"I've ordered my Galaxy Note 5" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I received mine about 4 hours ago. Been setting everything up since. AT&T 64gb black.

Back is definitely a fingerprint magnet. Overall it feels and looks nice in hand.
Comes with the usual. Sim plus tools. Earbuds. Manuals.

Came with 48% battery, and because I've been playing/downloading/setting up it's dropped down to 19%. So I'm charging her up. lol..
I was a bit bummed about it not having replaceable battery and SD, but I came from a Nexus 6, so I've had 9 months to get used to the idea.

Hope everyone enjoys the phone.

Is it slippery in your hand holding it one handed? This might not be a fair question as I don't know how tall or short you are. I only want a case if the phone feels like it could slip out of my hand.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
abe4cef9831991d2aa601c6042dbe934.jpg

Looking like the battery life is going to be pretty good. Small sample size but most of the time my new phones drain their fastest the first few days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Received notification at 4:35 p.m. EST that mine had shipped! Received fedex email with tracking information...will be delivered Monday. It shipped less than 2 hours from when I ordered it. Awesome! Can't wait till Monday! :D

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
64gb
Black
AT&T

Note3->iPhone6+->should have known better->Note 5
SD card or not, removable battery or not...Fed EX said it will be here on Tuesday.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a Note 5 to replace my trusty Note 2 that I've had for the past few years. I'm really NOT happy about the lack of SD card support and really hope they change their minds with the next iteration. I figure, I can see how 64gb does me and if I find I need more then, Next Year, I'll find something else and move away from Samsung. I looked at my memory Usage and I hadn't gotten real close to using the 64Gb Card I have in my Note2 so I should be OK.

NOW.... I just need to find a good case for it. I have my Note2 in a Defender.

FTR:
64GB
Black
Sprint

DeepSeaGoddess

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am also in search of a good case for it. I bought a really cheesy one just to protect it but, I'm looking for a nice case. Post if you find any.

johnmcd348

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'm kinda chastened by Otterbox now due to Price.

I've had GREAT SERVICE from them and really have no complaints on that front. But, when I bought my Defender case for my Note 2 back when they first came out, I paid about $70 for it and the clip. Now, they're $70 for the case and another $30 for the clip.

But, again I'll say, their service had been great. I had a problem with the hold open piece on their clip and I sent them the Warranty info and they sent me a whole new set. I had that one for a few months when it happened again and they sent me another one. I asked the CS guy via Email if the warranty was for the original item or for the new and his reply was:" As long as we still have them, We'll Keep sending them out."

You don't get relations like that. I just can't give $100 right now after buying a new phone.
I will though. When I get the money. I just need something with decent protection to get me by for now. And, preferably something that can hold it on my belt instead of my pocket.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah. I'm kinda chastened by Otterbox now due to Price.

I've had GREAT SERVICE from them and really have no complaints on that front. But, when I bought my Defender case for my Note 2 back when they first came out, I paid about $70 for it and the clip. Now, they're $70 for the case and another $30 for the clip.

But, again I'll say, their service had been great. I had a problem with the hold open piece on their clip and I sent them the Warranty info and they sent me a whole new set. I had that one for a few months when it happened again and they sent me another one. I asked the CS guy via Email if the warranty was for the original item or for the new and his reply was:" As long as we still have them, We'll Keep sending them out."

You don't get relations like that. I just can't give $100 right now after buying a new phone.
I will though. When I get the money. I just need something with decent protection to get me by for now. And, preferably something that can hold it on my belt instead of my pocket.

That's all my wife buys I think they make her note 4 look huge but as long as she likes it, my favorite cases for my Note 4 is the Speck Candy Shell grip, and the Samsung official black and blue case.

Only thing that I wish is that case manufacturers wouldn't make more color options for the Note line of phones, because the S6 has all kinds of cool colored case options but I feel the note 4 is lacking when's its cones to colors.

Posted via the Android Central App

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
For once, Samsung delivered on shipping it in a timely fashion. Announce on the 14th and in store by the 21st, when has Samsung ever done that, in fact it's faster than Apple has ever done and should lead to a trend for Samsung. Announce and ship in 7 days equals sales and not tire kickers.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I am also in search of a good case for it. I bought a really cheesy one just to protect it but, I'm looking for a nice case. Post if you find any.

Already ordered the magma Urban Armour Gear for mine. I've had them on all my phones (iPhone and Samsung, minus my Note Edge) and have been super happy. Just have to wait to be in a solid mailing location before I order the phone. Stuck in a military training rotation and I am green with envy! August 30th can't come fast enough for me!....unless there's a Verizon store in the airport haha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac