03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 1234 ...
tools
    I will not be. I am going to snag a Moto X Style (or "Pure Edition" for us in the US) -- I want to try stock Android .
    I think you'll love it.

I run stock Android on 2 devices and have used a Nexus 5 before. It's simply awesome, albeit a little barebones.
    08-13-2015 10:20 PM
    I said as late as yesterday I would hold off but I couldn't help it. My biggest issue was the smaller battery so I hope it holds up.

I was just going to get the Moto Pure but I wanted to try it. I have had every Note to date, love the Spen and split screen. I use both enough to warrant having the note. I switch a between phones a lot. Way too much. I have the S6 Active and 6+. Switch back and forth weekly. The Note line itself is one phone that holds me the longest and I never sell the old model until the next one is released.

I ordered today and it already shipped. I'll give it 10 days, if the battery holds up I'll keep it. If not it's the Moto for me.

Sent from one of my many phones using Tapatalk
    I'd love a note active... And I also switch phones too often.

If people like you give their impression and say it is worth it, I'll probably still upgrade, because I am a tool.

But I hate giving in to the update cycle when they could damn well update the note 4 to having most of the new features of the note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 12:16 AM
    I pre-ordered my Note 5 tonight.

For me a Samsung phone isn't about removable batteries and SD card slots. Those features were great, but that wouldn't be enough for me to buy or not buy a phone lol.

Their screens are still my favorite, cameras are still my favorite, battery life still my favorite, quick and wireless charging still my favorite. I can live with touch wiz (Nova launcher is going right on it first day), and I happen to think the new build of the phone is stunning.

Sue me.
    08-14-2015 01:13 AM
    If real world reviews show the new processor and battery mix is the same battery life as the note4 then i will consider it.

Ive complained about the glass back, but its going to have a case on it anyway if i buy it. I hope they made the speaker louder, i make a lot of speaker calls, and with the note4 i didnt use my bluetooth speaker in my car..

I know ive read mostly complaints, and i cant argue with them. However, if the battery can get me though a long day like the note4 did than i might consider it. Sadly, my droid turbo w a 3900mah battery gets almost the same as my note4 did. I dont have an explanation for it, so maybe the 5 will be at least as good as the 4.

I wont buy an LG, just dont like them, so its not an option.

Posted via the Android Central App
    steflieb likes this.
    08-14-2015 01:14 AM
    I have a Note 3 and I just got an email from Best Buy that may just sway me far enough to buy this phone

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=YYERN-5B
    Posted via Android Central App
    08-14-2015 01:43 AM
    I have a Note 3 and I just got an email from Best Buy that may just sway me far enough to buy this phone

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=gkHZPcVY
    Pretty sure you just landed in the Guinness book of world records for longest link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    clintw22 likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:28 AM
    Why are you so surprised?

Maybe it's just me, but I assumed it was pretty obvious that's the way Samsung was leaning after the release of the S6.

Anyways, complain now buy later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tatt2014 likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:34 AM

samsung-galaxy-s6-edge-plus-and-samsung-note-5 - Best Buy
    Doesn't look like that wireless charger is the new Fast Charging one Samsung proudly showed off during the keynote.
    08-14-2015 02:57 AM
    Actually, WAY BACK when the S6 was revealed, I expected the Note 5 to be the same.

Of course, I did hope for an SD slot, but really, I expected this long ago.
    Tatt2014 and dcstuntman like this.
    08-14-2015 03:04 AM
    I am not planning on buying it either and keep using my Xperia Z Ultra C6833 (with a C6802 as a spare one).

1. The screen is too small (5.7 inches is uncomfortable to use compared to 6.44 inches).
    2. No microSD card. I have a 128 GB card, which is almost full and is planning on getting a 256 GB one when they are available. A device without expandable storage is just out of the question.
    3. No IP certification despite glass on the back. I don't really like glass back covers but can understand them IF the device is water resistant (easier to clean and wipe).
    4. Fixed battery despite a lack of IP certification. Also a deal breaker. If the device is water resistant, a fixed battery can be more understandable but not in this case.
    5. Knox, locked bootloaders (AT&T and Verizon) and efuse. Nuff' said.
    6. Unstandardized hardware as usual (different versions for different carriers, problems with getting an unlocked device with the right LTE bands and so forth).

I wouldn't trade my Ultra for this device under any circumstances, especially not when I am rocking BlissPop right now - which is an excellent ROM. I see several cases where my use would degrade with a Note 5 and no case where it would improve.

If Samsung introduce a "Note 7" with a 7 inch display and the typical Note features paired with a microSD card slot and transatlantic LTE, I would consider it.
    08-14-2015 05:38 AM
    If I did buy it it won't be for at least 6 months. That should be long enough for all the bugs to be worked out.

from the Elegance
    08-14-2015 06:31 AM
    Well, this was a big disappointment. No need to use my last early upgrade on this phone.
    Why not?
    08-14-2015 06:55 AM
    I have 3 batteries for my Note 4 and I can go almost an entire week without needing a charger. I will have a hard time going back to being glue to a charger ever again.
    08-14-2015 06:56 AM
    Does not have removable battery blah blah blah. Cannot add more memory blah blah blah. The fact is almost nobody carries around extra batteries. If it is so critical get an external quick charge extended battery. We are also moving away from needing everything local. With things like Google photos, carousel, spotify etc etc who cares.

