Pros and Cons of Pre-Ordering?

radicchio

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have been an admirer of the Note line for a long time (back to Note 2, shortly before Note 3 was released). I've been wanting to buy one for a long time and think I'll finally do so. Obviously, I can delay gratification since I've waited this long. So what is the upside of pre-ordering? The downside? DH is due to replace his phone in about 6 weeks, so that would be a good time for us both to go in and do so. I think I'm inclined to wait a while and hear some of the first reviews and learn more about the phone before purchase. It would also give me time to get a case and screen protector before purchase.

I am definitely leaning toward waiting, but I'm interested in hearing the pros and cons. Typically, if a person doesn't pre-order, does Samsung usually get the phones back in stock quickly so I won't be waiting three months for AT&T to get them back?

Also---I plan to buy the phone outright. Is there any advantage in ordering from Samsung directly, versus AT&T?

bullz7210

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Note 4 last year from T-Mobile and got it a few days before it came out, so that was nice. Also last year Samsung had a rebate if you pre-ordered and traded in a phone, you got $200 off.

This year, unless you just really really want the Note 5, I'd wait till after the iPhone comes out in Sept. The Note 5 looks like a steaming pile compared to the Note 4, so you could either get a big discount on the Note 4 which is a great phone, or probably get a discount on the new one, once the iPhone comes out.

jacko147

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint and Verizon are both offering $200 for trade in right now if you purchase the n5 or gs6+

Posted via the Android Central App

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What kind of issues did you have?

Posted via Android Central App

When I pre-ordered the Black S6, I went to pick it up at the store, and they told me they ran out of them, but they offered my white. I was like no!
I was like If I preorder, you are supposed to hold it for me. They had to call different Best Buy stores to see if they had any available. Luckily one had one, so I had to drive all the way to another one to get it. It was pretty frustrating

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
When I pre-ordered the Black S6, I went to pick it up at the store, and they told me they ran out of them, but they offered my white. I was like no!
I was like If I preorder, you are supposed to hold it for me. They had to call different Best Buy stores to see if they had any available. Luckily one had one, so I had to drive all the way to another one to get it. It was pretty frustrating

Wow that's not acceptable now you got me worried that's where I pre ordered my Note 5

Posted via Android Central App

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
If you pre-order from Best Buy does anyone know when the phones will be available. Will it be as soon as the store opens on the 21st?

htran35

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
If you pre-order from Best Buy does anyone know when the phones will be available. Will it be as soon as the store opens on the 21st?

I actually work at Best Buy and I also preordered the Note 5 this morning. We usually get new shipments of items on Mondays or Tuesdays for everything that we sell in the store. So, we should be able to sell it when the store opens on the 21st. My Best Buy put in a special order to receive a big shipment of Note 5 and Edge Plus this morning. So, hopefully the store that you preordered from did the same as my store. My manager said that she rather order too many than not enough for the store. So, I guess it really just depends on what store you preordered from.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, I ordered from a pretty large store that does a good volume of mobile business so hopefully it will be there first thing on Friday.

Delirious D

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I want to preorder from bestbuy im a huge bestbuy fan but never purchased a phone there. The wireless charger + $200 gift card have sold.

Ive tried from 2 diff pcs to preorder and when it asked me to choose a bestbuy location i get an error msg on their site something about we experience a glitch try again. But no luck..

Any one else have that issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

htran35

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Any smartphone that has at least a $10 trade-in value will be eligible for at least a $200 gift card. I ended up trading my old HTC Thunderbolt this morning for the gift card. I would not recommend trading in your current phone though because you will not be able to get the Note 5 until August 21. You can use this gift card to pay for the Note 5 if you want to.

radyoactive

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Any smartphone that has at least a $10 trade-in value will be eligible for at least a $200 gift card. I ended up trading my old HTC Thunderbolt this morning for the gift card. I would not recommend trading in your current phone though because you will not be able to get the Note 5 until August 21. You can use this gift card to pay for the Note 5 if you want to.
I have a Moto E, I'm hoping that will work since i need to pay full price to keep my UDP.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

htran35

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I have a Moto E, I'm hoping that will work since i need to pay full price to keep my UDP.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

I am trying to keep my UDP on Verizon. So, I understand the struggle. I would post the link to Best Buy trade-in value calculator but I cannot since I have only 5 posts at the moment. There is a trade-in calculator on Best Buy website if you want to see if your Moto E meets the criteria for the $200 gift card.

mcgeorge36

Dec 8, 2009
Visit site

Wow...the HTC Thunderbolt? I wanted that phone so bad, got it, and then found out big of a piece of crap it was. Battery sucked, kept rebooting randomly, etc......Please tell me that thing was buried in a drawer somewhere and you weren't using that daily?

TheMatrix31

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So I'd be able to trade in my EVO 3D for this if I trade in at Best Buy or Sprint, for example? Everything I read about the Sprint offer is that it's "a" smartphone, not a specific type. It's in working condition, it's just super old.

I'd prefer not trading in my M7 *current phone) just in case the Note 5 doesn't work out for me and I have to downgrade or need to use something while it's getting fixed or swapped or whatever else that could potentially occur.

Also, would I be able to use the $200 on the phone at that time or is it a future use thing? This question pertains to Best Buy I guess since it's a card, as Sprint's seems to be a credit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci