03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Also Samsung is planning on opening more walk in service areas in the US, that have them around the world. I think that I'd an indication they won't be going back to removable batteries.
    11-09-2015 05:31 AM
    i dont miss it at all. an the stock did tank around may 1st but its definitely on the way back UP and about 10% off from where it was IIRC
    11-09-2015 05:34 AM
    Yeah, their sales numbers are up with the note 5 and s6 edge plus, so I don't see where you guys think they screwed up lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    They screwed up by taking the rf blaster off, and they should have made the 64 available for purchase on release date

11-09-2015 07:19 AM
    I used my remote on my Note 4, maybe twice. It was more convenient to pick up the remote and press one button.

I've not missed the IR blaster once. I like having things on my SD card, especially pictures, ring tones and memes. I just had to organize that stuff on the cloud and I don't download one to my phone until I want it. Funny.. I have a lot less junk on my phone than I did on my SD card..
    11-09-2015 07:24 AM
    There's been several articles stating the Galaxy s7 coming out early next year will have SD card slot. Thats good news for some but id rather have a 128gb model personally.... After this last tmobile update for s6e plus and note 5 I don't miss the removable battery nearly as much before. It gets me through a whole day at work now then I just plug into my car fast charger on way home from work and I'm good the rest of the night.

11-09-2015 07:39 AM
    They are guessing about the SD card for the S7. The S7 isn't even a confirmed phone yet. There have been filings for 3 variants, one with a possible SD card.

There were the same rumors about the Note 5 just weeks before it was revealed.
    11-09-2015 07:44 AM
    Well I know they are obviously rumors or best guesses but it's better than hearing they definitely won't have them for the people that want them. Like I said I'd prefer the 128gb on board storage option personally. We will just have to wait and see.

11-09-2015 08:07 AM
    Actually it does have something to do with performance. Seems phones with sealed batteries have a lot less issues and problems.
    Supply us proof of this where is this comming from
    11-09-2015 08:10 AM
    I doubt there is proof. That's one of the craziest things I ever heard. A battery just provides power to your phone.

And to every one else who keeps saying they want a 126gb version. If there was an SD card slot, it wouldn't matter because you can put whichever sized card in there you want.
    11-09-2015 08:34 AM
    I doubt there is proof. That's one of the craziest things I ever heard. A battery just provides power to your phone.

And to every one else who keeps saying they want a 126gb version. If there was an SD card slot, it wouldn't matter because you can put whichever sized card in there you want.
    This is the same user telling everyone that all Verizon smartphone have high WiFi and system battery drain problems just got the turbo 2 and have yet to see any of these issues I think he needs to get his facts straight or supply proof of his comments
    11-09-2015 08:39 AM

SD cards are slow and choke on large amounts of data and files. The 128gb on board storage is the faster option. That's why I'd prefer it over SD storage.

As far as whoever is saying that a sealed battery is better because an unsealed battery for whatever reasons I've never heard any of that before and would like to see proof as well.

11-09-2015 08:40 AM
    SD cards are slow and choke on large amounts of data and files. The 128gb on board storage is the faster option. That's why I'd prefer it over SD storage.

As far as whoever is saying that a sealed battery is better because an unsealed battery for whatever reasons I've never heard any of that before and would like to see proof as well.

I have heard that a class 10 sd card is the way to go that will not slow the phone down, but yes the internal storage is the way to go for apps anyway, but for those who like to carry music video or photos an sd card is still a cheaper alternative to paying up for more internal storage when buying the phone.
    11-09-2015 08:47 AM
    I'm sorry.. What is it exactly you are demanding of me?
    11-09-2015 09:11 AM
    I'm sorry.. What is it exactly you are demanding of me?
    That a removable battery slows the phone down and causes problems that a non removable battery does not
    11-09-2015 09:12 AM

Actually it isn't crazy. Maybe you should talk some of the phone manufacturers about this and research a bit. Sealed battery means sealed internals.
    11-09-2015 09:14 AM
    Actually it isn't crazy. Maybe you should talk some of the phone manufacturers about this and research a bit. Sealed battery means sealed internals.
    Still have not supplied proof not anything have hard cold facts just an opinion if you ask me
    Sammuel1973 and monsieurms like this.
    11-09-2015 09:25 AM
    Still have not supplied proof not anything have hard cold facts just an opinion if you ask me
    You won't get anything from me by demanding it nor by insulting me.

So my conversation with you on this subject, is done. I hope that is clear.
    11-09-2015 09:29 AM
    You won't get anything from me by demanding it nor by insulting me.

So my conversation with you on this subject, is done. I hope that is clear.
    I am in no way insulting you where did that come from you do not know what you are talking about and offering stuff up about something you know nothing about by duking my question it proofs that
    Sammuel1973 and CehowardNote7 like this.
    11-09-2015 09:32 AM
    I have heard that a class 10 sd card is the way to go that will not slow the phone down, but yes the internal storage is the way to go for apps anyway, but for those who like to carry music video or photos an sd card is still a cheaper alternative to paying up for more internal storage when buying the phone.
    SD cards have a history of having short lives and once is starts to go bad it kills battery life and performance. I have had good luck with them, only having one go bad. With free storage in clouds and other online services, there is no need to store music, photos, and videos on your phone any longer.
    11-09-2015 09:34 AM
    SD cards have a history of having short lives and once is starts to go bad it kills battery life and performance. I have had good luck with them, only having one go bad. With free storage in clouds and other online services, there is no need to store music, photos, and videos on your phone any longer.
    I've never had one go bad, even held on to some for years through many phones. BUT.. I've seen major issues from others when their card goes bad.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:38 AM
    In a sense true but for these to work you need internet access where there is a good amount of free hotspots there are times where you either have to pay for WiFi or suck up capped cell data to run music or view pictures as for video full length movies would eat up any free cloud storage space and streaming them you would need fairly fast reliable free internet
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:40 AM
    I've never had one go bad, even held on to some for years through many phones. BUT.. I've seen major issues from others when their card goes bad.
    I am all for them myself. The only real downfall for me was if I didn't have them backed up somewhere and they went bad, all my photos were lost. Only happened once but man it did suck. I am also fine with clouds that give unlimited storage and apps like amazon prime music or google play. If I am worried about data it is easy to download what I want while on wifi and then delete it from my phone when done and it stays online for me to pick and choose. Best of both worlds really.
    11-09-2015 09:49 AM
    In a sense true but for these to work you need internet access where there is a good amount of free hotspots there are times where you either have to pay for WiFi or suck up capped cell data to run music or view pictures as for video full length movies would eat up any free cloud storage space and streaming them you would need fairly fast reliable free internet
    They also make sd card adapters that are small enough to not be in the way and plug right into the bottom of your phone. VERY handy and doesn't take up room on your phone.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:51 AM
    They also make sd card adapters that are small enough to not be in the way and plug right into the bottom of your phone. VERY handy and doesn't take up room on your phone.
    Yes I have actually used what is called OTG cable that allows you to hook up thumb drives and external hard drives but it would interfere with charging if I want to view something that is battery intense like a movie while charging
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-09-2015 09:54 AM
    There is a long and verifiable history of issues with MicroSD cards in phones... It's slow, it won't format, it's corrupt, I've lost all my pictures, etc. etc.

The internal memory is a superior and much faster alternative to the SD memory.

I've got a 64MB N5 and have about half that free with everything I want loaded. I thought I'd miss the SD like everyone else but I don't.
    11-09-2015 10:22 AM
719 ... 2122232425 ...