Is this sabotage on the note series?

El Platanero

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Don't misunderstand me. As soon as possible I will be holding a note 5. The question I pose is this: is it possible that Samsung in a way watered down the note 5 in order to get people to buy the galaxy s6+ edge? It's almost like Samsung wanted the note 5 to take a backseat this year. I have nothing to go on other than in the presentation the note did not get the tlc it used to presentation wise. The pictures were done in a way as if to say "yeah we have the note, but have you seen this Sexy beast?"

I'm nod dogging either phone. Just want to see what you guys think.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep, with the note having the reverse shape as the edge they show the backside next to the front facing edge +.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge (S is for Super) via the Android Central App

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I held both phones today, it's interesting in that the note is an upside down edge ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

El Platanero

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
And here I thought it was just me. I just don't understand their logic though. Make the note unique as always and still make the edge and for those that never really wanted a note or wanted a larger edge would do just that.

Daaku Singh

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I don't think so. Keep in mind the Galaxy has always been the favorite child for Samsung and Note was the ******* child that accidentally happened and grew up be a super star. So come the new gen, of course, they'll bring the attention foremost to the Galaxy.

Note has always appealed to the productivity crowd, and the S-Pen with the touchwiz has continued to get better and better but at the same time, it's ALWAYS been the Galaxy that has appealed more so to the general masses.

So yes, Samsung has every reason (and from prev trend of sales of both devices) to continue to have the Galaxy as their Flagship :).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't think so. Despite having awesome designs high end materials and the BEST camera in the smartphone world they need to sell a lot more phones to stem the losses.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes.

The redheaded stepchild Note series has drawn too many loyal followers and is detracting from their favorite new screen technology.

They are trying to convince the masses that the SD card is dead and that their own internal memory is the future.

Their motive is purely self serving and not good for the customer. They can't make any money on their SD card line and can charge premium for their internal memory. They and the rest of the oems who are following suit are trying to wring every dime out of the consumer, while promoting their cloud computing services which will cost you and me more in the long run.

It's all about making more money, nothing more, nothing less.

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I think its funny that motorola hasn't had sdcards in the last few years, and they suddenly add them again as samsung quits using them (except in the s6 active).

I havent used an sdcard in years, so i dont mind if its there or not.. but an interesting observation.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps but I don't think it's intentional. Is the Note series not mostly marketed as more of a work horse rather than a casual daily personal device? I think the success of the Note series with people buying for personal use was simply an unasked for side benefit not a main goal. Quite a few people just wanted to own a phablet sized phone. I'll hazard a guess that a lot of you Note fans fall into this category - you just like it and don't actually use it that much for doing work related applications.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Probably not think they are just stupid... When they told they are not releasing Note 5 in Europe based on some useless focus group tells me how stupid they are.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recall a while back there being speculation as to whether the Note and S line will somehow converge. I think we're starting to see that, except it's with the Edge line. The bottom line is that we really won't know what consumers are going to be buying until sales numbers are shared.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Wasn't there something about the S6 Edge doing better in sales than the S6, but couldn't supply enough of the devices because they had no idea it would exceed in supply and demand? Didn't Samsung state in some article that they knew supplying more S6 Edge + devices is the right thing to do since it's sibling sold very well?

If that is the case, then Samsung IS focusing more on the S6 Edge + becoming more dominant than the Note 5.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps but I don't think it's intentional. Is the Note series not mostly marketed as more of a work horse rather than a casual daily personal device? I think the success of the Note series with people buying for personal use was simply an unasked for side benefit not a main goal. Quite a few people just wanted to own a phablet sized phone. I'll hazard a guess that a lot of you Note fans fall into this category - you just like it and don't actually use it that much for doing work related applications.

playing candy crush soda saga isn't work? I worked hard to get to level 455

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't misunderstand me. As soon as possible I will be holding a note 5. The question I pose is this: is it possible that Samsung in a way watered down the note 5 in order to get people to buy the galaxy s6+ edge? It's almost like Samsung wanted the note 5 to take a backseat this year. I have nothing to go on other than in the presentation the note did not get the tlc it used to presentation wise. The pictures were done in a way as if to say "yeah we have the note, but have you seen this Sexy beast?"

I'm nod dogging either phone. Just want to see what you guys think.

No.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I think its funny that motorola hasn't had sdcards in the last few years, and they suddenly add them again as samsung quits using them (except in the s6 active).

I havent used an sdcard in years, so i dont mind if its there or not.. but an interesting observation.

Could you please tell me where the SD card slot is on my S6 Active?

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze