It seems as if Canada is only getting the 32 GB version of the Note 5 while we will be able to get 64GB and 32GB versions of the S6 Edge Plus?

Why is this happening? Who made this decision? Shouldn't the Note 5 which is typically used by more serious (power?) users come with a larger storage capacity???

I was okay with not having a SD card but was expecting to buy a 128GB version. When I found out there was no 128GB I figured I'd be okay with 64GB. But to find out it's only 32GB in Canada??? I don't think I can buy a Note 5 anymore.
    unclefunbuckets likes this.
    08-14-2015 03:23 PM
    No carriers will have it in Canada? You can buy a att note 5,which would support lte for some carriers in Canada
    08-14-2015 03:45 PM
    Weird. Just checking and I think you are correct. The s6 edge plus is showing 32 and 64 options but nothing for the Note 5.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-14-2015 03:53 PM
    Even more reason to skip this one.

08-14-2015 03:53 PM
    I'm still waiting for that 64gb !
    portergillis likes this.
    08-21-2015 10:47 PM
    Absolutely frustrating. Been waiting for 2 years to upgrade my device, only first to find out the Note5 no longer has microSD support, then to find out that good ol' Canada is only offering the 32GB version of the damn thing.

I ended up going with the S6 Edge Plus, but in all honesty, the curved screen bothers the hell out of me. Maybe I'm just used to a flat-screen device, but reading text that extends end-to-end across the screen (and subsequently 'bends' in the edges) is really bothersome. It also might have to do with the fact that I am a web designer by trade, and inconsistencies in the layout or look of a page or text really annoy me.

Anyways, just wanted to rant about this. I was thinking of returning the Edge today for the Note5, but after learning that only the 32GB model is available, I held off. I'm now thinking of cancelling my plan outright and purchasing an unlocked version of the 64GB model online instead, pending whatever costs that is going to be ]

Grrrrr... first world problems for sure.
    08-26-2015 01:49 AM
    I bought all note phones an this is the first one that I had to think two times to buy it and when I finally convinced myself to buy I was surprised there was no 64 at least.
    This is bad from Samsung, and make me think maybe it is time to move somewhere else!
    08-31-2015 03:03 AM
    I bought all note phones an this is the first one that I had to think two times to buy it and when I finally convinced myself to buy I was surprised there was no 64 at least.
    This is bad from Samsung, and make me think maybe it is time to move somewhere else!
    Samsung does weird things. They only sell one model in Canada. They don't have it for Europe. Where's the platinum one? Do they want to sell these phones or what?

I bought the note 5 as my first note device and Samsung device since the S3. Had to settle for the black 32g, but would have liked to have a white one for a change.

Also took out some S-pen features from the note 4...
    08-31-2015 05:56 AM
    Guys stop complaining I'm upset like everyone else here, I've had every Note. But nows a time for change or hold off until something better comes along.

I have my eye on the Sony Experia Z5 Premium Just launched today. First 4k screen on any smart phone, 3450mah battery. expandible to 232gb, hi-res audio, 23 mb camera, fastest auto-focus 0.03 sec, and comes in dual sim and its waterproof.
    09-02-2015 10:53 PM
    I recently bought the Samsung Note 5 and unfortunately it only has 32 gb of internal storage. I was bummed out about this but found a fairly decent product that could somewhat compensate for the lack of internal storage. It's called the Seagate Wireless Plus 2 tb external storage product. Here is what it looks like if you are interested in it:

For those in Canada, this product is on sale for $199 until Sept 10, 2015 at Best Buy:

Seagate 2TB Plus Wireless 2.5" Portable External Hard Drive (STCV2000100) : Portable External Hard Drives - Best Buy Canada

Cheers!
    09-04-2015 03:23 PM
    I went to the Samsung Store and one of the Samsung Canada reps was there talking to the manager and I over heard her telling him that the reason Samsung is not bringing the Note 5 64gb to Canada, was because all the Canadian cell phone carriers did not show any interest in bringing them in, as it is they were all hesitant about the S6 Edge + 64gb.
    09-13-2015 10:44 AM
    I recently bought the Samsung Note 5 and unfortunately it only has 32 gb of internal storage. I was bummed out about this but found a fairly decent product that could somewhat compensate for the lack of internal storage. It's called the Seagate Wireless Plus 2 tb external storage product. Here is what it looks like if you are interested in it:

For those in Canada, this product is on sale for $199 until Sept 10, 2015 at Best Buy:

Seagate 2TB Plus Wireless 2.5" Portable External Hard Drive (STCV2000100) : Portable External Hard Drives - Best Buy Canada

Cheers!
    I have this... Do you have your phone and the hard drive connected to the computer to transfer files?
    09-13-2015 11:56 AM
    Not yet but I will do so...instead haven't had the time to do so yet...instead bought two of these guys
    09-13-2015 12:24 PM
    No note 5 for me unless they release 64 in Canada. I had a Bell Rep trying to sell me a 32. Pretty funny listening to him trying to convince me for the 32.

09-13-2015 01:14 PM
    Does anyone have any idea why Samung wouldn't release the 64gb version in Canada? It is frustrating.
    09-23-2015 09:46 PM
    Absolutely frustrating. Been waiting for 2 years to upgrade my device, only first to find out the Note5 no longer has microSD support, then to find out that good ol' Canada is only offering the 32GB version of the damn thing.

I ended up going with the S6 Edge Plus, but in all honesty, the curved screen bothers the hell out of me. Maybe I'm just used to a flat-screen device, but reading text that extends end-to-end across the screen (and subsequently 'bends' in the edges) is really bothersome. It also might have to do with the fact that I am a web designer by trade, and inconsistencies in the layout or look of a page or text really annoy me.

Anyways, just wanted to rant about this. I was thinking of returning the Edge today for the Note5, but after learning that only the 32GB model is available, I held off. I'm now thinking of cancelling my plan outright and purchasing an unlocked version of the 64GB model online instead, pending whatever costs that is going to be ]

Grrrrr... first world problems for sure.
    I put up with this all the time but that's because I have a relative in Canada who works for Sony mobile who hooks me up with Xperia phones. In order to get their employee discount though I sometimes have to accept that I can't get certain variants. For example I'm hoping to get the gold colored Z5 next month but Canada might not get all the color versions and I'd have to get the basic black one.
    09-23-2015 10:19 PM
    Yup samslung basically shot themselves in the foot. I gave up on them already looking to get something fun Huawei Honor x2 has 128 gb storage 7" At least still has storage and otg and not the same phone everyone else in Canada will be caring around. They also got the P8max and the new Google phone.
    10-31-2015 12:17 AM
    Guys stop complaining I'm upset like everyone else here, I've had every Note. But nows a time for change or hold off until something better comes along.

I have my eye on the Sony Experia Z5 Premium Just launched today. First 4k screen on any smart phone, 3450mah battery. expandible to 232gb, hi-res audio, 23 mb camera, fastest auto-focus 0.03 sec, and comes in dual sim and its waterproof.
    If you are saying that the Experia Z5 Premium is the first phone of any brand to have a 4k screen I believe you are incorrect. Samsung has had a 4k screen on a number of phones over the last several years as has LG if I am not mistaken.
    10-31-2015 11:34 AM
    I will point out that it is not available in 64gb As i got the 64gb titanium note 5 from rogers.
    12-02-2015 08:20 PM
    No actually lg and samsung have had QUAD hd, not 4k
    12-02-2015 08:21 PM
    It seems as if Canada is only getting the 32 GB version of the Note 5 while we will be able to get 64GB and 32GB versions of the S6 Edge Plus?

Why is this happening? Who made this decision? Shouldn't the Note 5 which is typically used by more serious (power?) users come with a larger storage capacity???

I was okay with not having a SD card but was expecting to buy a 128GB version. When I found out there was no 128GB I figured I'd be okay with 64GB. But to find out it's only 32GB in Canada??? I don't think I can buy a Note 5 anymore.
    This is not true. I am using 64GB Titanium Silver Note5 to type this. I got it from Rogers in Vancouver about two weeks ago on 2 years contract.
    12-03-2015 08:46 AM