03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I too won't be upgrading my Note for an other Samsung Note. They removed many of the most important features that made Samsung who they are today or more like who they where 2 years ago. Samsung has decided to move backwards and the person who's given the go ahead in removing the replaceable battery the removal of the SD card and IR blaster should be fired.
    99.999% of the people will never take their battery out and only have 1/2 of their 8gb SD card full. Although they will claim they do it all the time, they are not being honest.
    Samsung may lose a few, and I stress a few, customers by moving forward with their design but people who are purchasing the Note line are already well ahead of any "setback" this may be perceived by a normal user at this change.

Moving forward, there is a reason all phone companies are going in this direction, and it is not considered a backwards step.

In the end, people will by the Note because they want the Note. It won't slow them down.
    08-16-2015 04:36 PM
    Wow 99.999% of the people will never take their battery out and only 1/2 of their 8gb SD card is full comment sound overly exaggerated don't you think? How did you come up with the numbers?
    08-16-2015 04:45 PM
    Absolutely! Look whats happened to their Galaxy S6 line. It's not good.
    08-16-2015 04:46 PM
    99.999% of the people will never take their battery out and only have 1/2 of their 8gb SD card full. Although they will claim they do it all the time, they are not being honest.
    Samsung may lose a few, and I stress a few, customers by moving forward with their design but people who are purchasing the Note line are already well ahead of any "setback" this may be perceived by a normal user at this change.

Moving forward, there is a reason all phone companies are going in this direction, and it is not considered a backwards step.

In the end, people will by the Note because they want the Note. It won't slow them down.
    I know a lot of people that don't buy SD cards for their phone even if the phone has it a slot available.

I know a lot of people that don't buy extra batteries even if their phone supports it.

Samsung probably has data that shows how many people use SD cards. Samsung has data on how many micro SD cards they sell. Samsung has data on how many spare batteries they sell.

And with all that information, those two features aren't in their latest devices....

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    feragola and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-16-2015 04:50 PM

In my opinion it is Completely a Step Backwards! It's one thing when technology advances and is Replaced with a "New Improved" version.... Cassette tapes to CD's, Disk drives to USB drives, VSH tapes to DVD's.... Etc. Removing the Removable Battery and SD card are NOT advancing with a newer replacement and IS Going Backwards! I completely agree with others that those features are what Set Samsung apart and was a big reason people chose thier product! I for one did.... I Love the Note Phones and am addicted to the Spen, but those 2 features are all about Longevity of the PHONE! Hence cheaper for the manufacturer to produce and cause the consumer to replace more often!
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-16-2015 05:21 PM
    In my opinion it is Completely a Step Backwards!
    How many times do you swap batteries in an average day, be honest.
    Look at your memory and how much free memory do you have?

I use my Note heavily throughout the day and take pictures and notes often and never swap batteries or run into my SD limit. (32gb card)
    08-16-2015 05:33 PM
    Wow 99.999% of the people will never take their battery out and only 1/2 of their 8gb SD card is full comment sound overly exaggerated don't you think? How did you come up with the numbers?
    It's drastically less of an exaggeration then people who claim the loss of these two features mean anything to people who actually purchase a Note and use it everyday in a productive manner. I mean actually use it, people who have never taken the S-Pen out of the phone don't really count and could really have gone with a different phone.
    08-16-2015 05:38 PM
    This thread is aimed at people who will not buy the Note 5. If you are expecting to see cheers for the Note 5 in this thread, I question your reasoning. Most people who shared their opinions didn't say what others who like the phone should or should not do; they stated the reasons that they would not buy the Note 5.

As for the comments as to why buy another phone that doesn't include a removable battery and/or a micro-SD card slot, some people bought and supported Samsung because of these options. If you take the options away, other phones are more attractive now whether it is due to price or other features that rise above the Note 5's features in that buyer's opinion. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

The thing that I don't get for those that seem almost completely opposed to including a micro-SD card slot is that if you don't use a micro-SD card, the presence of the card slot in your phone does not take away from your experience in using the phone. If a person wants to use a micro-SD card slot but it isn't there, his/her experience is compromised. Without any proof, I hypothesize that Samsung would not have lost any customers if they had included a micro-SD card slot in the Note 5.

Finally, the comparisons to people who buy iPhones is irrelevant to this conversation. People who buy iPhones buy them for many reasons. One is that they prefer the simplicity of not having a lot of options because options are distracting (at least this is what I take from some of the posts that I read on iMore). But, more powerful reasons draw people to iPhones, such as the ecosystem and the compatibility with other people that they communicate with on a regular basis. Most people who buy iPhones couldn't care less whether or not the Note 5 has a micro-SD card slot or a removable battery.
    08-16-2015 05:42 PM
    So let me get this straight,
    You come to the Note 5 Forum, presumably where people looking for information and interesting conversation about the Note 5 (not the respective forum of whatever phone you currently own), to complain that you will not be buying a Note 5 pretty much for the sole reason you can't swap the battery or the SD card out. (or more honestly, because you probably aren't due for a free upgrade anyway)

Then complain when people don't agree with you like they don't have the right to do so.
    Ry and Adawg1203 like this.
    08-16-2015 06:02 PM
    I too won't be upgrading my Note for an other Samsung Note. They removed many of the most important features that made Samsung who they are today or more like who they where 2 years ago. Samsung has decided to move backwards and the person who's given the go ahead in removing the replaceable battery the removal of the SD card and IR blaster should be fired.

oh and did I mention a much smaller battery?

FIRE the person who authorized this.
    Smaller battery, but better. I'm averaging about 2 hours more of on screen time than I get with my note 4. On pace for 20 hours and 7-1/2 hours screen time. For me the battery is a non-issue now. I normally on have about 4-5 hours screen on so it should last 30 hours or more.

08-16-2015 06:52 PM
    Frankly, and speaking only in terms of the way I use a phone, there is nothing about the Note 5 that makes me want it. My Note 4 is everything that I need in a phone and I see no reason to change. I'm fairly new to Android, having been a BlackBerry user for years, but the Android phones that I've had ....Galaxy III, Note 3, and now the Note 4 have all been great. The Note 5 doesn't appear to be a major leap forward.
    08-16-2015 06:54 PM
    I use the removable battery feature every day with my note 3. You need it for extended batteries. It's very sad that they are removing power user features on a power user phone. My phone lasts 3 days on a charge. I feel like the note 5 is just a 6+ iphone wannabe with a stylus. Nothing for power users anymore. No SD slot or ir blaster either. With all the bad press I've seen on this I hope they take notice. They are alienating their core users and marketers.
    08-16-2015 07:08 PM
    Smaller battery, but better. I'm averaging about 2 hours more of on screen time than I get with my note 4. On pace for 20 hours and 7-1/2 hours screen time. For me the battery is a non-issue now. I normally on have about 4-5 hours screen on so it should last 30 hours or more.

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...f922ad6090.jpg
    Should you decide to keep your phone for 2 years (some undoubtedly will), do you believe that the battery life you're describing will be the same or better after 1.5 years? Many would say they believe it will degrade and would like the option to replace the battery as opposed to replacing their entire phone. You could do that but you have to send your phone, with all its data, into Samsung for 1-3 weeks I'd venture to guess. Joy Joy.

from the Elegance
    edfranco1 and toenail_flicker like this.
    08-16-2015 07:20 PM
    Should you decide to keep your phone for 2 years (some undoubtedly will), do you believe that the battery life you're describing will be the same or better after 1.5 years? Many would say they believe it will degrade and would like the option to replace the battery as opposed to replacing their entire phone. You could do that but you have to send your phone, with all its data, into Samsung for 1-3 weeks I'd venture to guess. Joy Joy.

from the Elegance
    Well if it degrades 20% after a year it will be back where I was with the note 4. Which was really enough anyway. And I'm sure my local repair shop would swap it out in an hour or so.
    08-16-2015 07:36 PM
    Well if it degrades 20% after a year it will be back where I was with the note 4. Which was really enough anyway. And I'm sure my local repair shop would swap it out in an hour or so.
    Exactly

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2015 07:43 PM
    This thread is aimed at people who will not buy the Note 5. If you are expecting to see cheers for the Note 5 in this thread, I question your reasoning. Most people who shared their opinions didn't say what others who like the phone should or should not do; they stated the reasons that they would not buy the Note 5.

