04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Guys, not sure what im doing wrong but im only averaging 10 hours. This is after 3-4 full charges, brightness at 50%, everything off but sync and wifi. Ive even turned off all the motion stuff.
    Hey Iron try the settings for best battery life for the S6. Make sure you go into your account settings and disable the aspects of your Google account you don't use and disable or uninstall the bloatware that you don't use.

For instance my twitter and Facebook doesn't have to keep running and syncing so I turn those off (don't disable just turn off sync). When you open them they automatically update anyway. Same goes for many other apps.

I leave google now on and leave optimal location, Bluetooth and WI fi on too and I'm getting 19 hours with about 3.5 hours of on screen time even with all that stuff enabled but the trick on Android is figuring out what you need to sync and that's it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    geekaren likes this.
    08-21-2015 08:24 PM

For instance my twitter and Facebook doesn't have to keep running and syncing so I disable those. When you open them they automatically update anyway. Same goes for many other apps.

I tried disabling Facebook, but the app ended up being removed from my homescreen.
    08-21-2015 08:43 PM
    I love everything about this phone except the small battery. This thing drains faster than a lead boat with a hole in the bottom. I came from the heart note 3 and thought the battery would be at least that good. WRONG!

Now I know why they keep advertising the fast charging because the battery socks so bad. This fast charging isn't really all that new. It is a little faster than my note 3 with a 2.4 amp charger.

Downgrading the battery was a total asinine move on the part of Samsung,but I guess they have to save money where they can.

You have a high resolution screen. Doesn't matter that it is amoled. You have an octorcore processor coupled with 4gb of ram. All that put together takes a whole lot of juice, so Sammy comes up the brilliant idea of putting a smaller battery in!

At least they have a wireless charger. I think my new phone will be sitting on it most of the time!

Why couldn't Samsung put a S6 active battery in the Note 5...at least
    ccpopham and Mark4christ like this.
    08-21-2015 08:46 PM
    The icons at the top match an HTC phone not a Samsung phone.
    Yes, that would be correct. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread. I do a lot of testing and got wrapped in the battery discussion. You can delete that post, or if you like, I will.

By the way, I do like the Note 5 and will be recommending it where applicable. Also, the first few days or even week will be less battery life than when you settle into your habits and the phone software settles down. If it's pretty good now, it will only get better
    08-21-2015 08:53 PM
    Why couldn't Samsung put a S6 active battery in the Note 5...at least
    The S6 Active has more interior space in the chassis due to the lack of the S Pen.
    08-21-2015 08:56 PM
    I tried disabling Facebook, but the app ended up being removed from my homescreen.
    That is normal for the app to not show on the home screen or the app drawer. When you enable it again, it will show back up in your app drawer, then you can add it manually to the home screen. I have a couple apps that I treat this way because they are rogue battery suckers.
    08-21-2015 09:01 PM
    That is normal for the app to not show on the home screen or the app drawer. When you enable it again, it will show back up in your app drawer, then you can add it manually to the home screen. I have a couple apps that I treat this way because they are rogue battery suckers.
    Well, what I read from you is that you didn't want yours running and syncing, so you disabled them, but they update automatically when you reopen them. Are you talking about opening them from a browser? I don't want Facebook to always be running. I Do want it enabled because I do use it, just not all the time.
    08-21-2015 09:21 PM
    Well, what I read from you is that you didn't want yours running and syncing, so you disabled them, but they update automatically when you reopen them. Are you talking about opening them from a browser? I don't want Facebook to always be running. I Do want it enabled because I do use it, just not all the time.
    I actually said that wrong, sorry about that I meant to turn off sync and notifications on those, don't actually disable them. That way the app is always there when you open it, then it updates on the spot of usage rather than syncing all the time.

08-21-2015 09:41 PM
    Here is my battery life after having the phone for 3 days. Honestly I don't think it's that great, however I did use the phone a lot yesterday while streaming music on WiFi.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-122.jpg  
    08-22-2015 05:50 AM
    Hmm my battery life just seems to keep going by 1% at a very alarming rate by just simple browsing through the interface of the phone (I'm not doing anything excessive or even playing games). Just got it yesterday. Unsure if its all the bloatware on the phone but I'm a newbie in the Android realm since I' coming from a Windows phone. Anyone know some tips I can do to increase my battery life?
    08-22-2015 07:31 AM
    This phone has less bloat ware than any previous samsung I have owned previously.
    Racing24 likes this.
    08-22-2015 08:34 AM
    This phone has less bloat ware than any previous samsung I have owned previously.
    Mine came with all kinds of ATT junk xD and flooded with Samsung apps.
    08-22-2015 09:21 AM
    Turn the screen brightness down and set the set the sleep after minutes of inactivity to the lowest you can live with.
    08-22-2015 12:52 PM
    I actually said that wrong, sorry about that I meant to turn off sync and notifications on those, don't actually disable them. That way the app is always there when you open it, then it updates on the spot of usage rather than syncing all the time.

