The first note I won't buy? (all discussion about lack of microSD and removable battery must go here)

bplink95

May 25, 2014
Visit site
I doubt there is proof. That's one of the craziest things I ever heard. A battery just provides power to your phone.

And to every one else who keeps saying they want a 126gb version. If there was an SD card slot, it wouldn't matter because you can put whichever sized card in there you want.

SD cards are slow and choke on large amounts of data and files. The 128gb on board storage is the faster option. That's why I'd prefer it over SD storage.

As far as whoever is saying that a sealed battery is better because an unsealed battery for whatever reasons I've never heard any of that before and would like to see proof as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Re: Will Samsung bring back the SD Card slot for the Note 6 ?

SD cards are slow and choke on large amounts of data and files. The 128gb on board storage is the faster option. That's why I'd prefer it over SD storage.

As far as whoever is saying that a sealed battery is better because an unsealed battery for whatever reasons I've never heard any of that before and would like to see proof as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

I have heard that a class 10 sd card is the way to go that will not slow the phone down, but yes the internal storage is the way to go for apps anyway, but for those who like to carry music video or photos an sd card is still a cheaper alternative to paying up for more internal storage when buying the phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I doubt there is proof. That's one of the craziest things I ever heard. A battery just provides power to your phone.

And to every one else who keeps saying they want a 126gb version. If there was an SD card slot, it wouldn't matter because you can put whichever sized card in there you want.

Actually it isn't crazy. Maybe you should talk some of the phone manufacturers about this and research a bit. Sealed battery means sealed internals.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Actually it isn't crazy. Maybe you should talk some of the phone manufacturers about this and research a bit. Sealed battery means sealed internals.
Still have not supplied proof not anything have hard cold facts just an opinion if you ask me

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Still have not supplied proof not anything have hard cold facts just an opinion if you ask me

You won't get anything from me by demanding it nor by insulting me.

So my conversation with you on this subject, is done. I hope that is clear.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

You won't get anything from me by demanding it nor by insulting me.

So my conversation with you on this subject, is done. I hope that is clear.

I am in no way insulting you where did that come from you do not know what you are talking about and offering stuff up about something you know nothing about by duking my question it proofs that

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I have heard that a class 10 sd card is the way to go that will not slow the phone down, but yes the internal storage is the way to go for apps anyway, but for those who like to carry music video or photos an sd card is still a cheaper alternative to paying up for more internal storage when buying the phone.

SD cards have a history of having short lives and once is starts to go bad it kills battery life and performance. I have had good luck with them, only having one go bad. With free storage in clouds and other online services, there is no need to store music, photos, and videos on your phone any longer.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

SD cards have a history of having short lives and once is starts to go bad it kills battery life and performance. I have had good luck with them, only having one go bad. With free storage in clouds and other online services, there is no need to store music, photos, and videos on your phone any longer.

I've never had one go bad, even held on to some for years through many phones. BUT.. I've seen major issues from others when their card goes bad.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

In a sense true but for these to work you need internet access where there is a good amount of free hotspots there are times where you either have to pay for WiFi or suck up capped cell data to run music or view pictures as for video full length movies would eat up any free cloud storage space and streaming them you would need fairly fast reliable free internet

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

I've never had one go bad, even held on to some for years through many phones. BUT.. I've seen major issues from others when their card goes bad.

I am all for them myself. The only real downfall for me was if I didn't have them backed up somewhere and they went bad, all my photos were lost. Only happened once but man it did suck. I am also fine with clouds that give unlimited storage and apps like amazon prime music or google play. If I am worried about data it is easy to download what I want while on wifi and then delete it from my phone when done and it stays online for me to pick and choose. Best of both worlds really.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

In a sense true but for these to work you need internet access where there is a good amount of free hotspots there are times where you either have to pay for WiFi or suck up capped cell data to run music or view pictures as for video full length movies would eat up any free cloud storage space and streaming them you would need fairly fast reliable free internet

They also make sd card adapters that are small enough to not be in the way and plug right into the bottom of your phone. VERY handy and doesn't take up room on your phone.

lou61166#CB

Banned
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

They also make sd card adapters that are small enough to not be in the way and plug right into the bottom of your phone. VERY handy and doesn't take up room on your phone.

Yes I have actually used what is called OTG cable that allows you to hook up thumb drives and external hard drives but it would interfere with charging if I want to view something that is battery intense like a movie while charging

trucky

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site

There is a long and verifiable history of issues with MicroSD cards in phones... It's slow, it won't format, it's corrupt, I've lost all my pictures, etc. etc.

The internal memory is a superior and much faster alternative to the SD memory.

I've got a 64MB N5 and have about half that free with everything I want loaded. I thought I'd miss the SD like everyone else but I don't.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

Thread is re-opened. Please review the forum rules here: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums Please pay particular attention the the parts about PUPPAH, Trolling, Disruptive Posting, Personal Attacks & Insults and Inappropriate Language. For those who want to have a productive conversation, have at it. For those here to troll, this is the last warning that will appear in this thread.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
with the new YouTube download options and ever increasing resolutions micro sd cards will soon to be a must have again.

it isn't 2016 yet so Samsung has still time to fix their mistakes from this year and get back some respect

also for only 149 bucks the sd 200 gigabyte cards are now becoming mainstream so sd cards are going nowhere :)

Last edited:

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
with the new YouTube download options and ever increasing resolutions micro sd cards will soon to be a must have again.

it isn't 2016 yet so Samsung has still time to fix their mistakes from this year and get back some respect

also for only 149 bucks the sd 200 gigabyte cards are now becoming mainstream so sd cards are going nowhere :)
It's already been mentioned Samsung won't add SDCARD or Removable battery and all Androids are going that road just a matter of Time, LG G5 soon to come out won't have sdcard or removable battery!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It's already been mentioned Samsung won't add SDCARD or Removable battery and all Androids are going that road just a matter of Time, LG G5 soon to come out won't have sdcard or removable battery!
Has Samsung made an official announcement that they won't be adding the sd card slot or removable battery to their phones next year? Regarding all the other Androids, didn't LG recently released and kept both features for their new line, the LG V10?

ETA: I forgot to add the new HTC One A9 has a sd card slot. Thanks to updates in Android Marshmallow, you can mount an external card as though it's built-in storage, allowing you to store all apps and games, and of course pics and videos.

As for Samsung, I would like to see the Note Series revert to have a removable back option, but also have a full body metal/glass variant. The Note series after all is a production phone as initially intended.

Last edited:

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
source? Because HTC, Sony, LG and Huawei all are offering an sd card slot.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude