Judging from some video highlights I've seen today, the software looks like it's fast which is something I really want in a phone along with a smooth interface. Though I'm not sure how smooth the note 5's software will be.

What do you guys think of the software and it's speed so far with what we have to see? Do you think it will be fast and smooth?
    08-13-2015 12:32 PM
    Well my S6 was fast and Smooth when it was new but now it lags and studders on me. Don't know why but it sucks. Hopefully the Note 5 doesn't suffer from this. By the way the icons look ugly yuck

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2015 12:38 PM
    We have to get one and play around with it for some time.

I'm especially interested to see if they have nailed the horrendous RAM management
    08-13-2015 08:19 PM
    no matter how powerful the device is touchwiz will bring it down to its knees after some use.
    Samsung need to fix the touchwiz. remove duplicate features and apps
    08-14-2015 01:34 PM
    We have to get one and play around with it for some time.

I'm especially interested to see if they have nailed the horrendous RAM management
    The Ram management is probably Google's fault, not Samsungs
    08-14-2015 01:37 PM
    I think it will be extremely fast and smooth out of the box. The Galaxy S6 was extremely fast and smooth as long as I rebooted it occasionally. But then the 5.1.1 update hit the S6 and it wasn't nearly as smooth as it was on 5.0. I had that exact same experience the last time I owned a Samsung phone too... the Galaxy S II. So to me, there seems to be a trend where Samsung phones are always really fast and smooth at first, but then Samsung gets lazy about optimizing updates properly and an update will come along that makes the phone significantly slower and more stuttery. Just ask Note 4 owners about the Android 5.0 Lollipop update. Sometimes Samsung will come along later with yet another update that makes performance good again, but sometimes not. It's kind of a gamble.
    08-14-2015 01:54 PM
    Nah, comparing my Galaxy S6 to my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6, it's pretty clear that Samsung has some serious RAM management issues that stock Google Android does not have.
    08-14-2015 01:57 PM
    I walked over to my local AT&T store today and played with the Note 5 they had there for about twenty minutes. I preordered this morning or I would have went ahead and preordered it then

It was very very smooth and fast, like a galaxy S6. It was the same touchwiz as the S6, which while far from perfect is a big improvement over past versions. Only time will tell if the Note remains fast or lags later one like some past samsung devices have.

Personally I power down my phone regularly and use action launcher 3, so I don't notice much lag even on my ancient S4. I'm excited for the Note.

One other observation about the software - there was a weird little S note widget that stuck on the screen even when I opened some other apps to test speed. I hope you an disable that. Or it could have been there since the stylus was out, AT&T hides the stylus for the store display models.

The back is a total fingerprint magnet.
    Gray Area likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:01 PM
    Nah, comparing my Galaxy S6 to my Nexus 5 and Nexus 6, it's pretty clear that Samsung has some serious RAM management issues that stock Google Android does not have.
    Well I think thats because Samsung has a lot of other things running in their background that the Nexus 5 and 6 do not have, such as Knox, Fingerprint scanner, and all their featured Galaxy stuff

But I agree...Samsung needs to do something about how their apps handle ram because it noticeable slows down their phones compared to others...hopefully the 4GB helps with that
    08-14-2015 02:01 PM
    I'm looking forward to my new 5 to arrive. I think with the newer touchwiz and processor amd 4 gigs of ram I'll be good . My gs6 still running pretty fast . Let me just say this I've had most all the samsung phones and my gs6 by far is the fastest . So I for one can't wait

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 04:35 PM
    I don't believe so. If that was the case then every single device running it would have RAM management issues but they didn't.. It was only the Samsung S6 / S6 edge... So since it was only those phones I would have to say it was Samsung. Especially since Samsung came out (not Google) and said it was an issue and they were working on fixing it.
    dpham00 likes this.
    08-14-2015 05:12 PM
    I don't believe so. If that was the case then every single device running it would have RAM management issues but they didn't.. It was only the Samsung S6 / S6 edge... So since it was only those phones I would have to say it was Samsung. Especially since Samsung came out (not Google) and said it was an issue and they were working on fixing it.
    Most definitely. It wasn't an issue with my zf2 or g4.
    08-14-2015 05:28 PM