03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Note 6, SD Card slot & removable battery?
    11-24-2015 05:25 PM
    Note 6, SD Card slot & removable battery?
    I wouldn't bet on it happening. If it happens, then Samsung would have to admit that it was wrong. Not an easy thing to do, for someone who's trying to be number 1.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    11-24-2015 09:20 PM
    With no sd card Samsung makes more $ on higher memory models, makes google happy, makes providers happy, save $ in manufacturing, still top selling Android phones. I would love to see sd card come back but financially it makes no sense.
    11-25-2015 05:08 PM
    With no sd card Samsung makes more $ on higher memory models, makes google happy, makes providers happy, save $ in manufacturing, still top selling Android phones. I would love to see sd card come back but financially it makes no sense.
    Hmmm, does that mean Samsung took 5 or so years from their original Galaxy S to finally realize this? Didn't Samsung sell a ton of phones especially on their S3 and S4, both actually had sd card and swappable battery?
    11-25-2015 05:32 PM
    Hmmm, does that mean Samsung took 5 or so years from their original Galaxy S to finally realize this? Didn't Samsung sell a ton of phones especially on their S3 and S4, both actually had sd card and swappable battery?
    Are you suggesting a correlation between those two features and the sales of prior years or just noticing a coincidental proximity?
    11-25-2015 06:27 PM
    Are you suggesting a correlation between those two features and the sales of prior years or just noticing a coincidental proximity?

I believe that their sales dropped to zero, on Alderaan.
    11-25-2015 06:57 PM
    In those days Google actively backed the sd card option. Unlimited data was common so no reason to push the cloud on consumers. Now Google and all the providers make money if you have to store in the cloud. Nexus no longer supports sd card so new and veteran android users willing tonaccept the change.

If note 5 and gs6 were a bust we might have hope. They were not.
    grunt0300 likes this.
    11-25-2015 07:24 PM
    I have 4 criteria for a phone, 3 mandatory, 1 I'd really like, but could do without if the phone was really impressive.

1. SD card slot. (I don't want to have to carry an OTG adapter around all the time, and if the phone hard-bricks, it can be booted from the card.)

2. Replaceable battery. I'm not spending 20 minutes replacing a $40 battery, when I could take 60 seconds replacing a $10 battery.

3. An Otterbox Defender case for the phone. (After what mine has taken with an Otterbox on it, I won't use a phone without one, except maybe a Lifeproof case - I've never owned one, but they look to be about as good as the Otterbox - and water resistant.)

4. An S-Pen, but I could live without one.

I'd also like to see what Project Ara is coming up with. Being able to replace the CPU, RAM and internal storage, the way we do with desktops, would be nice.
    Carrtman and clevin like this.
    11-25-2015 10:42 PM
    I have 4 criteria for a phone, 3 mandatory, 1 I'd really like, but could do without if the phone was really impressive.

1. SD card slot. (I don't want to have to carry an OTG adapter around all the time, and if the phone hard-bricks, it can be booted from the card.)

2. Replaceable battery. I'm not spending 20 minutes replacing a $40 battery, when I could take 60 seconds replacing a $10 battery.

3. An Otterbox Defender case for the phone. (After what mine has taken with an Otterbox on it, I won't use a phone without one, except maybe a Lifeproof case - I've never owned one, but they look to be about as good as the Otterbox - and water resistant.)

I'd also like to see what Project Ara is coming up with. Being able to replace the CPU, RAM and internal storage, the way we do with desktops, would be nice.
    You have two 1's on your list? Maybe 1A is not in your 4 must haves, and 1B is? I think that's what I'm getting...

Do you currently have a Note 4? Seems like it would fit the bill for you.
    11-26-2015 02:06 AM
    True that overused
    11-27-2015 12:13 AM

absolutely nailed it

mandatory no discussion for me:
    1. SD card slot not interested in otg, external drives for my phone. I need the convenience of just putting sd card in and all my files are there

2. removable battery, it improves everything be it usage, diy repairs and if course the life span of my device

3. gorgeous screen no brainer.If I'm looking at my phone a lot I want a crystal clear display

4. physical home, back and recent apps buttons why isn't Samsung getting Rid of the capacitive ones and replacing them with real ones like the Active series has

I really hope project Ara takes of it would be so cool to build my own phone and upgrade stuff like cpu, ram a customizers dream
    11-28-2015 11:45 AM
    11-29-2015 10:05 AM
    I loved my Note 2, 3, and Edge. But my Edge was a little slow and it started having problems. AT&T was offering me a 32Gb Note 5 as a replacement, but I had tons of stuff on a 128 Gb micro SD card. So I bailed to T-mobile and reluctantly got Note 5 64Gb. It's nice and it's fast, but I sure miss the extra space and the replaceable battery! I have 36 Gb of photos (my pro portfolio) and 32 Gb of music, and a bunch of movies.

Come on Samsung, give us back what you've taken away, or you're going to lose us...
    Sammuel1973 and grunt0300 like this.
    11-29-2015 08:36 PM
    I loved my Note 2, 3, and Edge. But my Edge was a little slow and it started having problems. AT&T was offering me a 32Gb Note 5 as a replacement, but I had tons of stuff on a 128 Gb micro SD card. So I bailed to T-mobile and reluctantly got Note 5 64Gb. It's nice and it's fast, but I sure miss the extra space and the replaceable battery! I have 36 Gb of photos (my pro portfolio) and 32 Gb of music, and a bunch of movies.

Come on Samsung, give us back what you've taken away, or you're going to lose us...
    If you need your pro portfolio available at all times and do not wish to go with a cloud option you really should go with a brand offering a sd card option or switch to 128 gb GS6?
    11-30-2015 11:48 AM

Thats why I still have my 26-month-old note 3, and it still beats Note 5 IMO.

When my note 3 dies (who knows when), I will scan the market. I don't mind leaving note line of product, but I do hope to continue with a superAMOLED screen.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    12-02-2015 05:40 AM
    I have the Note 5 and it comes with a 130gb one drive cloud storage for 2 years. So I just put everything on there so it doesn't take up memory. With battery life I can easy last 1.5 days when normal usage like texting, Web search, and calling.
    12-02-2015 05:34 PM
    Thats why I still have my 26-month-old note 3, and it still beats Note 5 IMO.

When my note 3 dies (who knows when), I will scan the market. I don't mind leaving note line of product, but I do hope to continue with a superAMOLED screen.
    As someone who has had both the Note 3 and Note 5, I can tell you that the Note 5 is infinitely better.
    Aquila, Ry, debdroid1a and 1 others like this.
    12-02-2015 06:25 PM
    As someone who has had both the Note 3 and Note 5, I can tell you that the Note 5 is infinitely better.
    I have no doubt thats what you think.

And please don't assume I haven't played with note 5. Let's just say we have different priorities when evaluating a phone.
    Aquila and CehowardNote7 like this.
    12-03-2015 05:20 AM
    I have no doubt thats what you think.

And please don't assume I haven't played with note 5. Let's just say we have different priorities when evaluating a phone.
    Buy what you like, love what you bought.
    trucky, clevin, Almeuit and 1 others like this.
    12-03-2015 06:56 AM
    I have the Note 5 and it comes with a 130gb one drive cloud storage for 2 years. So I just put everything on there so it doesn't take up memory. With battery life I can easy last 1.5 days when normal usage like texting, Web search, and calling.
    When 2 years is up and you use up 100 gb on One Drive won't it cost you a fortune to keep it?
    12-03-2015 09:37 AM
    When 2 years is up and you use up 100 gb on One Drive won't it cost you a fortune to keep it?

I have Google Drive. 100gbs., and i pay $1.99 per month. No problema.
    Aquila likes this.
    12-03-2015 09:50 AM
    I have Google Drive. 100gbs., and i pay $1.99 per month. No problema.
    He meant for the OneDrive (Microsoft) offer -- Once the "free" part expires I believe it is expensive which could be an issue since someone would have to move all their stuff after 2 years if they wanted to use something like Google Drive versus OneDrive.
    recDNA likes this.
    12-03-2015 10:06 AM
    He meant for the OneDrive (Microsoft) offer -- Once the "free" part expires I believe it is expensive which could be an issue since someone would have to move all their stuff after 2 years if they wanted to use something like Google Drive versus OneDrive.

OK, gotcha.
    12-03-2015 10:17 AM
    I usually switch my phone out every 2 years so it's not a problem for me. Also people are most going to put pictures on there so you have 10gb on Google Drive or one drive just for pictures which can easily fit over 1000 pictures.
    12-03-2015 09:43 PM
    PSA
    No matter how big your storage is, internal or external, back up photos automatically. We're seeing a lot of posts from people with lost or damaged devices that have no backup.
    Almeuit, Carrtman, LeoRex and 3 others like this.
    12-04-2015 06:47 AM
719 ... 2324252627 ...