03-27-2017 03:21 AM
719 123 ...
tools
    I have owned a note 2, 3, 4, 8.0, 10.1, 10.1 2014, and 12.2.

I upgrade because those jerks never add the new s pen features to the old phone, and I love the s pen.

So now we have a new device, and the only s pen upgrade I see is the ability to draw on a black screen.

I hoped the "click" function would enable the eraser, or be mappable, which it appears it isn't.

So basically it is a faster version of my already good phone, but I have to shell out $100 more to get 64gb of storage.

I'd love to have the black screen write and the long page clip... And that is why those jerks won't bring that to the note 4... And I'm not going to submit anymore to their crap update policies.

I've always loved the note, and hated Samsung. Today is no different.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-13-2015 01:54 PM
    I was not surprised by any of the specs, these were pretty much known - I was surprised that they don't seem invested in the device this year. Are you planning on switching to another OEM this year or just waiting until next year to see if they bring some heat to the features?
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    08-13-2015 01:57 PM
    The rumors about the LG G4 Pro looks promising.

08-13-2015 02:01 PM
    My lineup is a bit different from yours, but I won't add the Note 5 either. Bring back the removable battery and micro-SD card slot Samsung!

I have the original Note, Note II, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge, Note 10.1 and Note Pro.

Speaking of the eraser, have you tried the S Pen with Eraser?
    08-13-2015 02:22 PM

Agreed. Let's hope it is released.

dcstuntman likes this.
    08-13-2015 03:06 PM
    I passed on the S6 after waiting very patiently and looks like I'm going to pass on the Note 5. Not only non removable batteries... smaller ones at that.

Nice going marketing team at Samsung... seven straight quarters of declining profits in smartphones.

Looks like you haven't learned your lesson yet.
    08-13-2015 03:08 PM
    I hope Samsung sales on the Note 5 are horrendous. They do what they want and not what their customers want. I love my Note 4 and will be holding onto it for quite a while now.

08-13-2015 04:02 PM
    I was not surprised by any of the specs, these were pretty much known - I was surprised that they don't seem invested in the device this year. Are you planning on switching to another OEM this year or just waiting until next year to see if they bring some heat to the features?
    If I don't get a note 5 I'll get a note 6 regardless. If I don't have the functionality of the s pen, I'll just get an iPhone and have a better speaker, more polished apps, and no lag.

(unless LG puts out a phone with an amazing stylus with useful functions like the s pen)

08-13-2015 05:20 PM

Does it have a Wacom pen? Samsung has a pretty big head start with functionality. Hard to believe they would be able to compete right out of the gate.

Phil Nolan likes this.
    08-13-2015 05:22 PM
    Actual leaked documents from Samsung HQ regarding Note 5:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But seriously what a disappointment. I kept hoping the leaks were wrong but they weren't. It's like they didn't care about this phone at all. It's just a blown up s6 with a pen. The Note line used to be so unique from the s line and now they are practically the same. I mean no additional resolution or battery? The camera is even the same. Just more ram?

Really disappointed. I could've lived without the SD card and removable battery. But for the battery to be that small and for everything else to be carried over from the s6 is a total let down. The only thing that's good about the s6 is the ability to just write on the screen. Even the design is easy to forget since it too was carried over from the s6. Don't get me wrong-I love my s6 but the note is supposed to be unique, and better than the s6.

I'll pass on the note 5. I guess I'm holding on to my s6 awhile.
    TenshiNo and CehowardNote7 like this.
    08-13-2015 07:02 PM
    Well, this was a big disappointment. No need to use my last early upgrade on this phone.
    08-13-2015 07:53 PM
    Alright, so the Note 5 (and S6 Edge+) has been revealed. Will you buy one?

Me? No. Two reasons.

1) I'm a very heavy user and as such, I need more battery power and storage. The Note 4 and LG G4 fit my needs perfectly, but the Note 5 doesn't.

2) I don't see any real benefit for me to upgrade from a G4 to a Note 5. I also think that it doesn't do much to justify upgrading from a 4 or even a 3.

I'm also waiting on the Nexus 5 and 6 2015 and the LG G4 Pro.

Alright, now it's time to hear from you.
    08-13-2015 08:16 PM
    Legitimate reasons, please.

Don't just say "Because it doesn't have a removable battery and SD card slot" if you're not buying one, because that's frankly overused and we know that's one reason why you wouldn't buy one over some others.
    mayconvert and McNibbler like this.
    08-13-2015 08:16 PM
    Legitimate reasons, please.

Don't just say "Because it doesn't have a removable battery and SD card slot" because that's frankly overused and we know that's one reason why you wouldn't buy one over some others.
    Consensus doesn't equal illegitimacy
    21stNow, pmjj, CmbtSwmr7 and 11 others like this.
    08-13-2015 08:42 PM
    If the Note 5 had a bigger battery than the Note 4 and didn't drop the IR blaster I would consider it. I understand that SD cards and removable batteries are disappearing from the mobile phone market. What I don't understand is that non removable batteries are supposed to allow for a larger battery. It makes no sense that my Galaxy S5 almost has the same size battery as this larger phone. Or that a phone the same size with a removable battery has a larger battery than one without. Why then have a non removable battery?
    dcstuntman and Brutusf like this.
    08-13-2015 08:53 PM
    Consensus doesn't equal illegitimacy
    It's just overused.

