04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 113114115116117 ...
tools
    So I am debating on whether to call AT&T and get a warranty replacement for my Note 5 because of battery life issues. But I am concerned about getting a fresh phone with the same issue.

Then I have to set it all up again from scratch, and be using a refurbished unit. So I'm not sure.

But after reading this insanely long thread we are all in here, I have come to the conclusion, that outside of a select few, the rest of us are all having the same basic issue. Bad battery life. It seems that it mostly stems from WiFi being ON, or in Verizon's case, cell standby issues.

I am certain that Samsung totally has incompetent programmers. You would think that Samsung could afford better.

Lately the iPhone 6S+ is starting to look a tad better. I just don't know.
    It have 4 notes. All have the same battery life more or less. Remember most people that have good bad life don't come here to say anything. It's when you have a problem usually that people go online to complain or to find a solution. So, don't think it's a select few. I don't believe I have that kind of luck that out of 4 note 5, all are great in the battery department given that so many have battery problems.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-31-2015 10:59 PM
    Looks like I was way off on my assumption that the battery life would be bad. So far it's damn good

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08...ea887e98e6.jpg
    Do you have any tips and tricks to get more from my note 5 battery
    01-01-2016 05:34 AM
    New note 5 as of yesterday and it's eating the battery up. But first b4 I say it's all bad I need a full drain to charge and a fresh day to quit fondling it. OMG this thing rocks with power and class. Love being able to theme it the way I want it. 65% at 10:25 am after pulling it off charge at 5:30 am. With that I would say battery is on par for my usage.
    01-01-2016 10:27 AM
    My Samung Galaxy Note 5's battey has been really good when i first got it i was only getting about 3 hours so i brang it to samsung and they replaced the battery and now its way better i get about 6 hours screen on time thats with
    - 3x (2 minute calls)
    - 4x (5 minute youtube videos)
    - 1 hour (playing games)
    - 20 minutes (listening to music)
    - and other stuff like texting downloding games social media etc
    My brightness is almost at the lowest
    I keep it on airplane mode wben not using phone features calling and texting so most of the day and am pretty happy with it now.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1451665634589.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1451665643289.jpg  
    01-01-2016 10:27 AM
    It have 4 notes. All have the same battery life more or less. Remember most people that have good bad life don't come here to say anything. It's when you have a problem usually that people go online to complain or to find a solution. So, don't think it's a select few. I don't believe I have that kind of luck that out of 4 note 5, all are great in the battery department given that so many have battery problems.

I can understand if only a few people were having the issue. But all the Note 5 forums I go on there are long threads about bad battery life.

Personally I'm not convinced it's a hardware problem. I really think it's a software issue. For instance, my Verizon Note 5 is running OJ3, although battery life still could be better, but it's better than my AT&T Note 5 which is still on OJ1.

Also my AT&T note gets full signal at home and my Verizon only gets 2 bars. But if I log into wifi, my battery drains much faster.
    01-01-2016 10:54 AM
    My Samung Galaxy Note 5's battey has been really good when i first got it i was only getting about 3 hours so i brang it to samsung and they replaced the battery and now its way better i get about 6 hours screen on time thats with
    - 3x (2 minute calls)
    - 4x (5 minute youtube videos)
    - 1 hour (playing games)
    - 20 minutes (listening to music)
    - and other stuff like texting downloding games social media etc
    My brightness is almost at the lowest
    I keep it on airplane mode wben not using phone features calling and texting so most of the day and am pretty happy with it now.
    You're happy cause you have most of it disabled. Putting the brightness all the way down and running on airplane mode. Of course your getting good battery life. Duh.
    01-01-2016 10:57 AM
    You're happy cause you have most of it disabled. Putting the brightness all the way down and running on airplane mode. Of course your getting good battery life. Duh.
    I routinely get 5 to 6 hours screen time with 13 to 16 hours off charger. I've only disabled AT&T bloat that I'll never use. I also don't use Facebook or Facebook Messenger apps. Brightness is always on auto.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    01-01-2016 11:39 AM
    Be aware third-party launcher does drain battery as well, i only use DefaultTouchWiz.
    01-01-2016 11:46 AM
    Ok fellas so let say I just got back to android from Windows Phone and some things I had to revisit.

I went to my battery settings and enabled Power Saver. I Uninstaller all the bloat ware that I could. I also went to my running apps to see what was running in the background. I found a alot of AT&T bloat ware running so I disabled all that I could.

Now my Note 5 seems to have a better battery life. I'm currently charging to 100% then will see what happens. Right now after just a couple hours I see it is not draining as much as it was. From 10:30pm to 12:50pm I was still in the low 90's. Big difference.

