First Impressions

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Got my ATT 64gb black today. Have to say the phone is really nice piece of hardware. The size is expectedly big but the curved back does make it feel a bit smaller than the Note 4. The phone is fast. Really fast. Sceen is just what you expect. Phenomenal. Too early to tell on battery life. That will be the determining factor for me. But overall, really like it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Daaku Singh

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. That's one of the better threads I've seen on the Note5 all day long :).

Most of the other threads have been about why it sucks since it doesn't have the replaceable battery and lack of SD card support and how Note 5 launch will be a miserable fail.

I'm upgrading my old Note 2 tomorrow at Bestbuy and getting the 32GB Note 5.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
1b68e43c180aaa3bd8de30cf90fa1317.jpg

So far gsam is telling me i am averaging one day and 7 hours with 6:41 screen on time. Don't really expect to get that but I don't think I'm going to have a problem getting 20+ hours with 6hrs screen time. I got 20 hours and 5 screen time with my note 4. Don't think I'll have a problem getting thru a day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Your battery stats thus far shed positive light regarding expectations for how long the sealed battery will last. Impressed.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Apps are reloading for me like just like my GS6A. Multitasking is buttery smooth though.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Lol. Have no idea. Ordered it on a whim yesterday and it shipped three hours later fed ex over night.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
So far mine has been nice. My deciding factor will be the battery too. It is very fast, some apps reload a lot have not but I need to get in 5 to 8 days to get a better feel of the device.

Feels great in the hand and the screen is gorgeous as expected. Time will tell.

@ThrottleJohnny att shipped yesterday if you ordered online. Not sure about other carriers.

BTW I usually switch keyboards but I'm liking the Sammy KB I can type super fast.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The fingerprint scanner is wicked fast. Definitely better than the S6. On par with the iPhone without a doubt.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Are any of you feeling the heat off the phone when multi-tasking?

How is the sound from the front-speaker? Is it louder than the Note 3's, or a previous Note? I have the Note 3, but man that volume can be at 100%, and it's still low for me. I have to use my BlackBerry Passport to listen to Spotify when I shower.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
If the can last as long as being said, and the speaker is at least as good as the note4, it may persuade me to get one and not wait on the new droid.

I dont even ask about call quality since all my notes were loud and clear, although i am nervous if it relies on advanced calling for voice data.. I do not like that about my turbo!

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

How is the sound from the front-speaker? Is it louder than the Note 3's, or a previous Note? I have the Note 3, but man that volume can be at 100%, and it's still low for me. I have to use my BlackBerry Passport to listen to Spotify when I shower.
I have felt zero heat. And the speaker is loud enough for me but I haven't tried it with a shower..lol

maximus96

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you please tell me if Helium works for restoring backup? On my recent replacement Note 4 from AT&T Helium does not activate on the phone even though the desktop app showed a check mark. many thanks

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
I just came back from Best Buy and my oh my that device is SO light and very easy to grip. CAN MONDAY COME ANY QUICKER? ?? I AM so excited!!!!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

You should just get a small bluetooth speaker, Its what I use, much better than using a phone speaker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech