04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    For those with problems with cell standby: that is a bug with Android where you get penalized by having both wifi and data on. When not in use, turn wifi off. I like Tasker because it does it for me automatically. I no longer have cell standby as number 1

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    This sounds unlikely. My cell standby is 2% and I always keep Wifi on. Wifi radios use he tiniest amount of power. Anandtech has mentioned this over and over in battery life articles. Turning Wifi off isn't going to reduce cell mobile data radio time. I never have turned wifi off on any of my phones, and I have no issues with battery life.

I did just see THIS over on Android Police. Maybe this is the culprit?.
    08-22-2015 08:26 PM
    Id say this is awesome battery life. Cell standby is a little high but other then that this is great. I audio think that cell standby will fix it self after using the phone some more. Only second day with the phone. Tmobile note 5 32gb
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1440303710927.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440303717527.jpg  
    08-22-2015 11:23 PM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-uploadfromtaptalk1440313015165.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    08-23-2015 01:56 AM
    I wanted to ask everyone one question. Do you have Google Now activated ? Set up? I had mine off before now I activated even though I do not use it very often apart from asking a few things. I noticed that Google Services has gone up as number 1 power consumption. Any advise?
    08-23-2015 04:16 AM
    Screen on time is great. Been nailing it hard the last two days and the battery life is impressive.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 05:09 AM
    Guys why after my last factory reset i only see this instead of numbers. Before i saw numbers now only this. Learning patterns. Before only after few hours i used the phone since i bought it i could see estimates on time. Do i have to reset again? Hate it

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-69.jpg  
    08-23-2015 05:55 AM
    Why my battery started to suck after last factory reset. Have i enables something that drains battery? 7 hours on batterry and only 1 hour of screen time im close at 60% of battery. When i just got it at the shop yesterday i had 60% that lasted me until night time installing apps all the time.
    Huh is it cause of google now?

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-72.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-71.jpg  
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-23-2015 06:16 AM
    These were my stats before going to bed last night, on its first full charge. Verizon model. I was blown away by the SOT!

This was mixed usage of having brightness on auto, or set manually to 50%.

Lots of Facebook, Twitter, and Feedly browsing, a little YouTube, several pictures... basic everyday usage.

If it can reproduce numbers like that outside of my house, I'll be truly in love!
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1440332026608.jpg  
    jimd1050, MadAtMax and aggie like this.
    08-23-2015 07:17 AM
    On my phone the only sync option I'm getting is syncing contacts for Facebook.
    08-23-2015 07:26 AM
    I wanted to ask everyone one question. Do you have Google Now activated ? Set up? I had mine off before now I activated even though I do not use it very often apart from asking a few things. I noticed that Google Services has gone up as number 1 power consumption. Any advise?
    I do have Google Now activated. I actually use it a lot to catch up with different things. Once you use it and start searching, it's pretty intuitive in finding different stories and other things you might be interested in. Understandably, it's not for everyone, but I get a lot of use out of it. It really doesn't make that much of a difference in my battery, as I am always on my phone looking up something in some way.
    08-23-2015 07:27 AM
    Looks like the battery life is just as good as my Note Edge, this was the second day of being charged.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-865.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-866.jpg  
    08-23-2015 10:35 AM
    Looks like the battery life is just as good as my Note Edge, this was the second day of being charged.

You should be getting way better battery life than that, my S6 will get over 4 hours of screen on time on a daily basis.

Do you have Google Location History enabled or Active WiFi Scanning?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 10:49 AM
    Why my battery started to suck after last factory reset. Have i enables something that drains battery? 7 hours on batterry and only 1 hour of screen time im close at 60% of battery. When i just got it at the shop yesterday i had 60% that lasted me until night time installing apps all the time.
    Huh is it cause of google now?

Didn't mean to check , 'thanks'. Anywho, try installing GSam Battery Monitor and it will tell you what apps are Draining your battery.
    08-23-2015 10:52 AM
    Here is the rest, for some reason it didn't take all my images, like I said, it's better than my Note Edge.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-864.jpg  
    08-23-2015 10:55 AM
    Here is the rest, for some reason it didn't take all my images, like I said, it's better than my Note Edge.

