04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    External battery charger....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    I agree, back when I had the note 2 I would swap batteries (i had 4 of them) so that I never had to be tethered to a wall. It was annoying trying to charge all those batteries all the time, as well as taking off the case and back to swap batteries, I always felt I was going to break something one day. With my note 5 I'm getting 6+ hrs soc which is awesome to me, and I have 6 external battery bank chargers of different sizes, shapes and capacity to suit my needs should they arise. Which so far only usually happens when fishing in a very low cell reception area for several hours. So I'm still not tethered to a wall, if the need occurs I put whichever bank in my front pocket and have the wire plugged into the phone as I use it.

Posted from my Beast Galaxy Note 5 via the Android Central App
    Fnord and debdroid1a like this.
    08-27-2015 05:11 AM
    My first 48 hours look like this...

Rather impressive thus far. Even more so, since I spent quite a while getting it setup.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-08-27-06-50-04.png   Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-08-27-06-50-17.png  
    08-27-2015 06:08 AM
    Went to bed on 38% woke up 8 hours later on %17 thats not good when I closed out all my apps b4 bed

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-27-2015 08:08 AM
    I would stop arguing with him. It seems that all he is doing is making himself feel better at this point. Let him have his removable batteries. It's either his way or not at all in his mind. I seem to remember him being this way at iMore as well.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    My apology, didn't mean to come across that way. Nothing personal. As I have mentioned, Kelly (and others) has been awesome with her suggestions. I also own the Note 4 and Note 5, and think the Note 5 is an awesome phone, just that to me, the battery life needs to be better without the need to make too many adjustments. My rant comes from frustration. As in many other phones, hopefully a fix will be out soon. Anyway, everyone is different, and I sincerely hope all Note 5 owners continue to enjoy their phone.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-27-2015 08:26 AM
    My apology, didn't mean to come across that way. Nothing personal. As I have mentioned, Kelly (and others) has been awesome with her suggestions. I also own the Note 4 and Note 5, and think the Note 5 is an awesome phone, just that to me, the battery life needs to better without the need to make adjustments. My rant comes from frustration. As in many other phones, hopefully a fix will be out soon. Anyway, everyone is different, and I sincerely hope all Note 5 owners continue to enjoy their phone.
    The thing to remember about Android, especially when coming from or using iPhone a lot.. Android is about customization. IPhone has a lot just set out of the box and you can't change some of the things that you can with Android, which is why many Android users love Android, for control.

My mom makes calls and plays Facebook games on her phone and doesn't even make many calls. Her phone doesn't have to be tweaked. She doesn't use the way most of us here do. We all have a lot of apps and use our phones for more than just calls, so with Android and doing that, you have to customize things.
    08-27-2015 08:38 AM
    Wait, are you saying I can use my phone to make calls, too? I avoid that at all costs
    I'm on my desk phone at work enough
    08-27-2015 08:50 AM
    Went to bed on 38% woke up 8 hours later on %17 thats not good when I closed out all my apps b4 bed

Nothing personal, but I am just wondering why people don't just plug in there phones overnight? I mean I understand 10 years ago when the phone use NiCad battery and they suffered from memory charging issues, but Li-ion actually do better when they are charged and kept over 40%.
    08-27-2015 09:53 AM
    Finally got back on here... seems I couldn't remember my password nor reset it. Anyway, new 64GB came and I've been very careful about installing apps. Here are the results with zero extra apps installed. Much better than before. Also, turns out I DID have advanced calling on, so that's not what was causing my drain.

Once I figure it out, I'll post it. I hope it's not Plex...
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1440688201190.jpg   Note 5 Battery life thread-1440688243170.jpg  
    08-27-2015 10:11 AM
    Hi Everyone,

I have been using my note 5 since Tuesday when fedex delivered it, and so far everything is great except for the Battery life. Can anyone tell me is it normal for me to take the phone off of the charger at 3:15AM central time and by 11:40AM Central have 76% battery life remaining? If it is this is going back my iphone 6plus lasted me a full day by the end of the nite i would be around 60% remaining. See my screen shot attached I am not using anything to drain and I have been on wifi the entire time I had it which should yield better results.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-08-27-11-34-17.jpg  
    08-27-2015 11:50 AM
    My radio percentage is huge. Not sure how negatively it impacts battery, but very annoying to see. Wonder if my battery will be better if that is somehow lower.

Looking at you guys GSam screenshots even with higher time of radio percentage is below 10%. Not sure why mine is 50%

08-27-2015 12:30 PM
    My radio percentage is huge. Not sure how negatively it impacts battery, but very annoying to see. Wonder if my battery will be better if that is somehow lower.

