03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    do not buy this if you use the 3 dot overflow menu in older apps

buy an HTC M8 or Nexus which still have access to the overflow menu
    12-04-2015 01:54 PM
    Any word yet on a case with a Micro SD slot?
    12-12-2015 11:19 AM
    One drive gives you 100+ GB of cloud storage for the Note5
    12-12-2015 06:16 PM
    As someone who has had both the Note 3 and Note 5, I can tell you that the Note 5 is infinitely better.
    I second that. The added features and speed is like night and day.
    kj11 likes this.
    12-16-2015 01:20 PM
    I just took back my note 5 and was able to have them replace it with a Note 4. I hated my short experience with NOTE 5. It has me realizing that I may not be a Samsung customer for long. No SD card, No battery replacement, interace lacking with google apps. Samsung better get their act together or they will loose many in the upcoming days.
    monsieurms likes this.
    12-22-2015 11:58 AM
    I just took back my note 5 and was able to have them replace it with a Note 4. I hated my short experience with NOTE 5. It has me realizing that I may not be a Samsung customer for long. No SD card, No battery replacement, interace lacking with google apps. Samsung better get their act together or they will loose many in the upcoming days.
    great choice device is still flying. Personally I'd never get a phone without those 2 features. Also I love the physical home button pressing it to accept a call is so much better than having to swipe

Personally I'm already thinking about LG as the next phone but for right now the note 4 is everything and more I need it to be. And thanks to the SD and xda mine will soon run a blazing fast marsh mallow
    12-22-2015 02:11 PM
    PSA
    No matter how big your storage is, internal or external, back up photos automatically. We're seeing a lot of posts from people with lost or damaged devices that have no backup.
    Word.

I was using Facebook, which is simple and free.

But I've migrated now to Copy.com which has a nice backup feature in new releases specifically for video/photo folders. 15gb to start. You just tell it what folders to watch. They are automatically uploaded and sync'ed to the cloud. It is working well and it is easier to manage bulk downloads than with Facebook's picture upload.
    12-24-2015 07:03 AM
    Which is worse?

(1) Samsung not putting MicroSD card slot in the Note 5 (and also the S6)

(2) Samsung bringing back the MicroSD card slot in the Galaxy S7 that will be released in 3 months (and possibly the Note 6)
    12-24-2015 05:32 PM
    Which is worse?

(1) Samsung not putting MicroSD card slot in the Note 5 (and also the S6)

(2) Samsung bringing back the MicroSD card slot in the Galaxy S7 that will be released in 3 months (and possibly the Note 6)
    Bringing it back would be much worse. That's regression, not something a tech company wants to become known for. It'd be worse than releasing a 2016 phone with the Snapdragon 600.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    12-24-2015 07:57 PM
    Bringing it back would be much worse. That's regression, not something a tech company wants to become known for. It'd be worse than releasing a 2016 phone with the Snapdragon 600.
    Lots of companies have made bad decisions over the decades and fixed them, in and out of the tech field. Admitting a mistake and fixing it is not regression. It is what people do to get back on track without letting their ego get in the way.
    12-25-2015 07:28 AM
    Lots of companies have made bad decisions over the decades and fixed them, in and out of the tech field. Admitting a mistake and fixing it is not regression. It is what people do to get back on track without letting their ego get in the way.
    I guess I don't see it as a mistake, so that'd change the perspective. To me bringing them back would be the mistake. So ego aside, they finally started getting on track and need to avoid reverting as that would be falling back off track.

I believe Samsung finally overcame two of its backwards areas of opportunity and now they can keep moving forward to fix the software and continue to refine the physical design.
    debdroid1a and kj11 like this.
    12-25-2015 07:48 AM
    I'll keep it brief. I was pissed at Samsung and wanted to be part of the boycott. Still am unhappy about the battery issue as I rotated 3 to 4 batteries every 24 hours. And all my junk to mirror to the TV became useless w/the 5 (though I kept my Note 4 for this purpose).

But the slimmed down phone body and lack of lag ultimately made the switch to the 5 more than worthwhile.