Your battery here is acceptable. I'm not getting as much as I'd expect. I must have something turned on wrong. Look at my cell standby.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1440345750426.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440345765415.jpg  
    08-23-2015 11:02 AM
    Your battery here is acceptable. I'm not getting as much as I'd expect. I must have something turned on wrong. Look at my cell standby.
    Wow,hate to say this, have you try a factory rest yet, I'm sure you this is something you might not want to do.
    08-23-2015 11:11 AM
    Yeah... the phone is a week old! My wife's edge+ has a similar issue with the cell standby. I have the advanced calling on but she does not (this was suggested awhile ago as the issue) so I don't think that's it
    08-23-2015 11:40 AM
    I've been an an active reader of the AC/forum for a few years but I decided to make an account just to share my battery life experience with my note 5. I'm on verizon. This is my first full battery cycle. Some info about my usage: I never used airplane mode. I only used power saver (not ultra power saver, mind you) while sleeping. I slept for 8.5 hours and only lost 5%.,which is outstanding. I was on wifi for about 90% of my day. About 6 hours of reading, a couple hours of gaming and a couple hours of browsing. Maybe half an hour of streaming YouTube. Also a lot of messaging, using both standard texts and hangouts. I'm very curious to see how it holds up at work when I'm constantly using it for email, texts, calls, calendar and notes. I'll repost my stats after my first full day at work!

Edit: location on, sync on, brightness set at midrange with auto on.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-205.jpg  
    aggie likes this.
    08-23-2015 11:59 AM
    Seeing that you had the phone over a week and you are having the same issues as your wife, in this case a factory rest might help you finding the problem, I hate doing factory rest my self, sometime a app will make the phone act that way. One thing you can try, see what app that you and your wife have that is the same, once you find it try to remove it and see if that helps. if not hate to say it, factory reset might be the only way to find the problem that you are having.
    08-23-2015 12:02 PM
    I have 53% battery - 2 hours on screen time - 17 hours since full charge. Would you call that good battery life?

(I just came from an iPhone so I can only compare to that)

08-23-2015 12:21 PM
    Everyone's use is so different. Anytime my phone lasts a day... I am good

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk
    08-23-2015 12:24 PM
    I would say that's pretty good, let me take a guess, you like to close out of all your apps when you are done.
    08-23-2015 12:46 PM
    I haven't been able to get a clear picture of battery life for me because I've been at work the last two nights and I get abysmal cell service there.
    So far this morning I'm at 86% and have an hour of SOT with lots of YouTube, games, emails, texting, etc.
    If I keep that pace up I'm well over 5 hours of SOT (which I consider amazing for my use).

08-23-2015 12:55 PM
    I've been an an active reader of the AC/forum for a few years but I decided to make an account just to share my battery life experience with my note 5. I'm on verizon. This is my first full battery cycle. Some info about my usage: I never used airplane mode. I only used power saver (not ultra power saver, mind you) while sleeping. I slept for 8.5 hours and only lost 5%.,which is outstanding. I was on wifi for about 90% of my day. About 6 hours of reading, a couple hours of gaming and a couple hours of browsing. Maybe half an hour of streaming YouTube. Also a lot of messaging, using both standard texts and hangouts. I'm very curious to see how it holds up at work when I'm constantly using it for email, texts, calls, calendar and notes. I'll repost my stats after my first full day at work!

Edit: location on, sync on, brightness set at midrange with auto on.

Wow. That's amazing. Absolutely amazing. You sure it's a Note 5?
    08-23-2015 01:14 PM
    Seeing that you had the phone over a week and you are having the same issues as your wife, in this case a factory rest might help you finding the problem, I hate doing factory rest my self, sometime a app will make the phone act that way. One thing you can try, see what app that you and your wife have that is the same, once you find it try to remove it and see if that helps. if not hate to say it, factory reset might be the only way to find the problem that you are having.
    Yeah I might try. I've had the issue on 2 Note 4's both with many resets. I must have something synching.

Anyone heard of any issues having multiple Google accounts sync? I have my personal and google apps for business accounts syncing, maybe something is wrong with having 2 sync?
    08-23-2015 01:19 PM
3,351 ... 910111213 ...