04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 129130131132133 ...
tools
    WTF????
    What the fu#k didn't think I needed to spell it out lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-14-2016 02:55 AM
    Guys is this normal?
    I use mobile data like 12hours per day..
    Screetime on averages 4hrs..

Yes

02-14-2016 06:37 AM
    WTF????
    Ha-ha your phone is possessed
    02-14-2016 11:09 AM
    What the fu#k didn't think I needed to spell it out lol

Noo, lol. I Definitely KNOW what WTF means. I was quoting the same thing as you with seeing your phone percentage.
    140%
    02-14-2016 11:12 AM
    Ha-ha your phone is possessed
    Not mine. HOLLYWOODANT's.

Look at HIS percentage.
    02-14-2016 11:14 AM
    Mine has been fine
    02-14-2016 11:15 AM
    Wtf %140

A partial charge or two in there somewhere?

From my AT&T Platinum Gold Note 5
    02-14-2016 11:57 AM
    The phone really does struggle when it doesn't have a good data signal (as I saw from reading the entire thread but hadn't noticed it myself yet). I was at an amusement park for about 5 hours today and the 4g LTE was floating between 1-4 bars throughout the park. I checked my signal strength once and it was about 105-114 dBm at the time. I usually average 5 1/2-6 1/2 hours SOT easily and don't charge the phone every day. Today I went from 100% to 14% in the 6-7 hours I was gone from my home and wasn't even at 3 hours of SOT. AT&T Note 5
    02-14-2016 11:34 PM
    Poor signal will drain battery. Don't think this problem is exclusive to the Note 5.
    02-15-2016 06:33 AM
    Poor signal will drain battery. Don't think this problem is exclusive to the Note 5.
    I know any phone is going to drain when it has low signal. I just thought that was pretty drastic compared to previous experiences with my note 5 and other phones I've owned. I guess the phone very aggressively tries to get signal haha.
    Trees likes this.
    02-15-2016 12:55 PM
    OK... I'm going to post this here and now about the Battery in the Note 5 rather than start another thread.

Even though my phone runs well on both 4G and Wifi, and have no apparent or outrageous gremlins running down my battery...

I'm a power user and in the past have had multiple batteries, always buying a new one every three to four months or so to keep phone optimally charged...

After four months of hard, power usage, even though the phone quick charges quickly, even though I keep the phone's settings reasonable and not power hungry...

THIS BATTERY WILL NOT SURVIVE TWO YEAR'S OF USAGE! IN FACT, THIS BATTERY WILL NOT SURVIVE ONE YEAR'S USAGE!

Samsung and Verizon... get ready because in a few months, I will be contacting you under warranty for a replacement Note 5... and later on, will use my extended warranty for a replacement phone... WITH NEW AND FRESH BATTERIES INSTALLED!

In the future, I will probably, to my DREAD, go to an IPHONE where I can go to the local store and get a new and fresh battery installed while I wait.

I will remain with Samsung only if they have factory authorized centers here in Denver where I can walk in and they can install a new, fresh battery. I will if course pay for this service.

These sealed Samsung phones, for a power user... will simply... NOT MAKE IT!

YMMV. That's my experience watching my battery degrade after four months.
    02-20-2016 10:17 PM
    I'm VERY tempted to get a replacement and sell it on eBay to pay off my AT&T Next installments then go to an iPhone 6s with apples yearly upgrade program...
    02-20-2016 10:19 PM
    Y'all are going to iOS just because of the battery in the Note 5? Yikes...
    02-21-2016 01:00 AM
    Anyone here running the official Cambodia Marshmallow update for the Note 5 ?

I've just flashed it on my N920C in SA

Running pretty good so far

Will see how the battery does
    02-21-2016 01:13 AM
    Y'all are going to iOS just because of the battery in the Note 5? Yikes...
    Did you actually read what I posted, in a straight forward assessment or are you simply acting like an android fanboy, discounting the ability to swap out a battery in under one hour at a local Apple store, and not having that same ability where Samsung does NOT have a local authorized repair rep who could do the same?

After all, THIS is 'the battery thread' and if a power user like myself, who uses the phone for business, and has no Facebook, no Instagram, no twitter, no social accounts on the phone and who requires a battery to last, and can't get a fresh one installed, then an alternative is Apple... WHO CAN DO IT!

THIS... is the reason for the post (s)... and not some newbie running to iOS!
    02-21-2016 06:23 AM
    Did you actually read what I posted, in a straight forward assessment or are you simply acting like an android fanboy, discounting the ability to swap out a battery in under one hour at a local Apple store, and not having that same ability where Samsung does NOT have a local authorized repair rep who could do the same?

After all, THIS is 'the battery thread' and if a power user like myself, who uses the phone for business, and has no Facebook, no Instagram, no twitter, no social accounts on the phone and who requires a battery to last, and can't get a fresh one installed, then an alternative is Apple... WHO CAN DO IT!

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Well Said

02-21-2016 08:12 AM
    There are a lot of other Android phones that have removable batteries. I mean why go to iOS when there are many options.
    Clayspeed01 likes this.
    02-21-2016 09:52 AM
    Reset my phone recently. I'm still running strong right now.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-135.jpg ย 
    02-28-2016 12:37 PM
    SOT

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-136.jpg ย 
    02-28-2016 12:37 PM

This. I am starting to question the durability of Android in general. With stuff like Android OS / Android System / and Google Play Service constantly chewing battery regardless of signal strength, if I'm using wifi, clean install or not. It's just annoying.
    I have both the Note and iPhone 6. Guess which one gets the better battery life?

iPhone is constantly polling email, I listen to music, responding to said emails all day and casually checking my social media. On the first charge I got a total of 10 hours usage and 44 hours standby. Now, I've heard people with any variant of the Plus can get up to 3 days off of one charge, which is the norm.

On my Note I can barely get 4 hours of screen time on LIGHT usage regardless of the "fixes." SOME people probably can, but it's few and far between. Standby time is just not as good as the iPhone in my case. Maybe once or twice I got my Note to last over 48 hours, but only after babying it. Turning off Mobile Data, Wifi, among other tweaks when not in use. I shouldn't have to do that. The iPhone I didn't have to do anything but use the phone.

I never had to reset Cache and do a fresh install anytime an update comes out on the iPhone. Fresh install is seriously a pain and should be a LAST resort, not an everyday thing. I prefer the Android, but I don't like babysitting and constantly checking to see if I "lost a %" because of the nature of the OS. On the iPhone I never have to check because I know nothing is chewing at it.
    Clayspeed01 likes this.
    02-28-2016 01:41 PM
    What is your Up Time? Is this in a span of days, or hours? I've noticed I can reproduce 5+ hours screen on time only if it's pretty much consistent use. If this screenshot is in a span of 24 hours or more, that's the kind of battery life I want.
    02-28-2016 01:47 PM
    That's about a day and two hours of use. I just hit 5 hours of SOT

02-28-2016 02:51 PM
    I hardly get 4 hours SOT..If i play games or use 4G, it is only 3 to 3.5 hours. Can someone share some tips to get 5 hours of SOT

02-28-2016 04:22 PM
    I was using MS Outlook for iCloud email. Found out that was the app that would make my phone lose 10% in just 2 hrs of me not even using it after unplugging from the charger. Deleted the app and I got a full day with 5.5 hrs screen time yesterday. I'll just continue using my iPhone for iCloud email.
    02-28-2016 04:34 PM
    Looks good on my end AT&T Note 5

02-28-2016 07:03 PM
3,351 ... 129130131132133 ...