Here is a list of running apps after disabling some. If you see something that I can get rid of shout it out to me.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2520.jpg  
    01-01-2016 11:57 AM
    I'm going to be using it heavy today so I will see just how it performs. I have the day off so I will be using camera, Internet, apps, and the whole works. I even try the streaming video options a log with the video collage today. Let's just see what we get. I downloaded the Battery monitor app so I can post my findings.

Maybe we can all work together and fine tune and get the most out of the battery life.

01-01-2016 12:55 PM
    I also find it strange that everyone posting pictures of their battery stat screen with crazy SOT, that they always scroll the screen where it doesn't show if the phone is on power saving mode or ultra power saving.

So if you guys who are getting great battery life, please post a picture of the stat screen to prove to everyone that you don't have one of the power saving modes on.

Having a power saver on and raving about great battery life doesn't count.
    01-01-2016 01:11 PM
    I also find it strange that everyone posting pictures of their battery stat screen with crazy SOT, that they always scroll the screen where it doesn't show if the phone is on power saving mode or ultra power saving.

So if you guys who are getting great battery life, please post a picture of the stat screen to prove to everyone that you don't have one of the power saving modes on.

Having a power saver on and raving about great battery life doesn't count.
    I don't use any power saving modes or dim the screen. Where does it say or how do I show that I'm not using it? I will gladly upload it.

01-01-2016 02:35 PM
    I don't use any power saving modes or dim the screen. Where does it say or how do I show that I'm not using it? I will gladly upload it.
    When you go into Settings / Battery, it is the first two things on the top. It seems that everyone on here scrolls them off the screen before taking screen shots.
    01-01-2016 05:19 PM
    When you go into Settings / Battery, it is the first two things on the top. It seems that everyone on here scrolls them off the screen before taking screen shots.
    I do that, but that's so the screen shot will show screen time and other apps being used, kind of my way to show how I'm using the phone. Also to prove I'm not just leaving it set with the display on and doing nothing else.

01-01-2016 05:58 PM
    Because it's more important to show what apps are used. That power saving mode can be turned on or turn before the screen pic. It doesn't prove anything to include it expect that it's not "on" during the screenshot.

01-01-2016 05:58 PM
    Ok, after using heavy today there is a huge difference. I beat the heck out of it today. Heavier than I normally use it. I had a full charge at about 1:10pm and been using it ever since. I used video collage, surfing the net, had my gear 2 BTW all day. I BT to my boom box and play music. Played my normal word game and chess game all day.
    Here are my findings. I see I have 52% of app usage, so I included a screen shot of the apps used.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2548.jpg  
    01-01-2016 07:13 PM
    Can only send one image per post currently. Here is my monitor... Screen was on for a total of 4 hours which counts for 33% of the usage.

The power saver is really a life saver for me at the moment. I do not experience a drop in performance at the moment either. All seems to be working the same. I'm not doing any multitasking either, mainly because that is not my normal flow.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2546.jpg  
    01-01-2016 07:14 PM
    Can't complain. Nearly 16 hour day, 3 and a half hours screen on time, still 55% left.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2016-01-01-23-43-52.jpg  
    01-01-2016 10:46 PM
    And the pic of screen on time.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2016-01-01-23-44-03.jpg  
    01-01-2016 10:46 PM
    Made it to 16 hours 38 minutes with 4 hours SOT before hitting 50%

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2016-01-02-00-34-59.jpg  
    01-01-2016 11:38 PM
    Can anyone help me. Why my battery is so bad now? Even with 4g disabled which makes it much worse i can barrely get 3hours sot

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-4548.jpg  
    01-02-2016 09:21 AM
    Last night I thought I would try turning off wifi and see if overnight that would help with the cell standby issue.

No go.

Went from 47% to 36% in 5 and half hours.

01-02-2016 09:33 AM
    After beating this thing all day... I got up and unplugged at around 5pm and been on the go since.

I tried out the live broadcast, periscope, video collage, texting, playing chess online, and a lot of surfing the net. A lot of seeing up my gallery and going through pics, it was definitely heavy use today for me. Again no multitasking at all today just to make this clear and I am on power saving mode. Here is the results from this morning. I'm currently at 17% 8 and a half hours later.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2656.jpg  
    01-02-2016 12:38 PM
    Stock battery monitor...

At this rate I will not make 12 hours. I think that is sub par. It would seem to me that I should get a better battery performance out of this device... at the battery last my entire shift of work when I'm not working 12 Hours.

Looking at my findings in my chart my android system seems to be burning up the battery more than the screen display. So I'm at a lost as to what to do to lessen the load from the system... any suggestions?

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2659.jpg  
    01-02-2016 12:40 PM
    Third party battery monitor...

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-2655.jpg  
    01-02-2016 12:40 PM
3,351 ... 113114115116117 ...