Don't know why Samsung couldn't do this will the US model

http://phandroid.com/2015/08/14/dual...ote-5-microsd/

Well, that rumor seems to have turned out true, and the first photo of that variant has arrived. As you can see, the second SIM slot for the Galaxy Note 5 will double as a microSD tray. It looks rather big for that purpose, but we imagine there will be some sort of adapter you can use to get a good fit.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:31 PM
    Different market. It is common for many devices to have SD cards, especially in eastern markets when their counterparts here do not. Those markets have different usage patterns. Here it seems that by and large people weren't using these features (some were obviously, they're mostly here) and they could make a trade in favor of materials on the BOM. Obviously some of us disagree with that call, but the overall market dictates the features included on devices in each region.
    Almeuit and dpham00 like this.
    08-14-2015 02:39 PM
    Not surprising, there have been other devices that had no sd card in USA , but had sd card particularly in China
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-14-2015 02:41 PM
    Different market. It is common for many devices to have SD cards, especially in eastern markets when their counterparts here do not. Those markets have different usage patterns. Here it seems that by and large people weren't using these features (some were obviously, they're mostly here) and they could make a trade in favor of materials on the BOM. Obviously some of us disagree with that call, but the overall market dictates the features included on devices in each region.
    Ah makes sense.
    Samsung did say something similar to that, which is why they removed it in the first place
    08-14-2015 02:46 PM
    I wish I could get one of these. If I buy one from over seas. Will it work on AT&T?

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!
    08-14-2015 03:43 PM
    I wish I could get one of these. If I buy one from over seas. Will it work on AT&T?

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!
    It should, but may or may not work with AT&T's LTE network depending on the bands on the dual-sim model
    OceanView likes this.
    08-14-2015 03:57 PM
    Second this.

Wish we could find out what radios it will use and if they are compatible with anything state side.
    08-14-2015 03:59 PM
    the fact that this thread got so few views means most people don't care about the MicroSD card slots...

don't get me wrong, I'm hopping mad at Samsung for for leaving out the MicroSD card slot. It was purely a business decision to increase profit. There is no technical or design reason not to have one.
    smooth4lyfe and Ry like this.
    08-15-2015 09:07 PM
    This version is available in China& Hong Kong. It's checked officially.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2015 09:24 PM
    This version is available in China& Hong Kong. It's checked officially.

what does "checked officially" mean?

I read on another website that the Note 5 will go on sale in China sooner than the rest of the world.
    Starting with Taiwan, Province of China, followed by Hong Kong SAR, China.
    08-15-2015 11:47 PM
    the fact that this thread got so few views means most people don't care about the MicroSD card slots...

don't get me wrong, I'm hopping mad at Samsung for for leaving out the MicroSD card slot. It was purely a business decision to increase profit. There is no technical or design reason not to have one.
    LOL at this assumption.

08-16-2015 08:56 AM
    what does "checked officially" mean?

I read on another website that the Note 5 will go on sale in China sooner than the rest of the world.
    Starting with Taiwan, Province of China, followed by Hong Kong SAR, China.
    That means Samsung China replied that as a yes. And the version in China, Taiwan had all bands included, th version in Hong Kong didn't have cdma bands

08-16-2015 10:34 PM
    That means Samsung China replied that as a yes. And the version in China, Taiwan had all bands included, th version in Hong Kong didn't have cdma bands

I'm confused as to what excuse Samsung used for not having MicroSD card slot in the non-China Note 5? If they can do it for the dual-sim Note 5 for the Chinese market, surely they can do it for the free world?
    08-18-2015 06:50 PM
    08-18-2015 06:56 PM