04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 9899100101102 ...
tools
    Well first.. Your battery will drop when idling, it is going to use battery.

Also if you get an S6 to last 2 days with 4 hours of use, that I'd better than any S6 u have seen.

You could easily get 5 or 6 hours of use in 24 hour if a charge it seems like, with what you have posted.

If you can charge once a day with your S6 and get 4-6 hours of use, you are doing good. An S6 battery just usually isn't that good.
    11-11-2015 10:18 PM
    Compared to others mine is bad...
    11-11-2015 11:18 PM
    Compared to others mine is bad...
    No, compared to others, yours is great. My S6 Edge would never get almost 2 days on battery with 4 hours screen time.
    11-11-2015 11:25 PM
    Can it be due to my carier ?

I dont have a good signal most of the time..

Bad signal will drain your battery.
    This is the phone equivalent of Candice Swanepoel complaining that she's fat and ugly.
    Candice knows better than that 😎
    11-12-2015 06:34 AM
    Bad signal will drain your battery.
    I think its my carier which is causing the problem.. anyway i can fix it without changing cariilers?
    11-12-2015 06:54 AM
    I think its my carier which is causing the problem.. anyway i can fix it without changing cariilers?
    Not unless your carrier has signal boosters or there are signal boosters you can buy that work with your carrier.
    11-12-2015 07:04 AM

Yes bad signal will drain a battery, but your battery is giving you 4 hours over a period of 2 days! I'm getting barely 4 in one day...

Are you just trolling all of us, pretending like you think your battery isn't lasting long enough?
    11-12-2015 07:10 AM
    Yes bad signal will drain a battery, but your battery is giving you 4 hours over a period of 2 days! I'm getting barely 4 in one day...

Are you just trolling all of us, pretending like you think your battery isn't lasting long enough?
    Naah bro im having a terrible battery life have a look at the video i posted

I just dont use phone much.. only using it to attend calls,i like to use it but it dropping heavily..
    I shoulsnt have changed from apple...

I hope someone helps me out.. this device is perfect except for battery life
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1447345642396.jpg  
    11-12-2015 10:28 AM
    Naah bro im having a terrible battery life have a look at the video i posted

I just dont use phone much.. only using it to attend calls,i like to use it but it dropping heavily..
    I shoulsnt have changed from apple...

I hope someone helps me out.. this device is perfect except for battery life
    You are not having terrible battery life with what you are showing us. With my S6 if I had 4 hours of screen time, my battery would last less than 20 hours.

Use your phone like you want one day and then post screenshots. I do not know any S6 user that can get 4 hours of screen time and a battery last for 2 days.
    11-12-2015 11:23 AM
    You need to change your GSam to last fully charged and not last unplugged and do not charge in the middle of a cycle. We can't see what is going on.
    11-12-2015 11:25 AM
    Fantastic 👍👍👍

Kelly Kearns likes this.
    11-12-2015 01:51 PM
    You are not having terrible battery life with what you are showing us. With my S6 if I had 4 hours of screen time, my battery would last less than 20 hours.

Use your phone like you want one day and then post screenshots. I do not know any S6 user that can get 4 hours of screen time and a battery last for 2 days.
    U saw the last photo i have uploaded?

Ok frm the next recharge ill use the phne as normal and lets see how long it lasts..
    11-12-2015 07:58 PM
    U saw the last photo i have uploaded?

Ok frm the next recharge ill use the phne as normal and lets see how long it lasts..
    The last one is not relevant now to the new one. Just charge the phone, do not do any top off charges, do not put your phone in airplane mode, etc.

Just use the phone like you want to use it. Get on the Web, text, email, all the stuff you want to do normally. Then right before you charge do the same screenshots.

Make sure these are the ones from the battery graph that you screenshot and post:
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1447382872745.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1447382900289.jpg  
    11-12-2015 08:49 PM
    The last one is not relevant now to the new one. Just charge the phone, do not do any top off charges, do not put your phone in airplane mode, etc.

Just use the phone like you want to use it. Get on the Web, text, email, all the stuff you want to do normally. Then right before you charge do the same screenshots.

Make sure these are the ones from the battery graph that you screenshot and post:
    Every time you post 8 hours I cry a little bit
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1447385240152.jpg  
    11-12-2015 09:27 PM
    Every time you post 8 hours I cry a little bit
    I'm sorry ❤

If you had a strong, consistent signal, you would have a much better battery.

While my signal is strong, it isn't a very good signal. It isn't a clean, good signal at all.

Might want to download a couple of apps and let's see what your signal looks like.

This one..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.ltediscovery

When you open it, hold down and PRESS on the LTE until options come up. Put a check mark beside the SNR. You might also have to disconnect the extender to get the LTE signal to show, not sure. But on both of these (going to post the next one in a minute) screenshot the results with the extender and then with the extender disconnected.

The second one is this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ignalchecklite

This is the free version. I have the pro version but the free version will give the info.

Just because a signal is 5 bars, doesn't mean it is great and just because it is 2 bars, doesn't mean it is a crap signal. I have 4 to 5 bars of a crap signal. The signal is strong enough, but it is bad and that causes me to use more battery than what I would worn a strong signal that is also a clean signal.

So first do both of these connected to the extender and post the screenshots and let me see how they look.
    11-12-2015 11:22 PM
    Should you have video and advanced card calling on or have video off? On verizon.

Just trying anything that might help with cell Standby time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2015 11:27 PM
    Should you have video and advanced card calling on or have video off? On verizon.

Are you talking about the high standby time that many on Verizon are experiencing when on WiFi?

Did you mean advanced calling?

And I'm not sure what video you are talking about. The video calling?
    11-13-2015 12:24 AM

Turning advanced calling off will not help battery... Doesn't make difference to mine.

11-13-2015 06:41 AM

Ok ill do it tmrw
    11-13-2015 08:16 AM
    Ok ill do it tmrw
    You also have to stop looking at "in this particular 5 mins I lost x% of battery" because you can't look at your battery life in that kind of increment and get a true picture. You have to look at the time period from fully charged and removed from the charger until it is low enough to charge again.

That could be 3 days, that could be 7 days, that could be 10 hours, that could be 5 hours. You have to look at the 100%. Sometimes you will do something on your phone and it will drop 2% in 3 minutes and then sometimes you will do something on your phone and it will take over an hours for it to drop 2%.
    11-13-2015 08:41 AM
    Overall my N5 gets pretty good battery life and easily lasts me through the day. But recently "mdnsd" has shown up as a major battery killer. And I have no idea what it is. Has anyone experienced this? Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-11-13-21-42-14.jpg
    11-13-2015 09:05 PM
    Overall my N5 gets pretty good battery life and easily lasts me through the day. But recently "mdnsd" has shown up as a major battery killer. And I have no idea what it is. Has anyone experienced this? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-11-13-21-42-14.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	123.2 KB 
ID:	205758
    Do you have a drone? Looks like it's associated with a certain apps

http://www.matthewgatland.com/journal/2015-01-16-mdnsd/
    11-13-2015 09:15 PM
    I'm sorry ❤

If you had a strong, consistent signal, you would have a much better battery.

This one..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.ltediscovery

The second one is this:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ignalchecklite

So first do both of these connected to the extender and post the screenshots and let me see how they look.
    Thanks!... I already knew I had like 1 bar, but good to know just how awful it is. It's nice to see where the towers are though... they're on the other side of a 1000ft hill
    11-13-2015 09:22 PM
3,351 ... 9899100101102 ...