Note 5 Battery life thread

Racing24

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
This is insane. I have dreams of achieving stats like this.

Posted via the Android Central App
I agree. I've had my T-Mobile Note5 for two days now and I can't achieve battery life like that. I'm going to try to push the device today and report back.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
What was your screen on time? JW

Ok, here are my findings:

I took my phone off the charger at 7AM yesterday--100% charged

I surfed the net
Answered some texts
Answered some emails
Talked on the phone
Played some music via bluetooth (maybe 30 mins)
Made a few ringtones
Downloaded a couple of apps

And went to bed...without plugging it up.

I am awake at 6:22 AM with 47% battery left. Fine with me. What I did above is my typical usage for a phone, though. Occasionally, I may surf the net and answer emails a bit more. And when I'm unsure of where I'm going in town, I do use the Maps feature.

I do use the Power Saving feature, though.

mu5ic92

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Obviously root isnt available yet so what type of changes are you making on your phones to improve battery? Iv disabled some bloat but more information is great.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, my Note 5 fast charing isn't working. I was at 85% and plugged it in. It says that it will be charged in 53 minutes.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to click on battery settings and see it.

213d15f13a046023a27f37680e8bc996.jpg
00ea1470dc2c8b478488bd94c6fcc5ac.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ok, call me paranoid

Haha yes for this trip to sux flags I'd go with the batteries and note 4. Haha esp since you can't get it in time.

Below is the one I have which has been great. It absolutely says "fast charger connected" when I connect, and does charge fast. These external quick chargers are game changers! They finally made me feel ok with not having removable batteries.

I've seen the same exact shape/specs/etc as the one I got below under several different brands though. I'll bet they're all from the same factory on China.. But it's been working great!

Don't forget about the Samsung official external quick charge batteries too!

[Qualcomm Certified] Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 10400mAh Portable External Battery Fast Charger (16.2W / 5V 9V 12V Supported, Quick Charge Input and Output) - Silver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UBDI7E...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4625534

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s-accessories%2FEB-PN920USEGUS&token=rGPyDHUc

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
A lot of "worked great until 30 day warranty expires" posts. Too many.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I get 3 hours screen on time with note 3 but I do not want any battery saving "secrets" that all have the same thing in common: dim screen, less or no sync, no games, no amazon, no ebay, no nuthin that I buy a smart phone for.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I get 3 hours screen on time with note 3 but I do not want any battery saving "secrets" that all have the same thing in common: dim screen, less or no sync, no games, no amazon, no ebay, no nuthin that I buy a smart phone for.

I've never understood this either. If I have to disable everything I would get a flip phone.