04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 124125126127128 ...
tools
    Is everyone having battery drain issues using wireless charging? I noticed the if I charge wireless I have quicker battery drain compared to charging with the cord. Seems like drain is only bad when wireless charging every now and then.
    01-14-2016 10:40 AM
    Is everyone having battery drain issues using wireless charging? I noticed the if I charge wireless I have quicker battery drain compared to charging with the cord. Seems like drain is only bad when wireless charging every now and then.
    No, I wireless charge every night and there is no difference with my drain when using a cord.
    01-14-2016 10:40 AM
    No difference here all good.
    01-14-2016 10:53 AM
    I've noticed something... the "4G LTE" icon is on a lot when WiFi is on. I thought it was locations services, but thing is that I have them off. Maybe this is causing the drain..? EDIT: just noticed "gpsd" in my battery stats even thought GPS hasn't been enabled once today.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...cb3b41f337.jpg
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8e59577999.jpg
    The LTE icon shows up either due to a caller ID app or if you are receiving/sending an MMS (picture/video) text message. This is normal. It doesn't cause anymore drain since the phone is connected to WiFi.

Even if it didn't show the symbol the phone is still connected to LTE on the back end. Even though I have a Nexus 6P it still is the same .. If you look below you can see I am on WiFi but I have a signal monitoring app (top left) that shows my mobile connection is still connected to LTE.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1452790999322.jpg  
    01-14-2016 11:03 AM
    I've had great battery life until yesterday. Normally I'd still have about 45-50% at the end of the day. That's taking it off the charger at 5:30 AM and on the charger around 7:00 PM each night. Yesterday I noticed that I was down to 50% at noon. Thinking that I probably didn't have it sitting in the wireless charger correctly, I brushed it off. Last night I plugged the phone in and made sure it was at 100% this morning. Within 3 hours and minimal usage, my battery has dropped to 68%. Installed Gsam to see what's going on and Android system is using over 28% of my battery. I haven't changed anything, settings wise, or added any new apps recently.

Posted via the Android Central App
    So I think I discovered my battery drain issue. Day before yesterday my exchange server was down or something because I was completely unable to sync my mail. Today, I was texting a few people and all of a sudden texts were coming through my email as well. Since email sync was 13.9% of my battery usage, I went into my email sync settings ad noticed that "sync messages" was on. I never turned it on but I turned it off and I'm no longer getting messages through my mailbox plus email sync has dropped to .2%. Battery is now holding steady like it used to.
    01-14-2016 11:47 AM
    Sometimes it seems like this, yes. When I charge using the pad, the charge never seems to last quite as long.

I'm also concerned about turning the wifi network notification off. It seems to have changed things a bit for me. I'm going to turn it back on and see if it goes back to the way it "should be."

And interesting, if apps can have their activity actually be part of Android System instead of showing up as themselves then that's an entirely different thing and maybe Facebook/Messenger is causing some of that. Or something. How can someone tell if it comes up merely as Android System?
    01-14-2016 11:31 PM
    I'm having the same problem with battery drain. According to Gsam, Android System uses anywhere from 25-30% of my battery. Additionally, the Kernal (Android OS) uses anywhere from 10-15%. I begin each day with a full charge and monitor battery consumption and these are consistently the two biggest drains on my battery. If it helps, Verizon is my carrier.
    01-15-2016 09:13 AM
    Honestly, all we can hope for is a good upgrade to 6.0 Marshmallow. Battery was great out of the box, but after a few updates, something happened.
    01-15-2016 04:08 PM
    Personally: On verizon, no special settings outside of wifi off while screen off. Battery life is fine. Not as good as iPhone 6S, but decent. Lasts an entire day off one charge.
    01-15-2016 07:58 PM
    Ok today Instagram is draining the battery! What is it with this phone? It's at the top of the list and I haven't even been using it. Seems like our apps are the cause. At 88% in 2 and a half hours? I'm blaming the os.
    01-16-2016 09:58 AM
    I tried opening package disabler and it gave me some error so I had to install the update and it took away everything I had filtered/disabled AND the ability to turn Knox off.

What the hell?

And now I don't remember what the hell I had disabled and set up to give me a solid basis for things. What a pain.
    01-16-2016 04:36 PM
    If I had the money I'd jump to a iPhone 6s real quick! Tired of this POS phone and it's battery!!! All I do with it is charge, charge, and charge it!!!!!
    01-16-2016 08:51 PM
    Can anyone tell me the difference in their battery life when they left location on as opposed to off?