As for the comments as to why buy another phone that doesn't include a removable battery and/or a micro-SD card slot, some people bought and supported Samsung because of these options. If you take the options away, other phones are more attractive now whether it is due to price or other features that rise above the Note 5's features in that buyer's opinion. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

The thing that I don't get for those that seem almost completely opposed to including a micro-SD card slot is that if you don't use a micro-SD card, the presence of the card slot in your phone does not take away from your experience in using the phone. If a person wants to use a micro-SD card slot but it isn't there, his/her experience is compromised. Without any proof, I hypothesize that Samsung would not have lost any customers if they had included a micro-SD card slot in the Note 5.

Finally, the comparisons to people who buy iPhones is irrelevant to this conversation. People who buy iPhones buy them for many reasons. One is that they prefer the simplicity of not having a lot of options because options are distracting (at least this is what I take from some of the posts that I read on iMore). But, more powerful reasons draw people to iPhones, such as the ecosystem and the compatibility with other people that they communicate with on a regular basis. Most people who buy iPhones couldn't care less whether or not the Note 5 has a micro-SD card slot or a removable battery.
    This sounds very rational to me honestly. If the replies in this thread were only about what they didn't like about the phone, your comment is spot on. I agree with all of it in that light.

Many comments though are about how this is the end of Samsung, etc, etc, because of the sealed battery and no SD card - and the narrow view that what that poster wants (or even the majority of forum members want) represents what most normal customers want. In that light, noting that all iOS users never had the option and they sell like hotcakes is relevant toward the notion that requiring these things in a phone is a requirement of the distinct minority of overall users, so Samsung won't go broke because of it (or increase their sales much because of the presence of it, for that matter).

Still, I appreciate your reasoning and agree with it in light of expressing what users here want (and how having it wouldn't hurt anyone who doesn't want use it)
    08-16-2015 07:54 PM

from the Elegance
    I'm almost two years into my first generation Moto X and the battery feels fine.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)
    08-16-2015 08:03 PM
    How many times do you swap batteries in an average day, be honest.
    Look at your memory and how much free memory do you have?

I use my Note heavily throughout the day and take pictures and notes often and never swap batteries or run into my SD limit. (32gb card)
    Speak for yourself.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-16-2015 08:39 PM

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...f922ad6090.jpg
    Come back after six months and let us know how that battery is holding up, then after one year.

08-16-2015 08:42 PM
    I agree with you… This is why I purchased a Samsung.
    08-16-2015 08:44 PM
    Come back after six months and let us know how that battery is holding up, then after one year.

OK. It's not like it isn't replaceable if it needs it. But it has plenty to spare. I'd rather it start out this good degrade and end up where the note 4 is, than to never have it this good. Then I can get it replaced at my local shop and have the great time again.
    08-16-2015 08:45 PM
    I swap batteries all the time. I am not around an outlet all day. I need to have the spare and YES! I do use up all my SD card in syncing music and everything I need without taking up all my phones available space.
    08-16-2015 08:46 PM
    I use up all my SD card with MUSIC files. I like to use my phone as a MEDIA PLAYER, CAMERA and TV remote. That SD card slot is dedicated to music and camera. With those features alone I've eliminated the need to use my camera, iPod and TV remote, so yeah it is used all the time and switched out all the time.
    08-16-2015 08:54 PM
    Sorry, but for a $900 smartphone, they just removed too many features, to each his own. By the way I just went to best buy, they had the Note 4 and Note 5 right next to each other, the Note 4 looked more professional to me, the Note 5 looked like a cheesy looking toy, I don't get it why people for some crazy reason thing an all glass phone looks good. I asked the Asian kid who had been running the Samsung kiosk at this best buy from the beginning, what was Samsung thinking, he said innovation, I told him going backwards is not innovation, he did not look to enthused, I told him I own the Note 4 and will never buy a Note 5, sorry but a 3000 mah battery in a Note phone with a high resolution screen, and non removable battery, with a removable battery I can have a fully charged phone in 1 minute and not worry where the next outlet is, that is a deal breaker for me and millions of others, and the same goes for the expandable storage, their OS almost takes up 10 gigs.

08-16-2015 08:54 PM
    I think your numbers are whats an EXAGGERATION but doesn't matter, what does matter is that those unavailable features are real important to people that use there phones just like me. My phone has replaced my iPod, camera and the TV remote. So much for Samsung’s ‘wall hugger’ ad campaign.
    monsieurms and GregMargie like this.
    08-16-2015 09:00 PM
719 ... 910111213 ...