03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    ������

No it doesn't downgrade choices. I know people that have charging cases and only out them on when their battery is low and/or they know they are away from being able to charge.

As far as having everything on your phone that you might think about listening to or watching. It is beyond first world problems.
    The first comment here is the equivalent of the external battery pack argument we've seen made many times. As many of us have pointed out, it's hardly the same solution as a tiny little battery replacement that gets you to 100% in 75 seconds. The second references one example of many that have appeared in these threads from dozens of posters.

Clearly, neither resonates with you in the context of your usage patterns, which is fine and hardly unusual. But that's not the same as saying it is trivial to everyone. The flexibility is valuable to me and these will remain deal-breaker issues for as long as I have a choice. I at no time pledged to honor, obey and love Samsung until death do us part.

P.s. The speculation on whether Samsung is alienating its core is hardly just limited to a handful of posters in this forum. It includes professional commentators and comments sections there, too.
    08-22-2015 02:42 PM
    For those that had been on the fence for getting a new Note because of these two missing features Have changed their mind after trying one. They have been posting in the Note 5 thread about how wrong they were to judge this phone. I remember I was on the fence about it because I didn't think I could deal without an SD card. 8 days later, I'm pretty happy. I have a wireless flash drive that I can turn on to get my music, videos and documents instantly transferred to my phone.
    08-22-2015 02:45 PM
    Yawn..... Are we still discussing this? I think it's time to move on and find another phone to complain about people.
    08-22-2015 02:47 PM
    Yawn..... Are we still discussing this? I think it's time to move on and find another phone to complain about people.
    As new people enter the debate and say the same thing someone said 3 threads and 500 posts ago, and I find myself repeating the same rebuttal points, this thought occurred to me as well. (Several times) I just can't resist.....

Help me. Is there a 12 step program?
    L_E_O likes this.
    08-22-2015 02:51 PM
    The first comment here is the equivalent of the external battery pack argument we've seen made many times. As many of us have pointed out, it's hardly the same solution as a tiny little battery replacement that gets you to 100% in 75 seconds. The second references one example of many that have appeared in these threads from dozens of posters.

Clearly, neither resonates with you in the context of your usage patterns, which is fine and hardly unusual. But that's not the same as saying it is trivial to everyone. The flexibility is valuable to me and these will remain deal-breaker issues for as long as I have a choice. I at no time pledged to honor, obey and love Samsung until death do us part.

P.s. The speculation on whether Samsung is alienating its core is hardly just limited to a handful of posters in this forum. It includes professional commentators and comments sections there, too.
    Yeah it does resonate with me. I have actually been in the worst tornadoes in history and without power for 3 weeks.

I have never, even during pulling bodies and victims out from rubble, not been able to plug my phone into an external battery or my car.

I just can't even with these threads anymore. I don't know anyone, even people that save lives, that can't stick their phone on an external charger of some kind, for a few minutes.
    08-22-2015 02:52 PM
    As new people enter the debate and say the same thing someone said 3 threads and 500 posts ago, and I find myself repeating the same rebuttal points, this thought occurred to me as well. (Several times) I just can't resist.....

Lol. On this, we agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 02:54 PM
    I use my phone to death, 9-12 hours a day SOT time is not unusual. Many times I am stuck in a place where there is no plug for my charger.
    A895 likes this.
    08-22-2015 02:56 PM

We need a mod to just close the thread.
    08-22-2015 03:00 PM
    Pretty much every phone ever to Note 4 to LG G4 to Note 5 - I had two G4's and both had issues..screen problems their updates didn't correct.. Full disclosure: My wife has a G4 and it's not missing a beat, works great and its awesome to see a 2015 beast with a SD card and removable battery, but my patience ran out. So far all I can say as someone who loudly proclaimed the Note 4 as the baddest phone available is this - The Note 5 is the Note 4 on meth. This thing is quick. So far no complaints.
    8100User, Deliximus and athenatp like this.
    08-22-2015 04:17 PM
    I agree.
    08-22-2015 04:34 PM
    I work as a Technician for Sprint and I work on 25-30 phones a day and have done this for about 10 years. I can't even begin to tell you how many customers I have had come in mad that we can't replace there defective battery after the first year. I have done some research and according to all the major companies the battery is covered for the first year and then your required to purchase a new one. Now with a phone with a built in battery we replace the phone if they are having battery issues. I preferrer having a built in battery for this reason and the majority of Samsung battery's I would find to be defective and swollen. So your someone who likes to carry around a bunch of battery's will the battery technology is getting better to where you don't need too. The solution to someone who needs a extra battery is to buy one of those external battery chargers and carry that around, they range in size so you can pick up a credit card sized on to a huge brick.

