The first note I won't buy? (all discussion about lack of microSD and removable battery must go here)

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Google LG5 , in time all are going that route.
thanks did that an the only thing I found out is that the try an unibody design which is stupid because the G4 was the best phone of 2015 just needed a better testing and more powerful cpu.

anyhow we'll see what Samsung does but if they are smart they are bringing two of their usp back

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
It's easy enough to add an sd card tray, just like the sim card tray. The same removal pin operates both. I remember having that feature on a Blackberry phone, about five or six years ago.:p

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Will Samsung bring back the SD Card slot for the Note 6 ?

I've never had one go bad, even held on to some for years through many phones. BUT.. I've seen major issues from others when their card goes bad.

Agree. I have a SanDisk MP3 player with a micro SD card and use it a lot to help me sleep. I bought this before the first android phone came out, when I switched to that.

I just found a flash stick with a document from 2007. The documents opened fine.

Posted via the *Note 5*

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Just found the Dash sd card reader on line, at Amazon. This beauty goes on your keyring. Plug it into the sd slot on the bottom of the phone, and the phone reads, and can transfer data. It holds up to 200gbs. of space. This is what i was looking for. IMHO, buying the Note 4 now, is taking a step backward. The Note 5 is faster, and now, with this little goodie, i can transfer files on the go. So, with the card reader, and the new fast charger, you get a "Note 4" on steroids.:p

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Just found the Dash sd card reader on line, at Amazon. This beauty goes on your keyring. Plug it into the sd slot on the bottom of the phone, and the phone reads, and can transfer data. It holds up to 200gbs. of space. This is what i was looking for. IMHO, buying the Note 4 now, is taking a step backward. The Note 5 is faster, and now, with this little goodie, i can transfer files on the go. So, with the card reader, and the new fast charger, you get a "Note 4" on steroids.:p
I get what you mean, but that Dash sd card or similar devices don't allow for simultaneous functions. For example, we can't watch a movie stored in that device while charging our Note 5. Watching a movie on our smartphones eats up a lot of battery power, so our Note 4 comes handy, just remove the back and pop in a new battery, hassle free. Besides, wouldn't we want a build in SD card slot like the Note 4 than to have a sticking-out device attached to our phones? But I agree with you, these devices are the best for our Note 5 should we need extra external storage, as a compromise.

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I get what you mean, but that Dash sd card or similar devices don't allow for simultaneous functions. For example, we can't watch a movie stored in that device while charging our Note 5. Watching a movie on our smartphones eats up a lot of battery power, so our Note 4 comes handy, just remove the back and pop in a new battery, hassle free. Besides, wouldn't we want a build in SD card slot like the Note 4 than to have a sticking-out device attached to our phones? But I agree with you, these devices are the best for our Note 5 should we need extra storage, as a compromise.

I understand where you are coming from. Every phone i've ever had, except for my Nexus 5, had the ext sd card capability. For me, i just can't see buying "last year's" phone, when the newer one is already out. I also understand that the Note 5 is much faster than the 4, due to a better processor. I don't watch movies or play games that are on the phone, so the battery draining won't be an issue for me. I do have over 8gbs. of music on my phone(LG G3), but it's all on the google music app. Right now, all my files for work are on my google drive app, so once again, no lost phone space. I need a Note, and i don't feel like waiting for the 6. Besides, there's no guarantee that Samsung will take those two features from the 4, and put them back into the 6. History shows that they do what they want, not what the consumers wants.:p

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

So, last night i transferred everything from my ext. sd card to my internal storage (i have a 32gb LG G3). It just barely fit, maybe. But, with the 64gb Note 5, i'll have more than enough space. Thanks to Google, i have their Drive & Play Music apps, so i will be good to go, when i purchase my Note. Now, if they had a 128gb model, i would have gotten that one. A little paranoia is good for you. HaHa.:p

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

So, last night i transferred everything from my ext. sd card to my internal storage (i have a 32gb LG G3). It just barely fit, maybe. But, with the 64gb Note 5, i'll have more than enough space. Thanks to Google, i have their Drive & Play Music apps, so i will be good to go, when i purchase my Note. Now, if they had a 128gb model, i would have gotten that one. A little paranoia is good for you. HaHa.:p
Yes, I agree the onboard storage out of the box is always the best option, but for some consumers it's much more cost effective to buy phones with an optional sd card slot. These days, we can buy a top brand 128gb sd card for $45! I just read an article that the S7 for early next year may bring back the sd card option. We shall see.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I agree the onboard storage out of the box is always the best option, but for some consumers it's much more cost effective to buy phones with an optional sd card slot. These days, we can buy a top brand 128gb sd card for $45! I just read an article that the S7 for early next year may bring back the sd card option. We shall see.

Well, if Samsung makes a Note 6 with the ext. sd card option, and maybe a stronger s-pen, i would definitely be interested.:p

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

Well, if Samsung makes a Note 6 with the ext. sd card option, and maybe a stronger s-pen, i would definitely be interested.:p
Ha, me too! And a new battery technology that has better battery life. If not, then bring back the swappable battery feature also please. 😜

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Ha, me too! And a new battery technology that has better battery life. If not, then bring back the swappable battery feature also please. 😜

Um, remember Marshmallow is bringing Doze, which will help with battery performance...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's already been mentioned Samsung won't add SDCARD or Removable battery and all Androids are going that road just a matter of Time, LG G5 soon to come out won't have sdcard or removable battery!

See the latest phones from Motorola, LG, and HTC.

In the case of Motorola and HTC, they've been bringing support back for expandable memory.

Venom0642

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
All android devices are not going that way. You are posting misinformation.

See the latest phones from Motorola, LG, and HTC.

In the case of Motorola and HTC, they've been bringing support back for expandable memory.

source? Because HTC, Sony, LG and Huawei all are offering an sd card slot.

Ignore what i mentioned guess i saw some lies in website and i found this: Samsung Galaxy S7 Coming Soon ~ RECENT HACKS

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
But, has that always been a reliable source? If not, just take it as another rumor and wait until Samsung officially announces their new product line.
No sources, no evidence and no logic behind the claims. I'd say indefinitely is not credible and definitely isn't journalism.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site