Those few of you out there that like these features, you were never the primary audience of the note. The press so overlays your importance in the success or failure of this phone.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    LaTuFu likes this.
    08-14-2015 07:02 AM
    We finally are getting to a point where 128gb MicroSD cards are becoming affordable so when companies don't provide micro SD slot its stupid. But that certainly hasn't stopped Samsung from selling millions of Galaxy S6 phones so i don't really blame them. I blame the people who buy the phones since they are encouraging companies to drop external storage support and instead charge a hefty premium for more inbuilt storage ala Apple.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-14-2015 07:09 AM
    I know it has been said a lot, but these are key features I look for. That's like asking if I would buy the new car if they went back to a stick shift transmission but put a faster engine under the hood, no. I just replaced the batteries in both my Note 3's for $10 each with OEM batteries from Amazon, and ordered a few extra charging ports for them for $6 each "just in case". I'm set until a manufacturer releases one with the features I want. When I am on the boat, and get no service, I want my data on my SD card. The large amount of space the maps take up, the music, etc. etc. Some times you don't have access to a cloud, and even if you do it will cost you several times over. It costs you data to put it on the cloud, and every single time you read it off the cloud. I am unlimited with Verizon, but for most it will matter. Now that Verizon makes you pay full price for these phones, they cost of having someone replace a degrading battery may matter more to everyone in a couple years. That's providing they don't have to send it somewhere to have it done risking loss, damage, or just doing without it for a week or two while they put a battery in the phone. I change mine out and reboot in under a minute, and will insist I keep this valuable feature.
    08-14-2015 07:10 AM
    Anyways, complain now buy later.
    No, it's the other way round. Buy now and complain later when your battery starts to deteriorate and needs replacing.
    08-14-2015 07:19 AM
    I have 3 batteries for my Note 4 and I can go almost an entire week without needing a charger. I will have a hard time going back to being glue to a charger ever again.
    you can go 2 days on a single battery? are you saying you arent around a wall for 2 hours in the day or night (even while you sleep) out of those 48 hours?

People are over reacting IMO.
    chuckawd and LaTuFu like this.
    08-14-2015 07:36 AM
    you can go 2 days on a single battery? are you saying you arent around a wall for 2 hours in the day or night (even while you sleep) out of those 48 hours?

People are over reacting IMO.
    I can usually go 2 full working days on 1 battery. I don't use my phone much at all but the thought of absolutely needing to be tethered to a wall plug sucks.
    dcstuntman likes this.
    08-14-2015 07:38 AM
    It's really not hard for me to plug my phone in each night before bed. Doing that twice in two days would be less effort that changing the battery once IMO.
    08-14-2015 08:00 AM
    I ordered one. There are some improvements to be had over the Note 4 which I have now.

- the S-pen writing with the screen off is cool
    - 4 GB of RAM
    - the quick-access camera access(double tap) and f1.9 lens is also an improvement over the N4.
    - fast wireless charging might be a real benefit for me
    - Improved fingerprint scanner
    - the design looks great to me.
    - the YouTube streaming is cool IMO

I understand the complaints of the people who need all the power specs. Myself, I am not happy about only a 3000 mah battery in this size phone. What's left is a phone that offers some improvements, along with some limitations for sure.

For me it's still well worth it. For others, I can see the issues preventing power users from going this way. Good luck to all.
    castone001 and steflieb like this.
    08-14-2015 08:07 AM
    It's really not hard for me to plug my phone in each night before bed. Doing that twice in two days would be less effort that changing the battery once IMO.
    and as far as i know, charging spare batteries takes just as much effort, if not more, than just plugging something into your phone instead to charge lol
    mclarryjr and dorrien12 like this.
    08-14-2015 08:09 AM
    I ordered one. There are some improvements to be had over the Note 4 which I have now.

- 4 GB of RAM
    - the quick-access camera access(double tap) and f1.9 lens is also an improvement over the N4.

I understand the complaints of the people who need all the power specs. Myself, I am not happy about only a 3000 mah battery in this size phone. What's left is a phone that offers some improvements, along with some limitations for sure.

For me it's still well worth it. For others, I can see the issues preventing power users from going this way. Good luck to all.
    It may be an attractive upgrade for a Note 3 owner.

from the Elegance
    08-14-2015 08:24 AM

- 4 GB of RAM

I don't know if you know it exists...

...But I've been using that camera shortcut for 3 years on an old S3. :P

The secret is some app called Home2, but it's pretty dang old now.
    dsignori and clickerman like this.
    08-14-2015 08:33 AM
    The reason why I'm an advocate for the removable battery is because it increases the device's lifespan by having a component that will degrade over time easily replaceable.

My old M7, for instance, has a toasted battery. If I could easily replace it, I would still be using it now.
    08-14-2015 08:35 AM
719 1234 ...