Oh, in that case, you can turn application sync off by going to settings then accounts & sync. From there, find your app in the list and tap, then you can turn sync on or off from there. Note that you can still go into the application and swipe down to sync, so don't worry about having to go to settings each time.
    08-22-2015 01:06 PM
    Hmm my battery life just seems to keep going by 1% at a very alarming rate by just simple browsing through the interface of the phone (I'm not doing anything excessive or even playing games). Just got it yesterday. Unsure if its all the bloatware on the phone but I'm a newbie in the Android realm since I' coming from a Windows phone. Anyone know some tips I can do to increase my battery life?
    Go to settings on your phone, scroll down to "Battery Manager", then tap on "Battery usage". This will bring up a list of the programs that are using your battery up, then you can get rid of or adjust the programs that are sucking too much. Be aware that all apps use power when in use, but keep an eye open for ones that use a lot even when the program is closed (Lookin at YOU, Photobucket!)
    08-22-2015 01:11 PM
    I've never understood this either. If I have to disable everything I would get a flip phone.

You are assuming somehow letting every app secretly sending your information to Google is "great", simply because they are on by default.

I never understand that thinking neither.
    MagicMan2020 likes this.
    08-22-2015 02:05 PM
    Oh, in that case, you can turn application sync off by going to settings then accounts & sync. From there, find your app in the list and tap, then you can turn sync on or off from there. Note that you can still go into the application and swipe down to sync, so don't worry about having to go to settings each time.
    Thank you both.
    08-22-2015 02:50 PM
    I have been very pleased with my battery life. Charged the phone to 100% right out of the box, went to bed with 11 + hours of up time, with 3 hours and 58 minutes of screen on time and had 58% battery left. My S6 edge was NOWHERE near anything like that.
    08-22-2015 02:59 PM
    I have been very pleased with my battery life. Charged the phone to 100% right out of the box, went to bed with 11 + hours of up time, with 3 hours and 58 minutes of screen on time and had 58% battery left. My S6 edge was NOWHERE near anything like that.
    You're getting great battery life. I'm no where near that. I'm at about 4 SOT time over a 12 hour period.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    08-22-2015 03:07 PM
    Does this look normal...I thought this is draining rather fast but haven't had an android in along time. Sync is off on everything but contacts. Android system and cell standby look high but it still could need to calibrate.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1440275282247.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440275288637.jpg  
    08-22-2015 03:30 PM
    7 hours @77% I wish I had that kinda battery life.... Lol

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    MagicMan2020 likes this.
    08-22-2015 03:59 PM
    hi all, i'm a long-time reader on Android Forums and post mainly at Xda but i wanted to share my battery life experience (so far). i use my N5 as a work device, e.g., calls, emails, texting and web browsing (reading & YouTube). i also take a lot of pics with family and friends. as an FYI, brightness is set at 40%, Bluetooth and WifI enabled, full T-Mo stock configuration and 4 exchange email accounts all set to push (using Nine email and not Samsung client). most of the SOT was reading/replying to emails/texts (60 emails/11 text conversations, respectively). bottom line, i may not be the typical note user but the results below are good for my usage pattern - hopefully my results will be consistent on heavy usage days.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2015-08-22-10.46.29.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-2015-08-22-10.46.40.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-2015-08-22-10.46.51.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-2015-08-22-10.46.34.jpg  
    08-22-2015 07:15 PM
    You are assuming somehow letting every app secretly sending your information to Google is "great", simply because they are on by default.

I never understand that thinking neither.
    That's not the case either. I'm in sales. I use my gps to go to appointments throughout the day. I have a gear 2 neo watch and sometimes use blue tooth headphones, sync email throughout the day. If I have to turn off all these features then I don't want to use that device. For the most part if you are using google services and use an android phone they are going to get your info.
    I'm actually about to delete instagram. I haven't used the app once since I got the phone and I keep force closing it and it doesn't do anything and it's on my battery stats using 3% of my battery today.
    08-22-2015 07:34 PM
    For those with problems with cell standby: that is a bug with Android where you get penalized by having both wifi and data on. When not in use, turn wifi off. I like Tasker because it does it for me automatically. I no longer have cell standby as number 1

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    Racing24 likes this.
    08-22-2015 07:35 PM
    Lol at this battery life threads... It all varies from person to person. Some people use smartphone like a dumb phone and get great battery life, it all depends on network strength, apps you have installed, different account sync, screen brightness and various other factors. One person can get 5 hrs sot and other can only 2. There will bunch of battery life sucks thread soon like every other phone ever released.
    You are correct about everyone using their phones different. But I had the iphone 6 plus and the note 4. Dropped the note 4 because of battery after lollipop. Most of us come from smartphones and set the phones up pretty much the same and use it similar as the last phone. Right now I'm on track to get in the 6.5 hours of screen time. On my note I was getting 4 to 4.5 with lollipop and it was close to 6 hours prior. So the battery is very promising in my opinion.
    08-22-2015 08:24 PM
3,351 ... 89101112 ...