The first note I won't buy? (all discussion about lack of microSD and removable battery must go here)

Knightstalker

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Are you gonna buy the Galaxy Note 5?

I was waiting for the 128GB version... Having the iPhone 6+ got me accustomed to no SD/removable battery (after having the Note2/3/etc)... guess I'll keep waiting... :(

juliesdroidsync

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: The first note I won't buy?

I can't believe they did it?
Samsung, really???
Wow, I hope your sales suffer enough to get your attention... You take away 2 of the most important things that make the phone great, and then wonder how that's going to go over?
There should be public shaming, firing, or worse for those who made those decisions.
Right now, you seem to think that since no one else has a phone that will currently compete, you can do what you want and the populace will adjust.
To a certain degree, you're probably right...
However, Samsung...
Nature abhors a vacuum... and so does technology.
My Note 4 will last long enough for someone to give me an alternative... a real alternative.
Maybe that someone will be Samsung, bringing back removable batteries and microsd card slots in the Note 6.
Maybe it will be someone else...
So disappointed...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I can't believe they did it?
Samsung, really???
Wow, I hope your sales suffer enough to get your attention... You take away 2 of the most important things that make the phone great, and then wonder how that's going to go over?
There should be public shaming, firing, or worse for those who made those decisions.
Right now, you seem to think that since no one else has a phone that will currently compete, you can do what you want and the populace will adjust.
To a certain degree, you're probably right...
However, Samsung...
Nature abhors a vacuum... and so does technology.
My Note 4 will last long enough for someone to give me an alternative... a real alternative.
Maybe that someone will be Samsung, bringing back removable batteries and microsd card slots in the Note 6.
Maybe it will be someone else...
So disappointed...

Those were two of the most important features? More important than the screen, camera, all day battery life, spen, processor, materials, etc? That's not good. That means someone could make the worst phone ever, stick these two features in and that automatically would trump better phones that have one or zero of those features? Not hardly?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Those were two of the most important features? More important than the screen, camera, all day battery life, spen, processor, materials, etc? That's not good. That means someone could make the worst phone ever, stick these two features in and that automatically would trump better phones that have one or zero of those features? Not hardly?

No, that means that these along with the others are the most important things about the phone that people loved ,not the only 2 things. Nice try though. ..

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site

No, that means that these along with the others are the most important things about the phone that people loved ,not the only 2 things. Nice try though. ..

Actually he did say 2 most important things verbatim, and he was the one the response was directed at (as indicated by the quote tags)

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I'd argue that these two are among the least important in the US market, even behind UI "skins" and accessory availability. And it seems like Samsung agrees?

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

jim2112

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The battery will be replaceable. You don't have to throw the phone away if anything ever does go wrong with it. Any repair shop will be able to swap it out for you in probably 20 minutes. Drop it off. Get some lunch and bam...a new battery. No. Not quite as fast as user replaceable. But not the end of the phone
I dropped a phone off for a simple screen replacement for a friend. I read online where house wives who never touched a screwdriver were saying they had no problem doing it, so I thought a tech should be able to do it no problem. I didn't back anything up for her, because "anyone should be able to do it". They damaged it disassembling it and it never came on again. The data on the removable chip was ok, but I did not back up other things that were on the on board memory because I thought it was a simple process. The only reason I didn't do it myself was because I felt someone who did them daily would be less likely to mess it up, and I could not be blamed by the owner. If you do drop one off for a simple procedure, back things up somewhere, just in case.

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes the animals run the zoo. It usually takes a long painful time before order gets restored. If Ever.
- Signed; Palm, BB, Nokia

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

What about in a year when one of the cells go bad and the bloated battery cracks your case back, and your phone doesn't work, and you can't change the battery out? Options are new phone at full price, refurb phone, or no phone.

I use my Note 3 for business and I'm waiting for my Note 4 to arrive. These were some of my considerations before deciding to pass on the Note 5. After seeing the the drop test results for the glass back, I am glad I passed on it.
And the back of the note 4 could pop off, hit you in the eye and make you blind. Then what are you going to do?