I just like to see a different reason
    SCD23x likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:12 PM
    I may buy one or the other. I honestly can't say until I hold each one. I love the 5.1" edge screen size, so if I am going phablet, the Note 5 may win.
    Either one would be awesome. I do really love the look of the edge screen.... WHY can't I be rich and have BOTH!

I am a phone junkie. I can't help myself. I will have to get one of them. I will likely keep my S6 Edge and get the Note 5.
    Once I get to touch them, maybe it will be easier to choose.....
    stridr69 likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:30 PM
    I haven't counted it out yet. Yes i dont like the battery size or glass back (im used to no sdcard slot or replacable battery on my motorolas).

Before i count it out though i want some real battery tests and i would also like to know how the speaker sounds. I realize not to expect much but im still curious because i make a lot of speaker calls.

While im somewhat disappointed in some things, i love the note line, and the spen, and i want to see how the new processor handles battery usage.

I havent counted it out, and i know people hate it, and while i dont follow the crowd, i see concerns that are obvious. . My concern is battery.. everyrhing else i can deal with.

DDRundo likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:40 PM
    I ordered one. I have the Note 4 and I still want the Note 5. While the battery size is quite a let down (along with no SD slot)...
    - the design looks great
    - the S-pen writing with the screen off is cool
    - the YouTube streaming is cool IMO
    - 4 GB of RAM
    - the quick-access camera access(double tap) and f1.9 lens is also an improvement over the N4.
    - fast wireless charging might be a real benefit for me

No it's not perfect, but none of today's "negatives" were a surprise if you saw any leaks over the last few weeks. YMMV .. I wouldn't say it's ALL bad :-)
    Rarry, Aweso and Michael Bordeaux1 like this.
    08-13-2015 09:42 PM
    I have the original Note, Note II, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge, Note 10.1 and Note Pro.
    Wow, that's an impressive list.
    dcstuntman likes this.
    08-13-2015 09:44 PM
    I had the Note 2 and Note 3 and I absolutely loved those phones. I liked the plastic leather-looking back and the stitching. That made it feel like it was a device worthy of being in a conference room. I didn't have the Note 4 because I opted to purchase the Droid Turbo instead. I was hoping to get back on the Note line of products this year, but it just looks like a larger version of the S6 with an S Pen. I'm afraid the battery life will be just as bad on the Note 5 as it is on the S6.

I'm going to stick with my S6 active until Samsung fixes their mistakes, which will hopefully be next year.
    dcstuntman and G_The_One like this.
    08-13-2015 10:03 PM
    Here's a legitimate reason, it sucks.

Joe378, dcstuntman, pmjj and 3 others like this.
    08-13-2015 10:04 PM
    I said as late as yesterday I would hold off but I couldn't help it. My biggest issue was the smaller battery so I hope it holds up.

I was just going to get the Moto Pure but I wanted to try it. I have had every Note to date, love the Spen and split screen. I use both enough to warrant having the note. I switch a between phones a lot. Way too much. I have the S6 Active and 6+. Switch back and forth weekly. The Note line itself is one phone that holds me the longest and I never sell the old model until the next one is released.

I ordered today and it already shipped. I'll give it 10 days, if the battery holds up I'll keep it. If not it's the Moto for me.

Sent from one of my many phones using Tapatalk
    08-13-2015 10:04 PM
    I have owned a note 2, 3, 4, 8.0, 10.1, 10.1 2014, and 12.2.

I upgrade because those jerks never add the new s pen features to the old phone, and I love the s pen.

So now we have a new device, and the only s pen upgrade I see is the ability to draw on a black screen.

I hoped the "click" function would enable the eraser or be mappable, which it appears it isn't.

So basically it is a faster version of my already good phone, but I have to shell out $100 more to get 64gb of storage.

I'd love to have the black screen write and the long page clip... And that is why those jerks won't bring that to the note 4... And I'm not going to submit anymore to their crap update policies.

I've always loved the note, and hated Samsung. Today is no different.

My list is not that long. Note 4, 8, 12.2. I love the Note line, but the Note 4 may be the last for me. I refuse to support a company that removes features just to boost their average selling price of their phones. I don't support Apple for this reason and now Samsung is following the same model.

For those who say SD card support is dying, please explain why LG, HTC, Sony and now Motorola all support SD cards in their flagship phones.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    08-13-2015 10:06 PM
    I will not be. I am going to snag a Moto X Style (or "Pure Edition" for us in the US) -- I want to try stock Android .
    08-13-2015 10:15 PM
719 123 ...