were clueless. Straight up incoherent babble, talking about me having an HTC so that's what I'm "targeted" for. I asked them if the Evo 3D was eligible for the trade-in offer and she said "Oh you'll get 5 bucks."

Why are the people who work at these stores so unbelievably clueless? I feel like I'm just not gonna know until the phone is actually out and I actually try to do the deal.

It's either McDonalds, or the cell phone store. Which would sound better to you? :D

Sher the love

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

I've never had issues at AT&T stores. I'm sure this is part of the reason T-Mobile just passed up Sprint. I had Sprint about 4 years ago and cell service and customer service were both terrible.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
First time trade in at best buy...quick questions. When can you trade in the phone, at the point of sale or can we come back after the sale? Do you need to give everything (original box and accessories too?) Thanks.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
According to what the person told me at Best Buy you have to have the phone with you when you come in for pickup. They also indicated all you need is the phone in working condition. No need for charger, box, cables, etc.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Note 4 last year from T-Mobile and got it a few days before it came out, so that was nice. Also last year Samsung had a rebate if you pre-ordered and traded in a phone, you got $200 off.

This year, unless you just really really want the Note 5, I'd wait till after the iPhone comes out in Sept. The Note 5 looks like a steaming pile compared to the Note 4, so you could either get a big discount on the Note 4 which is a great phone, or probably get a discount on the new one, once the iPhone comes out.

The iPhone will be the basically the same phone so why should he wait for it , the note 5 has a 200 rebate so out of pocket is 550 $300 cheaper then the iPhone that'll do less get the note 5 makes more sense

Posted via the Android Central App

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
According to what the person told me at Best Buy you have to have the phone with you when you come in for pickup. They also indicated all you need is the phone in working condition. No need for charger, box, cables, etc.
Just got done putting my pre-order in and was told to bring the phone back when I pick up. I asked them to check if the phone I had qualified and it did.

goldenmonkey

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
This is what I'm hoping to do... Have two phones to (try) to trade in. A Galaxy S III which has some stains on the back, but turns on and works fine, as well as an HTC Evo 4G in great condition, but only $8 'trade in value' on best buy, so may not be eligible according to some reports.

Sounds like it has to be part of an 'on contract' deal, IE: Tied to ATT Next/Sprint Lease/Whatever and not buying outright. Not ideal, but doable for $200. Just hoping one of my two phones will work for the trade in. Dont' want to trade in my Moto X since I'd rather keep it around to play with Android M, and it's worth more than $200 right now anyway.

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I also don't know how to wipe my phone clean (like the deep clean where the number is removed from it with the MSL lock) or whatever so I feel more comfortable doing the trade-in with Sprint than Best Buy. Unless that stuff doesn't really matter.