I've honestly never worried about that with a phone ever. If that happens then it's just really crap luck. And really rare. Yes it can happen I suppose. Maybe my luck with go the other way and I'll win the lottery. Then I won't give a damn.
Sometimes the animals run the zoo. It usually takes a long painful time before order gets restored. If Ever.
- Signed; Palm, BB, Nokia

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Better screen and better processor = poor battery life
Definitely not the case here. The resolution stayed the same but Samsung improved the power consumption on the panels. And the processor has more cores, but is a lot more efficient than the 805 it had before, since it not only has low power cores now, but is also on a smaller process. The battery will definitely be as good or better than the Note 4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
So far according to the AC poll (OF ANDROID FANATICAL NERDS THAT READ ANDROID CENTRAL) Camera, Premium Build & Materials, Battery Life and Screen are by far and away the most important factors (in that order). Removable stuff fell in behind the screen. This seems to indicate that most android nerds, even the most diehard of googlites, would prefer an iphone over a giant piece of junk with an sd card slot.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I actually do like my G4 but I have always wanted to try stock android so .. I figure why not go for it? :D.
I hear ya. I love some of the additions of skins, but man its tough to beat a stock phone. Android looks so good these days. I have a G4 I haven't even tried yet. Debating on selling it or using it until I see the Nexus phones. Those are going to make up my mind on what to use until spring.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

Wow, that's an impressive list.

Just off the top of my head, here's a partial list of smartphone I've purchased over the years. I still have all of them in my home right now. (please don't call me a phone hoarder... then again, maybe I am one? :( )

Verizon Samsung Fascinate
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Verizon Samsung Droid Charge
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Verizon HTC Rezound
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
Verizon Apple iPhone 5C (yes, I know, I know... it's a bloody iPhone)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Verizon Moto G Prepaid (4 of them, only because they were all free after rebate)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.4

As far as Samsung phones are concerned, the Note 4 is my very last one. Until they put SD card slot and removable battery back...(which is highly unlikely) I bought and returned the S6 and S6 Edge. Could not live without SD cards or removable batteries, no matter how hard I tried.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The first note I won't buy? (all discussion about lack of microSD and removab...

Hah! I used the "ultimate" entertainment device: The NGage. Taco calling was cool. Still have it to marvel at the advancements since then, plus I am sentimental. Kept G1 too :)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Just off the top of my head, here's a partial list of smartphone I've purchased over the years. I still have all of them in my home right now. (please don't call me a phone hoarder... then again, maybe I am one? :( )

Verizon Samsung Fascinate
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3
Verizon Samsung Droid Charge
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Verizon HTC Rezound
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
Verizon Apple iPhone 5C (yes, I know, I know... it's a bloody iPhone)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4
Verizon Moto G Prepaid (4 of them, only because they were all free after rebate)
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.4

As far as Samsung phones are concerned, the Note 4 is my very last one. Until they put SD card slot and removable battery back...(which is highly unlikely) I bought and returned the S6 and S6 Edge. Could not live without SD cards or removable batteries, no matter how hard I tried.

Wow. You really were a loyal Samsung customer.

I actually have a phone with no removable battery and no SD card slot (HTC One M7). This was pretty much my experience.

Attachments

• 1439953965743.jpg
    1439953965743.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 24

Aaron Crowley

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This isn't the first Note I won't buy, so maybe my opinion doesn't count as much as some of yours. But I have been an "every 2 years" upgrade since my first crappy cell phone I college 15 or so years ago. But this year my 2 years was up right as the galaxy s6 was coming out. And I hated the fact I was losing my removable battery, it's literally my favorite feature on my old s4. So I almost just got the note 4, I liked the larger size anyways. But upgrading every 2 years, I like to get the absolute state of the art, not a 6 month old phone. With the rate of improvements in phones these days, it does make a difference.

So I decided to wait for the Note 5, even if they changed this to take away removable battery at least I would have the newer better phone. So I waited, and now here I am. The new phone is basically the same specs as the s6 anyways. There isn't much improved over the note 4 anyways, they made the case smaller but same size screen. Except there isn't a removable battery, and the one they did shove in there and seal shut behind it is actually smaller.

I know they're not making phones for me, but it seems like they are 100% focusing on the customers they're never gonna get away from apple anyways and completely ignoring the people who would actually be buying their phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz