12-08-2015 11:22 AM
63 123
tools
    This thread is a moot point due to the Fast Charging. My Note 4 pretty much charges to full when I plug it in my car going from A to B or I'm at my desk for a few min. This is why I am glad it doesn't have USB-C
    Do you need a special car charger for fast charging?

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-16-2015 08:34 AM
    The price of a 2K screen and open OS is poorer battery life. It's silly to compare to an iPhone 6 plus which 'only' has a 1080p screen. It's also an oversized phone with fat bezels - the footprint is a joke but that's the compromise. The regular iPhone only has a 720p screen - that looks visibly outdated to me.

The S6 battery life isn't good. It's hilarious that people still defend it. I have the Edge and it just about lasts the day on moderate usage.

bhatech likes this.
    08-16-2015 09:02 AM
    Own both. Haven't found this to be true at all. The S6 has died well before the iPhone using the same apps under the same use.

I have both and my impression of the s6 (edge in my case) is that once you get your phone setup as you like you need to go into battery usage and keep an eye on who is using the battery. For example I was using Fenix which is a nice twitter client but unlike the standard twitter client it showed up on the list of battery users (even though I was not using it actively). Not heavy but it made it onto that list. I also disabled gps which is really not needed unless i am using something like maps (ios does this automatically and more aggressively). This kind of monitoring is not necessary on the iphone because iOS does it for you in a much more agressive manner. You pay a price for that agrestvity with apps never running such as photo up loaders unless you run them manually. I'm thinking of amazon photo uploader but there are many others. If this level of tweaking is not what somebody wants to do, my opinion is that they are better off with an iphone. I don't mind and find it interesting but if you want something that generally just works your better off with an iphone. There is nothing about the s6 hardware that hurts battery life. It just comes down to the flexibility android gives you at the expense of battery life.
    08-17-2015 05:52 AM
    Anyone notice that a battery charged "100%" through fast charging seems to last only 50% as long?... That being said; IPhone has a smaller battery. Im not buying that its going to last longer. It simply cant.
    10-29-2015 11:17 PM
    Anyone notice that a battery charged "100%" through fast charging seems to last only 50% as long?... That being said; IPhone has a smaller battery. Im not buying that its going to last longer. It simply cant.
    Nope I got nothing like that. I get 20 plus hours on battery.
    10-30-2015 03:29 AM
    You are comparing apples and oranges. Most likely no. The note does so much more than iPhone. However you can step your note down to do a Fair comparison and probably even them out.

11-01-2015 07:50 PM
    Yes

11-01-2015 07:51 PM
    I have heard from so many people that the iphone lasts longer than the Note 5. This is due to more efficiency supposedly. I guess it is the Apple advantage related to a cleaner system only possible with proprietary control not avail on androids.
    12-05-2015 05:00 PM
    I owned the Plus as recent as a few weeks ago. If I were to estimate I'd say it's life exceeds that of the Note 5 by about 20 pct.
    12-05-2015 05:29 PM
    I have both a Note 5 and the IPhone 6s plus. To me the iPhone has a much better battery life. I love the Note, and the stylus, but if I am going to be out all day and not around a chrger, I'll take the 6sp.
    12-05-2015 08:14 PM
    I am by no means a light user. And the note 5 has offered me great battery life. On average 5.5 -6 hrs SOT. Some days even more. My phone is always connected to 4g when I'm out and wifi when I'm home. I tested out the battery a few times fully on 4g as well still, I get around 5.5hrs. This is not by disabling anything. And I use a very nice non black theme.

I should say cell reception plays a huge role in my experience. When I was in Malaysia I never got more than maybe 4hrs SOT (with a black theme), with the same kind of usage. It's crazy how much of an impact cell radio has on battery life.

One thing though even if you own both 6plus and note5 you can't really compare the battery life unless you run similar apps. I mean if you are mostly running stuff like snapchat on the note and imessage like apps on the iPhone. Obviously the iPhone is gonna give you better results.
    will the Note 5 battery outlast the iPhone 6 Plus or iPhone 6S Plus battery?-uploadfromtaptalk1449373138469.jpg
    12-05-2015 09:44 PM
    I use my Note 5 in business, I charge the phone before bed, wake up with 92-94%. I take the phone to work for about 9 hours of work day. I return home with 35-40% remaining depending on usage. The Note 5 feels like it does better than my Galaxy S5 by a healthy margin. The review here at Android Central is very complimentary toward the Note 5's battery usage. This matches my experience.

I will say this, one of the phones that I had during a warranty exchange process sucked the battery like crazy. I never got to figure out why because the Bluetooth was bad on that device so I exchanged it right away. Since getting my current copy of Note 5 I am very satisfied with the battery. I carry a Choe Power Bank with Qualcom Fast Charge technology because I am self employed and can't afford to ever take a chance on running out of battery. I have yet to need to top off the battery though. So far so good.
    hemant#IM likes this.
    12-06-2015 12:37 AM
    The fact is nobody knows the answer to this question with any certainty yet.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    You can't fairly compare if you use screen widgets and doesn't everyone?
    12-08-2015 11:22 AM
63 123