04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I have all my emails syncing every 2 hours, my social media auto syncing is off
    Try using the app Doze it helps as well

Sent from my Asus Zenphone 2!
    I couldn't do that with Email. Need it for work and answering a lot of email.

I do use Doze. Also Shutapp

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-01-2015 10:02 PM
    So Shutapp continues to pull up Samsung TTS app. Does this use a lot of battery? I use SwiftKey anyway. If it's not a battery killer I'd just white list it.

Also if I remove an app but didn't clear cache grist should I do that on a reset? Does it matter?

09-01-2015 10:05 PM
    One thing I'd like to know from those who are getting ridiculously good battery. Do you have email set to sync automatically on demand or do you manually refresh? Do you have weather apps that sync at all and if so how much?

What about social media accounts?

I have office apps like One Drive and Docs as well as Microsoft Office apps. I do not sync them however nor do I with Docs and Sheets

I do sync pictures but only set it to do it over WiFi.

I just cannot figure out why I cannot seem to pull what others are pulling.

I will say that my SOT will be high. I text frequently and check email once every 10-15 minutes. I do check Facebook but only over Chrome (deleted the app)

I read the WSJ app in the AM for probably 15 min or so. Check Twitter but less frequently and not set to sync.

And I've disabled all Samsung and Verizon bloatware as well as Amazon except for Audible and Amazon App itself.

I'm unsure if I would consider mine up there with some others, but it is very decent battery life I'm seeing. I don't have much off or disabled honestly. I do fetch my own e-mails, but that's a habit that carried over from when the note 4 was getting horrible battery life, plus being a student means I don't have super duper time sensitive e-mails I need to have pushed. All my Microsoft office apps only sync over wi-fi to save data usage, and I only use them over wi-fi really. I have some Google things syncing all the time. I still use Facebook moderately, the app itself, Tumblr sparingly, Snapchat sparingly, but lots of Google+ and AC forums lately. A good amount of Textra. I don't have doze because I didn't like it, but I did try Shutapp today, and I'm unsure if that has helped or not. I'm constantly streaming music via Spotify and listening to a few podcasts in the morning. I do have some news apps that I use once or twice a day. Wi-fi scanning always is off, bluetooth is currently off, location is always on. And I'm running Nova prime. I'm basically doing the exact same things I did with the Note 4 minus Shutapp, but I'm receiving 2 1/2-3ish more SOT hours and about 6 more hours in total. When I think about the kind of heavier than usual testing I did to it today, yet it withstood, it's really awesome. Also, the Note 5 gets much better signal on T-Mobile than the Note 4 did so that helps tremendously in my case.
    09-01-2015 10:30 PM
    I might be heading back to a iPhone 6 Plus. The battery life was really amazing on the 6 plus. I use my phone a lot and just don't know if I can get past the battery discrepancy.
    09-01-2015 10:33 PM
    I'm unsure if I would consider mine up there with some others, but it is very decent battery life I'm seeing. I don't have much off or disabled honestly. I do fetch my own e-mails, but that's a habit that carried over from when the note 4 was getting horrible battery life, plus being a student means I don't have super duper time sensitive e-mails I need to have pushed. All my Microsoft office apps only sync over wi-fi to save data usage, and I only use them over wi-fi really. I have some Google things syncing all the time. I still use Facebook moderately, the app itself, Tumblr sparingly, Snapchat sparingly, but lots of Google+ and AC forums lately. A good amount of Textra. I don't have doze because I didn't like it, but I did try Shutapp today, and I'm unsure if that has helped or not. I'm constantly streaming music via Spotify and listening to a few podcasts in the morning. I do have some news apps that I use once or twice a day. Wi-fi scanning always is off, bluetooth is currently off, location is always on. And I'm running Nova prime. I'm basically doing the exact same things I did with the Note 4 minus Shutapp, but I'm receiving 2 1/2-3ish more SOT hours and about 6 more hours in total. When I think about the kind of heavier than usual testing I did to it today, yet it withstood, it's really awesome. Also, the Note 5 gets much better signal on T-Mobile than the Note 4 did so that helps tremendously in my case.
    Well attached is what I am getting with all the tweaks I made. Not great I guess. I might be regretting dumping my iPhone 6+