On to the memory card, I understand the need to expand storage as you movie along in life but the major issue I find with the memory cards is they have a huge habit of failing and even causing a phone to freeze and slow down. Now all my comments are from me working on again 25-30 phones a day for a long time and I have seen all these issues and a lot. I had more situations then I can count where the memory card failed and now the customer lost everything these were everything from generic memory cards to the big brand names so no one is excluded here. I have also seen where a phone kept freezing up and then when I took the memory card out it was now smooth as butter. I have also seen the memory card to be the cause of some phones overheating the phone and I have actually been burned by trying to take a memory card out that melted the plastic behind it. With internal memory it operates faster and has a lower failure rate. My suggestion here is to buy a bigger size phone if you can afford it and if you can't then upload everything to online storage and keep on moving.

It is my opinion but working on so many phones a day for so long I have gained an extensive knowledge of the issues with phones and I think the removable battery and storage are overrated and this is just my opinion.
    09-04-2015 11:12 AM
    You think Samsung will bring back the SD card slot with the Note 6 or future phones?

I think they will in the form of a tray like on the new Tab S2.
    11-08-2015 05:27 PM
    They may make 64gb the base

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-08-2015 05:28 PM
    I would definitely bet that Samsung brings back the memory card access back in their 2016 line of phones.

Samsung took a big dive in stock value and just regular reputation this year, and they'd be smart to take it seriously. Motorola took away memory card access a few years ago, now they're bringing them back to their on their new phones. So if Motorola can do it, you know Samsung will have to bring it back.

LG still listens to what people what, they still have the removable battery and SD card support.
    11-08-2015 08:08 PM
    it's up to them but whoever decided against a removable battery and sd card slot needs to be held accountable. Samsung tried to be something they aren't this year it thankfully cost them big time.

They have to correct a lot of stuff with the upcoming phones next year and hopefully use a SD 820.

I hope LG finally adds a physical home, back and recent apps button plus a stronger cpu.

But we will see I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung doesn't go back and introduces some more useless health and smartphone pay stuff
    11-08-2015 08:42 PM
    I thought i just read Samsung reporting big gains for this year's models. I don't understand these comments?

kj11 likes this.
    11-08-2015 09:13 PM
    There is a reason the Note 5 performs as it does. Samsung said phones with sealed batteries and no SD card perform much better. Seems that is true.
    trucky likes this.
    11-08-2015 09:49 PM
    There is a reason the Note 5 performs as it does. Samsung said phones with sealed batteries and no SD card perform much better. Seems that is true.
    Ya right. Like making a battery non-removable has anything to do performance.

Also, seems like other phone makers are able to keep in the SD card slot and still main performance.

Face it, Samsung got caught with their pants down, and now they have to repair the damage.
    11-08-2015 09:55 PM
    I think, Note 5, S6, and Edge are the best phone Samsung ever made. I don't miss removable battery and SD slot at all. I only hope Samsung would provide bug fix, security update and Android version update sooner. That is what I care more.
    11-08-2015 10:03 PM
    Doubtful.
    11-08-2015 11:56 PM
    Yeah, their sales numbers are up with the note 5 and s6 edge plus, so I don't see where you guys think they screwed up lol

11-09-2015 12:21 AM
    Agree with this. No way they bring it back.
    plumcrazy likes this.
    11-09-2015 12:23 AM
    moving to Samsung from iPhone I am happy about the USB OTG functionality.. not exactly difficult to plug in a USB disk when you need it..
    11-09-2015 04:23 AM
    It's doubtful. . I honestly don't mind..

11-09-2015 04:52 AM
    Ya right. Like making a battery non-removable has anything to do performance.

Also, seems like other phone makers are able to keep in the SD card slot and still main performance.

Face it, Samsung got caught with their pants down, and now they have to repair the damage.
    Actually it does have something to do with performance. Seems phones with sealed batteries have a lot less issues and problems.
    11-09-2015 05:23 AM
719 ... 2021222324 ...