Still pissed about the internal battery though.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    12-27-2015 01:54 AM
    The smaller battery is not weak. The lack of sd card is not an issue. I have had my note 4 slow to a crawl because of the stupid sd card. Seems the feature is just a handicap to our device. A fully loaded sd card is extremely slow. There is no need for it today. I buy a new hdd and get more free space. Oh and really don't go there with it ain't safe to use the cloud. You bought a cell phone didn't you? Guess what if it's on your phone the data is already in the hands of the spies.
    kj11 and linkiik121 like this.
    12-30-2015 08:09 PM
    This DashMicro working out pretty well for me, easy to plug in and play my media (only issue is that it gets hot for a bit). Battery has been phenomenal on my Note 5. Only real beef I have with Samsung is that they got rid of MHL but got a Miracast dongle which has been decent on road (have Nexus player with OTG at home so can plug DashMicro with USB adapter into OTG USB).
    12-31-2015 12:59 AM
    The smaller battery is not weak. The lack of sd card is not an issue. I have had my note 4 slow to a crawl because of the stupid sd card. Seems the feature is just a handicap to our device. A fully loaded sd card is extremely slow. There is no need for it today. I buy a new hdd and get more free space. Oh and really don't go there with it ain't safe to use the cloud. You bought a cell phone didn't you? Guess what if it's on your phone the data is already in the hands of the spies.
    You'll have to explain to me what you mean by "slow to a crawl". A full EXTERNAL SD CARD does not have any effect on the speed of the phone, unless all the apps on that ext sd card are open and running. End of story.
    12-31-2015 08:52 AM
    I mean the internal sd card. It does slow the phone. I have a note 4 that I loaded a 128Gb card in and it takes forever to view pics on and anything is slow to load with it. I moved to a 32Gb to help with that, but it still slows the device down.
    01-01-2016 11:00 AM
    i have no problem with the battery life, for the storage i have to use a otg usb pendrive.
    01-01-2016 10:51 PM
    I understand the hesitation to abandon SD card slots and removable batteries because I had the same doubts, but I upgraded to the note 5, & it's honestly not bad at all. I really enjoy the phone. The battery life is top notch on its own, so fast charging is an added bonus, and as for space, I'm coming from a 16gb s4, so the note 5 is a mansion on a lake compared to what I had--no complaints from me. The note line in itself is something that I've always wanted to try after admiring from a distance for so long, & I'm not disappointed with my decision. I've already used scroll capture & other features more times than I thought I would. I think it's worth a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Android Central
    01-04-2016 07:42 PM
    Because the new 2015 Samsung's dropped the removable battery and micro sd support, I was thinking of not getting a Samsung this time around! Plus many reviews comparing the Note 5 / Note 4 such as this one:
    http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...ones/9462,8577
    was not showing a clear difference between the two. The Note 4 clearly holds it's own. Plus three, yes 3 of the major phone providers in Tacoma, WA, the manager's were still using the Note 4. That says a lot!

However, I just saw online where the new Samsung Galaxy S7+ that is coming out in March will have the micro sd support.

Looks like Samsung listened this time around. There were a LOT of unhappy longtime Samsung owners like me that was going to jump ship and go for anther brand, because of no Micro SD support... in my case, I was going to get the LG v10. Still wish they would have a removable battery, but that isn't a deal killer, no micro SD was.

I still won't consider the current Note 5 / S6 line, but, instead of dropping Samsung and getting the LG v10 like I was going to do, I will wait until March to see what Samsung comes out with before deciding what to do.
    01-19-2016 04:04 PM
    I think you mean the S7... The S6+ still doesn't have SD Card support.

Also remember that, at this point, it's all rumors and 'leaks'. Until official confirmation is out, there's still no certainty that the devices exist, that they'll have the claimed features, or even that the speculated release date will be upheld.

That being said, it's also smart to wait, if you can, for the devices to be announced. Why? Any direct competitor will be forced (usually) to offer sales, bundles or lower prices when a behemoth like Samsung (or Apple, for that matter) comes up with new flagships. So even if you don't like the new Sammy stuff, it's likely you'd find better deals on other phones.
    01-19-2016 04:13 PM
    If there's no removable battery the device will have charge retention problems well before it's mechanical life span.

These products have matured. There is no great leap and bound requiring upgrades in two years. The battery thing is pure planned obsolescence.
    01-20-2016 05:20 AM
    If the S7 looks anything like that concept, I'll pass. It's not even "running" Touchwiz (yes, I actually like Touchwiz)
    01-20-2016 09:45 AM
    Looks like Samsung listened this time around.
    If Samsung listened properly they would have realized that a removable battery is far more important than SD card slot.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    01-20-2016 10:08 AM
    If they come out with a SD card. Its to my understanding that it will have to be a different kind.
    Samsung went with a Faster processor. The Old style SD card would only drag the phone down.
    They was gonna have to come out with some new kind of SD card and at the time of the S6 it wasn't cost effective to be able to make the newer style SD card from what they said.
    They did quit making the 16 gb phone and went with a 32 gb phone for the smallest size drive and they put more memory in the phone.
    you are gonna have to buy a phone with more storage room.
    And the battery on the S6 and Note 5 has a fast charging rate.
    From phone sales being down. Samsung has laid a lot of people off from what I have heard.
    Everybody keeps comparing Samsung to the Iphone.
    Seemed everybody was worried about the plastic back on the Samsung .
    And the metal sides on the iphone.
    So the things we liked in the Samsung , has gone to be more like a Iphone.
    Don't seem to of worked out for them or us does it.
    01-20-2016 10:19 AM
    If Samsung listened properly they would have realized that a removable battery is far more important than SD card slot.
    The LG v10 seems to have everything the Samsung has (and doesn't have, removable battery & SD card slot)
    I might go that route, but I'll have to sell my gear s smartwatch as it only works with Samsung.

I'll wait till March or even August to see what is out there and what Samsung shows up with. Meanwhile the Note 4 is just fine.
    onsoku likes this.
    01-20-2016 11:06 AM
719 ... 2425262728 ...