04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 121122123124125 ...
tools
    Can somebody help me out here? Went to bed at around 79-75% battery. Turned on ultra power saving mode too, and when i woke up, i was down to 50% after around 5hrs? Thats never happened to me before. Android system and android os popped up and seems to be draining my battery. What's happening?
    I have the same problem. Using two sims slots too.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-10-2016 06:58 AM
    Yeah, the three options under vibration intensity for calls, notifications, and feedback
    I turn keyboard vibration and the haptic feedback off. I just have the vibration on for ringing and notifications.
    zCirca likes this.
    01-10-2016 10:38 AM
    I have the same problem. Using two sims slots too.

All the same info above is needed if you want us to look at your battery usage.
    01-10-2016 10:53 AM
    Hmmmmm that's odd. Before my WiFi wasn't taking up any battery, and now all of a sudden it's sucking up a lot of battery life. It's like something got switched over night 😡😡

01-10-2016 11:44 AM
    GSam sucked up 15% of my battery in 30 min. Talk about a bad app. There's where your battery life is going. Sure it's useful to track a rogue app, but not good to leave running at all.
    01-10-2016 12:50 PM
    GSam isn't a battery sucker app. You are literally the only person I have heard say that, ever and I've had this app forever.
    01-10-2016 01:22 PM
    0.1% and doesn't even show up on my battery stats and it runs always.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1452454185125.jpg  
    01-10-2016 01:29 PM
    GSam isn't a battery sucker app. You are literally the only person I have heard say that, ever and I've had this app forever.
    I've heard it before. In fact, several reviews on play store said it as well.
    Edit--seems that was a previous version with the issue.
    I think it's even been mentioned in this thread.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    01-10-2016 02:19 PM
    Almost every team member here has used this app for a very long time, never been a problem.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-10-2016 02:22 PM
    No I installed it this morning for the first time on my note 5 and it just started to drain quick. Maybe it's just an install issue. If that is the case then who knows what kind of havoc can be caused by corrupted installs. Had the same thing happen on my wife's note 5 with fb. I did notice that some apps that were disabled when I got my phone where enabled again. Leads me to think these new galaxy phones have a backdoor for the cell companies to do what they want. My phone got setup without a sim over wifi then when I got my sim card all sorts of crap was instantly installed without an update. That maybe why no one can find the mystery battery drain. I say that because today my battery is at 71% even after the GSam drained it and I uninstalled it. Yesterday it went lick hotcakes.
    01-10-2016 02:49 PM
    Well I sure wouldn't get rid of that, you will never find that again.
    Stats from the last several hours.
    01-10-2016 03:36 PM
    No I installed it this morning for the first time on my note 5 and it just started to drain quick. Maybe it's just an install issue. If that is the case then who knows what kind of havoc can be caused by corrupted installs. Had the same thing happen on my wife's note 5 with fb. I did notice that some apps that were disabled when I got my phone where enabled again. Leads me to think these new galaxy phones have a backdoor for the cell companies to do what they want. My phone got setup without a sim over wifi then when I got my sim card all sorts of crap was instantly installed without an update. That maybe why no one can find the mystery battery drain. I say that because today my battery is at 71% even after the GSam drained it and I uninstalled it. Yesterday it went lick hotcakes.
    Something is wrong with your phone.
    01-10-2016 03:49 PM
    Stats from the last several hours.
    Your almost non-existent signal is probably your main issue there. Samsungs will even boost up the signal graphic when there is a bad signal that is really noisy.
    01-10-2016 03:51 PM
    Your almost non-existent signal is probably your main issue there. Samsungs will even boost up the signal graphic when there is a bad signal that is really noisy.
    That was on my way to town. I get about 2-3 bars at home.
    01-10-2016 03:52 PM
    Two the three bars is still low, especially with AT&T. I always had two the three bats with AT&T and my drain didn't stop until I got a microcell and that has been on several phones. A low signal just keeps the phone searching for a better signal.
    01-10-2016 03:54 PM
    My moms iPhone 6 Plus has great battery life and gets the same signal. I would get a microcell but I don't have cable or dsl. A we boost cell repeater is $$$. I don't feel reception is the issue as my signal has stayed the same and I had great battery life with that signal before thanksgiving.
    01-10-2016 03:57 PM
    IPhone and Android are different animals on signal.

Well I lived this for 6 years with AT&T and iPhones vs Samsungs..
    01-10-2016 03:59 PM
    IPhone and Android are different animals on signal.

Well I lived this for 6 years with AT&T and iPhones vs Samsungs..
    Yeah, my brothers s5 gets the same signal and is getting better battery life than my note 5 . Both run 5.1.1
    01-10-2016 04:00 PM
    Look as a tech I tend to deal with issues like this often and find that changing my phone won't fix the problem. My note 4 would do weird stuff like battery drain in less than an hr. Come to find out it was a failed tower system of Verizon's. This is a whole different beast. It could be a combination of apps, signal fluctuations, what app was opened last, etc. I fail to see where I have 2 seperate days of crap battery life and my phone is bad. Then everyone on here with battery drain issues has a bad phone. Not likely. I have only had one bad cell phone ever and that was an HTC that the speaker was faulty out of the box. There is either a software issue with Samsung or they have remote access we don't know about.
    01-10-2016 04:04 PM
    Look as a tech I tend to deal with issues like this often and find that changing my phone won't fix the problem. My note 4 would do weird stuff like battery drain in less than an hr. Come to find out it was a failed tower system of Verizon's. This is a whole different beast. It could be a combination of apps, signal fluctuations, what app was opened last, etc. I fail to see where I have 2 seperate days of crap battery life and my phone is bad. Then everyone on here with battery drain issues has a bad phone. Not likely. I have only had one bad cell phone ever and that was an HTC that the speaker was faulty out of the box. There is either a software issue with Samsung or they have remote access we don't know about.
    Your phone.. That could be software, hardware, corrupted update, rogue app, etc.

I never said you need to change phones.
    01-10-2016 04:09 PM
    Yeah, my brothers s5 gets the same signal and is getting better battery life than my note 5 . Both run 5.1.1
    As has been said several times, you can't compare battery life to someone else, everyone uses different apps and uses their phones in different ways and has different settings.

Have you run it in safe mode to see if it drains with that signal?

Bad signal will cause a bad standby drain and there is more to bad signal than the number of bars, that is a weak signal. You can have a strong signal and a lot of noise and that will make it a bad signal.

If you have a weak signal and you are using location that pings cell towers, that is going to cause you a problem also. When you are draining on standby like that something is keeping your phone awake, a weak signal will do that, especially if you have a lot if apps pinging location. Google Now is one thing that can drain a lot of battery anyway but a whole lot when you are in a bad signal location.

I have several apps that use location and because I gave a good signal, I can use less battery than someone with one app that uses location and has a weak signal.
    01-10-2016 04:15 PM
    I'm always at 2 to 3 bars on AT&T. I routinely get 5 hours SOT with around 16 hours off charger.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    01-10-2016 04:20 PM
    As has been said several times, you can't compare battery life to someone else, everyone uses different apps and uses their phones in different ways and has different settings.
    01-10-2016 04:29 PM
    I'm ready to jump back to iPhone. Would att let me do that? On a 24 month installment plan.
    01-10-2016 04:31 PM
    No idea how AT&T is with that. I never purchased a phone on installment with AT&T before.
    01-10-2016 04:55 PM
3,351 ... 121122123124125 ...