Looking at you guys GSam screenshots even with higher time of radio percentage is below 10%. Not sure why mine is 50%

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/...psxh2szlwh.jpg
    I am going to download the app you are using to see what it shows and post a screen shot maybe mine is doing the same thing
    08-27-2015 12:34 PM
    I am going to download the app you are using to see what it shows and post a screen shot maybe mine is doing the same thing
    Sounds good. It'll take a while to gather data but post your results later when you get them
    08-27-2015 12:42 PM
    Hi Everyone,

I have been using my note 5 since Tuesday when fedex delivered it, and so far everything is great except for the Battery life. Can anyone tell me is it normal for me to take the phone off of the charger at 3:15AM central time and by 11:40AM Central have 76% battery life remaining? If it is this is going back my iphone 6plus lasted me a full day by the end of the nite i would be around 60% remaining. See my screen shot attached I am not using anything to drain and I have been on wifi the entire time I had it which should yield better results.
    Disable bloatware, turn down your screen brightness, stop background apps from running, disable all ANT - plugins (Running and all - Application Manager). There are a few posts BACK that could list more for you.
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-27-2015 12:47 PM

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but how good is your signal?
    08-27-2015 01:22 PM
    I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but how good is your signal?
    At work it is solid 3 to 4 bars.
    08-27-2015 01:59 PM
    8.5 hours..... at 23% usage and you are complaining? some people have really lofty goals. LOL

If everything stays the same you could run for 34 hours straight. I would say that is pretty outstanding.
    verks likes this.
    08-27-2015 02:06 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Same thing happened to me. I only turned on the phone to check the battery and it dropped from 100% - 69%. Battery is abysmal. It may go back to the store and back to my iphone 6+.

Disable bloatware, turn down your screen brightness, stop background apps from running, disable all ANT - plugins (Running and all - Application Manager). There are a few posts BACK that could list more for you.
    You shouldn't have to make so many changes on a brand new, top of the line, 4gb, octocore, etc phone. It's a shame you can't take the phone out of the box and not have the battery life deplete right before your eyes without doing any tasks. Note 4 Dev edition was bad too.
    nokia4life likes this.
    08-27-2015 02:20 PM
    I'm thinking of making the jump to either Note 4 or 5. I'm not too worried about the battery life, but am a bit concerned about the degradation. When my S4's battery started to hold subpar charge (~1 year later), I simply bought a new battery and it worked like new again. I plan on keeping my next phone for a couple of years.

Any thoughts about the battery degradation?
    08-27-2015 02:35 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I only turned on the phone to check the battery and it dropped from 100% - 69%. Battery is abysmal. It may go back to the store and back to my iphone 6+.

You shouldn't have to make so many changes on a brand new, top of the line, 4gb, octocore, etc phone. It's a shame you can't take the phone out of the box and not have the battery life deplete right before your eyes without doing any tasks. Note 4 Dev edition was bad too.
    This is Android, not Apple, it is highly customizable, which is why it is Android. So yes, you do have to tweak settings you want just like with computers.
    James8561 likes this.
    08-27-2015 02:45 PM
    Buy a warranty... maybe squaretrade covers that?? you would have to read the fine print.
    08-27-2015 02:45 PM
    At work it is solid 3 to 4 bars.
    I'm not sure why all the time on the call radio at all. First thing I would suggest is a cache wipe from recovery and see if that helps.
    08-27-2015 02:46 PM
    Hi Everyone,

Umm.. Continuing to use the phone as you have been so far, puts you on track for almost 24 hours on a charge.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    08-27-2015 02:48 PM
    I'm thinking of making the jump to either Note 4 or 5. I'm not too worried about the battery life, but am a bit concerned about the degradation. When my S4's battery started to hold subpar charge (~1 year later), I simply bought a new battery and it worked like new again. I plan on keeping my next phone for a couple of years.

Any thoughts about the battery degradation?
    I have heard that you can have your battery replaced for about $50 at a Samsung location. Is this true? If so, I'm not worried about it.

08-27-2015 02:49 PM
    Okay here are my new battery stats using the gsam battery pro app. Can someone tell me if this is good or bad battery life mind you I got the device on the 27th. My complaint was at 3am the device was at 100% i took it off the charger and went to bed I woke up at 8am and it was down into the 80's and of course the new reading as of 2:47pm today all central time zone its at 67% to meet it doesn't seem good because as a note you would definetly use more than I have and in the past i never remember the note dropping so much in a span of 5hrs 3am-8am 20% with no one using it unless there are ghost playing with it while I sleep.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-08-27-14-44-11.jpg  
    Dukins likes this.
    08-27-2015 02:51 PM
    Two things..

Are you using WiFi calling?

Do you have your WiFi to turn off when your phone screen is off?
    08-27-2015 02:53 PM
3,351 ... 1819202122 ...