I'm 4% battery and approx 34 minutes left.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-233.jpg  
    09-01-2015 10:41 PM
    I might be heading back to a iPhone 6 Plus. The battery life was really amazing on the 6 plus. I use my phone a lot and just don't know if I can get past the battery discrepancy.
    I'm giving it a full week and then I'll see where I am. But losing that extra 3-4 hours of battery I was getting is not good. I don't get it.

09-01-2015 10:42 PM
    This is where I am after watching videos, talking all day, and texting like no man should

Posted from my Note 5 via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-329.jpg  
    09-01-2015 11:21 PM
    Doze didn't seem to do a ton for me but shutapp seems like the real deal. I'm approaching 7 hours of SOT an thats with playing a game for 2 hours. Unreal.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

09-01-2015 11:29 PM
    Mine says Sept 1
    Exactly, Yours is Relevant. MINE still says August 29th. I HAVE refreshed, but the stupid thing Stays the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-1441171363603.jpg  
    09-02-2015 12:23 AM
    I just got almost 6 hours of SOT on my note 5 where I only got 3 hours on my S6. Same settings and similar use. In short, I love my note5 and the better battery performance.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-09-01-23-32-59.jpg  
    jdfry15 and Kelly Kearns like this.
    09-02-2015 01:37 AM
    I just got almost 6 hours of SOT on my note 5 where I only got 3 hours on my S6. Same settings and similar use. In short, I love my note5 and the better battery performance.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 5
    Still loving the S6, but...I think you just convinced me to move over to the Note 5. Officially trigger happy for the titanium silver.

dreaming of electric sheep
    09-02-2015 03:25 AM
    I've disabled most ATT and Samsung bloat. I've disabled the Facebook App, and use a Chrome link to mobile Facebook page instead.
    I have all my Syncing done manually except photos over wi-fi. I've also disabled ANT+ services- per a thread in the S6 Forum on battery life.
    My phone is powered on 15 to 16 hrs a day. Brightness is not on Auto, and looks like I set it to 25%.
    My first charge- 48 hrs of up time, with 4+ hrs SOT, and 1.5 hrs GPS and MapmyRun
    My 2nd charge- 63 hrs of up time, with 4+ hrs SOT (yes- that is 4 days of almost 16 hr days).
    My 3rd charge will be tonight- and as of now 49 hrs up time, 3 hrs 10 min SOT, 1.5 hrs GPS with MapmyWalk.
    I do use it for txt'ing and calls(duh), Mahjong and Solitaire.
    At least I know what the phone is capable of with not heavy use.

I did post snapshots a bit further back of my 2nd set of stats- either in this thread, or in one of someone coming from an IP 6Plus- can't remember.

One thing I'd like to know from those who are getting ridiculously good battery. Do you have email set to sync automatically on demand or do you manually refresh? Do you have weather apps that sync at all and if so how much?

I have office apps like One Drive and Docs as well as Microsoft Office apps. I do not sync them however nor do I with Docs and Sheets

I will say that my SOT will be high. I text frequently and check email once every 10-15 minutes. I do check Facebook but only over Chrome (deleted the app)

I read the WSJ app in the AM for probably 15 min or so. Check Twitter but less frequently and not set to sync.

And I've disabled all Samsung and Verizon bloatware as well as Amazon except for Audible and Amazon App itself.

