04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 12345 ...
tools
    I'm a paranoid battery freak. I have a paranoia of running out of battery...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    Then buyba note 4 and an extra or extended battery
    israel01 likes this.
    08-16-2015 01:41 PM
    Actually i do agree with removing the sd card...they are slow compared to int storage... sd cards belong in the past tech is about the future ... i also can live with the smaller battery if battery life i at least equal to my note 4
    BUT ....i can NOT settle for a 64 gb
    My note 4 has 96 gb and it's almost full ...i mean the S6 has a 128 gb option and it's a smaller phone
    Why would they not do the same for the note???? ...it makes no sense
    If i buy the note 5 it would be a huge DOWNGRADE ...storage wise

Posted via the Android Central App
    S6 is top of the line. Note 5 an afterthought . S6edge plus is just weird.
    08-16-2015 01:43 PM
    I actually think they will bring out a 128GB option in the next.month or 2. They are trying to get the phone put there as quick as possible. If I remember correctly the s6 didn't start selling the 128gb model for at least 2-3 weeks after release on the UK.

08-16-2015 02:17 PM
    Then buyba note 4 and an extra or extended battery
    Then I'd miss out on the usable fingerprint scanner, the improved camera, taking notes without waking up the phone, raw image support, faster launching and focusing camera,wireless charging built in, no lag and the awesome feel. And Samsung pay

Don't really need a removable battery if the battery lasts more than a day.
    And I already have a note 4 I will be selling tomorrow.
    08-16-2015 03:48 PM
    S6 is top of the line. Note 5 an afterthought . S6edge plus is just weird.
    I agree. I don't understand why the S6 edge plus wasn't the new model of the Note Edge.
    08-16-2015 04:41 PM
    I to share your disease.

08-16-2015 05:12 PM
    Part of the problem is allot of people bought the Note for reasons that have nothing to do with it being the Note. The S6 edge plus is for them. So what should happen now is all users that like the screen size and such of the note but don't care about the S-pen should get the S6 edge +. All of those users that got it for those reasons probably screwed up statistics and now samsung doesn't really know what real Note users want.

That may sound elitist but it is the truth. Many people bought the Note for reasons that have less to do with what the note functionality and more about it simply being the biggest phone with top end hardware.

08-16-2015 05:17 PM

Today at 50%. On pace for 20 hours battery life with 7:30 of screen time. Very nice. Had a funeral to go to so I used navigation for 30 minutes and about an hour of streaming a podcast thru Bluetooth in the truck.
    08-16-2015 06:43 PM
    looking good, and fast charging is awesome
    08-16-2015 06:52 PM
    IMO, it's hard to tell how good a battery is until a few months has passed. Initially, almost any high end phone will do good for the first few weeks and will show some sign of faster draining after a few months like any batteries. But that's good to know that the new exynos chipset is way more power efficient than the note 4.
    johnriii likes this.
    08-16-2015 09:14 PM
    IMO, it's hard to tell how good a battery is until a few months has passed. Initially, almost any high end phone will do good for the first few weeks and will show some sign of faster draining after a few months like any batteries. But that's good to know that the new exynos chipset is way more power efficient than the note 4.
    True. For me i normally have the worst battery for the first 3 to 4 days. But I'm not really expecting this phone to get better than it already is. Glad that it doesn't need to get better though.
    08-16-2015 09:46 PM
    Everyone is different... I acknowledge that. But a backup battery, be it a replaceable battery, or a Rapid Charge backup battery certainly works for me. I would never carry around a spare battery, it just doesn't seem like something I would do. Yet somehow I can easily carry around a backup battery, the kind I can re-charge my main battery with 2 or 3 times. Toss it in my jacket pocket, leave my BT ear piece on it. Then charge up my Note 5 on a day when I get busier than normal... or use it to charge as I watch netflix at lunch. Maybe even bail out a friend with an iPhone who is desperate for a charge up.

With the rapid charge versions, I can easily see 30 minutes on the back up battery to charge it up and toss 30% or more onto my phone battery.
    08-16-2015 10:48 PM
    True. For me i normally have the worst battery for the first 3 to 4 days. But I'm not really expecting this phone to get better than it already is. Glad that it doesn't need to get better though.
    That is my experience. Your setting it up, doing lots of downloads to get the phone the way you want it.. Just like battery life takes a hit after a major update pull.

If the battery is doing this good honestly, ill try it. I just want to get through a full day and have a little to spare. I leave my locations on battery saving and turn sync off anyway. On my note4 i never had to use power saving, even with what is for me a long shift.

Would be great if the topics started could actually stay on topic instead of fading off into something else.. But i know that wont happen, even if a thread was started to just "post your gripes".

Anyway, im thankful for the battery info in the battery thread by the people who are actually TESTING the battery.

msndrstood likes this.
    08-17-2015 01:02 AM
    Note 5 Battery life thread-img_20150817_171357.jpg

This thing will charge your note5 0% to 50% in just 30 minutes

seems like a great new option
    feragola and jboogie1289 like this.
    08-17-2015 03:22 AM
    I thought Aukey has one?

Regardless, if you're a heavy user, you're gonna need this.
    08-17-2015 03:29 AM
    So far, looks like it's getting impressive battery life, despite the smaller battery.

However, this makes me sad, because after seeing how good (so far) the Note 5 goes on a 3000mAh cell, I wonder how much longer it could last if it had that rumored 4100mAh battery. That rumor pretty much spoiled me. ;_;
    stanleybb50 and Aquila like this.
    08-17-2015 03:32 AM
    So far, looks like it's getting impressive battery life, despite the smaller battery.

However, this makes me sad, because after seeing how good (so far) the Note 5 goes on a 3000mAh cell, I wonder how much longer it could last if it had that rumored 4100mAh battery. That rumor pretty much spoiled me. ;_;
    I was hoping to see a bigger battery, but as long as i rarely have to charge it between waking up and laying down I'll be good!

Aquila likes this.
    08-17-2015 03:35 AM
    I was hoping to see a bigger battery, but as long as i rarely have to charge it between waking up and laying down I'll be good!

Although I know it's unlikely, I'm hoping that I win the Note 5 giveaway.
    Unlikely, though.
    If I don't win, I won't be so bitterly disappointed since I have my LG G4 which I love so very much.
    Just wanted to see how living with a Note as a work device feels like.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-17-2015 03:37 AM
    Although I know it's unlikely, I'm hoping that I win the Note 5 giveaway.
    Unlikely, though.
    If I don't win, I won't be so bitterly disappointed since I have my LG G4 which I love so very much.
    Just wanted to see how living with a Note as a work device feels like.
    Depending on your work its great. I use (and miss my note4) for work. Being able to jot down quick reminders or information is great. I like the big screen because during bad weather i can see the weather radars nice and clear.

A few years ago we had a pretty good wild fire in the area and i was able to screenshot the the area map and write on it to send out to the first responders.

A note is great for a lot of work, while i didnt use the spen all the time it was great when i needed it. Again, i never needed an sdcard i just dont keep a lot on my phone, but i did need an all day battery, and a good battery (which the note5 is seeming to have) it is a great tool!

08-17-2015 04:08 AM
    A few years ago we had a pretty good wild fire in the area and i was able to screenshot the the area map and write on it to send out to the first responders.
    Holy cow, that's awesome!!

I think my G4 might be able to do that with a capacitive stylus, but I don't think it'll be as easy and as quick as the Note.

I love my G4 because it does everything that I want it to do very well, though I seriously think that as a work-focused device, the Note is my personal pick. My G4 can do work stuff well, but I think the Note is more suited for that. I still love my G4, though.

Also a pretty good Swiss Army Knife-like device. (Both the G4 and Note)
    08-17-2015 04:12 AM
    I haven't had an LG since a slide phone, and it made me mad that the size charging cord would not charge a non LG phone lol!

I have a friend who's mom has the G3 and she loves it, so i can't speak bad of them

For me though, right now i have the droid turbo and love it and the 3900mah battery, the screen is 5.2, if i went any bigger than that i just couldn't see not having a built in stylus to go with it. The spen has come so far

08-17-2015 04:28 AM
    Why weren't these optimizations included in the s6? Or does that extra mAh really that big of a difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    08-17-2015 05:57 AM
    Why weren't these optimizations included in the s6? Or does that extra mAh really that big of a difference?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I think it does make a difference. You have to figure your pushing a bigger screen, but between the s6 and the note5 the bigger battery may be just enough to still show an improvement.

Personally i think 3300 should be a bare minimum for a phablet, even with the lower usage of the new processor.

However, if the other battery results show that the 3000mah with the new processor can do what the 3220 was doing for the note4 with the 805 processor, that's enough for me (barely lol) and i will consider the phone.. Like i said i have a week to decide if i want to get one on release day.

08-17-2015 06:07 AM
    First full weekend with the Note 5. I can report battery life has been....................better than expected. Standby time seems to be pretty solid. With the phone off, the battery stays fairly level which was not the case with my GS6. Maybe its 5.1? dont know. Today is the first full day of work so I can comment further later. Good to see that Samsung seems to have done some good work optimizing this thing.
    08-17-2015 06:52 AM
    First full weekend with the Note 5. I can report battery life has been....................better than expected. Standby time seems to be pretty solid. With the phone off, the battery stays fairly level which was not the case with my GS6. Maybe its 5.1? dont know. Today is the first full day of work so I can comment further later. Good to see that Samsung seems to have done some good work optimizing this thing.
    Thanks, some of us will be looking forward to your results!

Aquila likes this.
    08-17-2015 07:24 AM
3,351 12345 ...