The first note I won't buy? (all discussion about lack of microSD and removable battery must go here)

Evobyte

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Are you gonna buy the Galaxy Note 5?

Yes I'm going to buy the note 5.. The s6 had a 2500mah battery and I managed 4+ screen on time every single time! Amazing for such a small battery it had!

SD card? Who uses SD cards these days? They slow phones down and its been proven in studies, not only that we have a thing called " the cloud " today. All these old people in this forum need it get used to it. If you lose your phone or it gets stolen, your [language removed] is gone forever! If you use the cloud that won't happen!

This thing charges as quickly as the s6 with a 2500mah battery! That's a huge step forward! It also had fast wireless charging, another step forward into the future!

I've had the nexus 6, droid turbo, I rooted both phones and they can't even keep up with the s6. Man does that camera launch quick as hell and it sure does turn on and off 10x faster than any other phone. I hear people saying Samsung should have updated to their new 7422 chip?? Why? No phone can even touch the s6 right now in speed.

Note 5 added an Extra gig of ram and that will have the camera, finger print scanner and everything working even faster.

So yes I will be getting it and all you old people who keep complaining about your SD card, get over it. Once someone steals your phone or you lose it, its gone forever.

Removable battery? We have an even faster qc 2.0 in the note 5... There is no need for a removable battery with this technology. Samsung is trying to craft a beautiful piece of hardware here. No need for some crappy plastic back piece. Htc one m9, s6, moto x, droid turbo, iphone.. None of these phones have a removable battery, I wonder why?? But you guys complaining about the removable battery know best right.

I keep hearing people say samsung copied apple lol? You apple fan boys need to get outta here. Apple has copied Samsung, Google and Android to get where they are today. Every damn year they mention something that we had for years and act like it's something new, so get your facts straight.

Last edited by a moderator:

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Yes I'm going to buy the note 5.. The s6 had a 2500mah battery and I managed 4+ screen on time every single time! Amazing for such a small battery it had!

SD card? Who uses SD cards these days? They slow phones down and its been proven in studies, not only that we have a thing called " the cloud " today. All these old people in this forum need it get used to it. If you lose your phone or it gets stolen, your [language removed] is gone forever! If you use the cloud that won't happen!

This thing charges as quickly as the s6 with a 2500mah battery! That's a huge step forward! It also had fast wireless charging, another step forward into the future!

I've had the nexus 6, droid turbo, I rooted both phones and they can't even keep up with the s6. Man does that camera launch quick as hell and it sure does turn on and off 10x faster than any other phone. I hear people saying Samsung should have updated to their new 7422 chip?? Why? No phone can even touch the s6 right now in speed.

Note 5 added an Extra gig of ram and that will have the camera, finger print scanner and everything working even faster.

So yes I will be getting it and all you old people who keep complaining about your SD card, get over it. Once someone steals your phone or you lose it, its gone forever.

Removable battery? We have an even faster qc 2.0 in the note 5... There is no need for a removable battery with this technology. Samsung is trying to craft a beautiful piece of hardware here. No need for some crappy plastic back piece. Htc one m9, s6, moto x, droid turbo, iphone.. None of these phones have a removable battery, I wonder why?? But you guys complaining about the removable battery know best right.

I keep hearing people say samsung copied apple lol? You apple fan boys need to get outta here. Apple has copied Samsung, Google and Android to get where they are today. Every damn year they mention something that we had for years and act like it's something new, so get your facts straight.

So many things wrong with this.

I am getting the N5 also, but those concerns expressed by the members about the lack of expandable storage are valid concerns - and your "cloud" answer just isn't an answer for many people. Lots of people have data concerns, lots of others want their media locally - even if you don't. The 32GB versions starts with 23 GB of storage before any apps, videos, or photos. It's a real concern for people, even if it's not for you .. The Note line drew many people SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF the removable battery and expandable storage. If that's not important to you, then good. It is important to lots of folks here and those are valid concerns. I can get by without those, though we'll see how the battery actually does.

Last edited by a moderator:

De Venton

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Excuses can be made all day for Samsung's new direction but it looks to me like they saw apples success and blindly think that if they copy the phones they too will succeed. They won't. For that to work you have to copy the company.

Posted via the Android Central App

Evobyte

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site

So many things wrong with this.

I am getting the N5 also, but those concerns expressed by the members about the lack of expandable storage are valid concerns - and your "cloud" answer just isn't an answer for many people. Lots of people have data concerns, lots of others want their media locally - even if you don't. The 32GB versions starts with 23 GB of storage before any apps, videos, or photos. It's a real concern for people, even if it's not for you .. The Note line drew many people SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE OF the removable battery and expandable storage. If that's not important to you, then good. It is important to lots of folks here and those are valid concerns. I can get by without those, though we'll see how the battery actually does.

Data concerns? Everything about your life is already in the cloud, medical records, social security, banking information, driving records, court records, cops are able to run your info when they pull you over. Cable service is now advancing to the cloud so you won't have to run any wires to your house any more, it'll just take an internet connection.

These are just examples, few more years wether u like it or not it's going to keep going in this direction and you guys need to finally realize it instead of complaining.

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Data concerns? Everything about your life is already in the cloud, medical records, social security, banking information, driving records, court records, cops are able to run your info when they pull you over. Cable service is now advancing to the cloud so you won't have to run any wires to your house any more, it'll just take an internet connection.

These are just examples, few more years wether u like it or not it's going to keep going in this direction and you guys need to finally realize it instead of complaining.

Data CAP concerns. And it has nothing to do with whether I like it or not, people have these concerns. If you don't, good. Best of luck.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I had a Note 2 and Note 3 and I loved those phones. I was hoping to go back to the Note line of phones this year.

After the reveal yesterday, I have decided to pass on the Note 5. The 3000 mAh battery in a screen that's 5.7" (518 ppi) will last as long as the battery in the S6. I don't want to have to charge up my phone twice a day. I also don't like that the phone will cost ~$900. I can get a gaming laptop for that price.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Well, thankfully for us 'old folks' there are options. There is media and documents that I have that will never see the light of day via the cloud. And that suits my needs just fine :)

De Venton

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

That's how storm troopers talk. I'll hang with Han and Chewie.

Frozen Corpse

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Nope.

Small non-removable battery is the biggest factor for me on why I won't purchase the Note 5.

[T-Mobile]→ Note 4 - 32 gigs + 64 gig Samsung SD card

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I do. I'm not even old school. I just don't have a large data cap. So I'll still need large amounts of storage. I can't even justify paying over $1000 for a 128GB phone. I'm sorry, but that's just too much money for something that'll eventually be replaced.

Also, the whole "SD cards slow down a phone" thing is ridiculous IMHO. I have used SD cards in Androids for 4 years already. Not one slowed down. In fact, the only time where it slowed down was just after bootup, when the phone is scanning for media.

Still, I recommend installing your apps on the phone's internal storage.

I hear people saying Samsung should have updated to their new 7422 chip?? Why? No phone can even touch the s6 right now in speed.
The reason we wanted the 7422 is because it's an AIO chip, meaning that the CPU, GPU, RAM, Storage and modem are all in a single chip, making the phone's internals smaller, increasing the amount of available space.

TRANSLATION: Bigger battery

No need for some crappy plastic back piece.
Actually, plastic done right is pretty good. The plastic used on the black S5 and Note 4 are actually one of the better types of plastic I've used. They're about the same as the ones you'll find in an upscale sedan that costs $30,000+. I'm still not a fan of the glass back as it's quite fragile (I own an iPhone 4S as well, so I know how it's like) but I understand they did so for wireless charging.

Last edited:

Julius boss 111

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site

I love Samsung, BUT WTF...WTF
SAME SIZE SCREEN, SMALL BATTERY, NO SD CARD AND AND...WTF.THIS TIME THEY GET WRONG BIG TIME. IT'S NOT UPGRADE IT'S downgrade, i am staying with Note 4 or moving to Nexus 6 JUST ON THE PRINCIPLE REASON. ...NOTE WAS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PHONE AND NOW IT'S JUST :
"ANY OTHER PHONE "

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: The first note I won't buy?

I think right now I have a passing interest in the note 5. If the reviews come out though and the battery is as bad as the s6, I'll pass. I love the s6, but I can't be worried about battery life all day. I have more important things to worry about in a day.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

I think right now I have a passing interest in the note 5. If the reviews come out though and the battery is as bad as the s6, I'll pass. I love the s6, but I can't be worried about battery life all day. I have more important things to worry about in a day.
This is exactly where I stand. I'm waiting to see some real world reviews, from actual users, not people on blogs. I liked the S6 a lot, but that battery was hot garbage. If the Note can last me all day without having to charge it, I'm in. If not, it'll be Moto X, Nexus, or something LG.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I love Samsung, BUT WTF...WTF
SAME SIZE SCREEN, SMALL BATTERY, NO SD CARD AND AND...WTF.THIS TIME THEY GET WRONG BIG TIME. IT'S NOT UPGRADE IT'S downgrade, i am staying with Note 4 or moving to Nexus 6 JUST ON THE PRINCIPLE REASON. ...NOTE WAS BIGGER AND BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PHONE AND NOW IT'S JUST :
"ANY OTHER PHONE "

Lol, I see your point.

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site

Lol, I see your point.

The nexus 6 doesn't have an SD Card slot, only has a 3000 mah battery as well, and has been known to have a lower quality amoled screen than samsung devices. Seems hypocritical to condemn the note 5 and then move to a phone with almost the exact same problems.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

The nexus 6 doesn't have an SD Card slot, only has a 3000 mah battery as well, and has been known to have a lower quality amoled screen than samsung devices. Seems hypocritical to condemn the note 5 and then move to a phone with almost the exact same problems.

I think it's probably because the Nexus line hasn't had a removable battery and SD card slot for a long while.

Note that there was some backlash over the sealed battery of the Nexus 4. But we kinda forgave it due to its low price.

(Actually, the Nexus 6 has a 3220mAh battery, the same size as the Note 4)

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

The price differential between Note 5 and Moto X Pure is difficult for me to justify. The biggest differences I see between phones are the S Pen and wireless charging on the Note, but I'm hard pressed to justify a $200+ higher price point on that alone. I think I'm going to take a hard look at what Moto X has to offer when it releases in a few weeks.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: No removable battery, no SD card slot

and as far as i know, charging spare batteries takes just as much effort, if not more, than just plugging something into your phone instead to charge lol
also he said that he wont even use the phone for the most part in 2 days.
then why not just put to charge when not in use.