01-16-2016 09:26 PM
    Mine drains either way
    01-16-2016 09:27 PM
    Mine today after only an hour and 6 minutes screen on time. I'm not complaining.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2016-01-16-23-08-01.jpg  
    01-16-2016 10:09 PM
    If I had the money I'd jump to a iPhone 6s real quick! Tired of this POS phone and it's battery!!! All I do with it is charge, charge, and charge it!!!!!
    Well obviously you have a faulty unit and you know what, your phone has a 1 year manufacturer's warranty. But instead of going through the warranty process in which your carrier can get you a replacement in a day or two or sometimes quicker, you'd rather come here and complain about the phone and threaten to buy an Apple product. You'd seem better off over at iMore anyway, seem more Apple-like.

Good luck with the 6S, the battery life isn't all it's cracked up to be with that one either.
    01-17-2016 07:45 AM
    I just buy an extra battery and have two with me at all times. Problem solved
    01-17-2016 09:45 AM
    I think it's wireless and fast charge that's causing our issues. I'm burning down my battery today and going to place it on slow charge tonight to see if that is the cause on mine.
    01-17-2016 10:25 AM
    I think it's wireless and fast charge that's causing our issues. I'm burning down my battery today and going to place it on slow charge tonight to see if that is the cause on mine.
    Not sure about that. Been using wireless at night for about 2 weeks now and my battery seems to have gotten even better than before.

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    01-17-2016 10:54 AM
    I just buy an extra battery and have two with me at all times. Problem solved
    I have the samsung fast charge battery pack in my pocket. Got it with their promo. Haven't used it once, I've been carrying it around like a paranoid person. The battery is great on this phone. The battery pack makes me feel more comfortable pushing the phone as much as I want to without worrying of a dead phone. But it has yet to not make the day and the best thing is my phone almost never goes below 38% after 16+ hours and 4+ hours SOT. It's been amazing for me.

01-17-2016 11:55 AM
    I noticed something very interesting yesterday. I turned on my Note 3 phone, to see if it had a full charge in case my Note 5 decides to stop working, and the Signal bars strengths were all the way to 5. My Note 5 can't even get pass 3 bars. I've deleted a couple of apps that were not as important, but the battery still drops. I've used my phone for maybe 5 minutes, and I'm already at 96%. I use the Chrome Browser for Facebook. That , AC Forums app and Google were the only thing open in my recent tabs.
    01-17-2016 11:59 AM
    I have the samsung fast charge battery pack in my pocket. Got it with their promo. Haven't used it once, I've been carrying it around like a paranoid person. The battery is great on this phone. The battery pack makes me feel more comfortable pushing the phone as much as I want to without worrying of a dead phone. But it has yet to not make the day and the best thing is my phone almost never goes below 38% after 16+ hours and 4+ hours SOT. It's been amazing for me.

Right on no issues here either, i still don't get how some of these people here are getting bad battery life, i got my AT&T Note 5 since the first day it came out and the battery life performance is Excellent, no issues at all , i don't have any type of battery case backup at all , just don't need it, once a day i only have to charge my phone.
    linkiik121 likes this.
    01-17-2016 12:00 PM
    Right on no issues here either, i still don't get how some of these people here are getting bad battery life, i got my AT&T Note 5 since the first day it came out and the battery life performance is Excellent, no issues at all , i don't have any type of battery case backup at all , just don't need it, once a day i only have to charge my phone.
    Have not charged over 24hrs ,yet lol and i do use my phone, lots of texting and lots of Tapatalk at XDA and here plus Gplus all day and night, the weird thing is not sure why it isn't showing gplus lol, been using it since yesterday.
    01-17-2016 12:08 PM
    My phone has been a real piece of **** since Package Disabler Pro took a dump and forced me to update to a Knox-less, wiped-clean version. Maybe there's some stuff I had disabled from before that I didn't remember to disable this time. I got down to 64% battery in 3.5 hours while at HOME on freakin' wifi. What the ****?

*sigh* what a pain
    01-17-2016 07:02 PM
    Can anyone tell me the difference in their battery life when they left location on as opposed to off?

Interesting you should ask that.... last night I left location on by accident. I usually keep it off but had it on for maps and forgot.

I went to bed on 61%, woke up 7.5 hours later and was on 58%.

Just 3% in 7.5 hours so I started looking around the settings to see what might be different. Only thing I could see was I left location on and Bluetooth off. And I keep my wifi set to only on when plugged in during sleep.

01-17-2016 08:51 PM
3,351 ... 124125126127128 ...