09-02-2015 05:56 AM

You have a bad signal though, right?
    09-02-2015 07:36 AM
    I had the note 5 for 6 days now and noticed the battery life isnt great coming from a zte zmax which is a cheap phone but it has a huge battery and it made it threw the day even with heavy usage and i sometimes was able to use the phone on the same charge the next day! Now with this note 5 the that is a NO! Apps keep freakin running and i do end them and then some pop up again! Also the cell standby is the number 2 killer of my battery drain! Is this cell standby thing happening with everyone who has freakin t-mobile?!? Is there a fix? I havent heard any complaints of the cell standby issue with verizon or at&t! Also i shouldnt have to turn on power saving mode to get threw the day with this phone because when i do turn it on it sucks and makes my phone run choppy! My zte zmax only costed my $250 and the battery can last me a full day and a half yea it took crappy pictures and wasnt as fast but still never needed to plug it up!

Screen brightness on auto and mostly of the day im using wifi i dunno if these things can be the cause of it? Also have all my vibrations on. Volte is on as well. Sync is always on. Font is set on large. Smart stay off. Screen mode Amoled cinema. daydream off. Everything for the s-pen is off since i dont use it. Motions and gestures are all off.

These apps keep running even after i end them=Google play service, T-mobile my account,Facebook messenger, Google app, camera, s-note,messages,contacts

Help me out before i return this thing because besides the battery and apps keep running i love it!
    Ending does not keep apps from coming back up. If you could end the apps you are talking about, your phone wouldn't work. Google App is the workings of your phone, basically.

Google Play Services? Why do you want to stop that?

Ending Messages means your texts wouldn't come through.

Ending S-Note and Camera isn't going to help you with saving any battery.

Facebook Messenger is another issue. I don't use it, just the Facebook app without Messenger, but it is tricky in stopping it. I can address that with you in the next request.

Now I need you to do something, since this thread is so long and involved. We are going to go over your phone in detail. I want you to start a new thread in the forum. I want you to go to application manager, under ALL, and screenshot the apps. It will take several screenshots. I think you can add like 5 screenshots per post. Then go to the Disabled tab and screenshot all you have disabled.

Then screenshot your battery graph, the graph and then scroll down and screenshot everything that it lists under it.

As far as T-mobile and standby, no I don't have that standby issue. Are you using WiFi calling? What about your signal? Get your signal bars in the screenshot of the battery.

We will handle Facebook and messenger in that thread. You will have to several posts to get all these screenshots, but it is the second best way for me to look without having my hands on your phone.

I'll watch for your thread, you can also post here and let me know when you have it done.
    09-02-2015 07:54 AM
    Still loving the S6, but...I think you just convinced me to move over to the Note 5. Officially trigger happy for the titanium silver.

I was on the S6 Edge for a few weeks between my Note 4 and Note 5, the Note 5 is much better than the S6. You have the great screen, larger screen and then the spen and the battery is larger.
    09-02-2015 07:57 AM

I'm checking daily and some times 3 or 4 times a day on eBay to see if the Silver Titanium finally appear and prices go down a little. I'm also waiting for today's Sony Xperia announcement to see if the rumored Z5 and Z5 Premium are the real deal, if not then will focus completely on getting my Silver Titanium Note 5.
    09-02-2015 08:32 AM
    I'm averaging around 6.5 hours of screen on time and right around 15 hours of total life... Thats still with something holding my phone awake a couple hours a day. If I installed ShutApp I could get even more but honeslty I'm fine waiting for Android M to drop and see what that does
    09-02-2015 08:47 AM
    FYI, that 'Since' line in GSAM is when it first started collecting statistics. That will either be when you installed it or if you went into the app settings and cleared GSAM's app data. And those values to the left of the date are as much an average of your usage as it is an estimate of how long you'll get out of a charge. If you only use your phone for 30 minutes between charges, it'll say just that.... it isn't an estimate of your phone's absolute battery performance.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2015 09:03 AM
    I've lost about 11% in 5 hours of standby. Is this typical?
    09-02-2015 09:12 AM
    Attachment 194390

My phone is in airplane mode with WiFi and WiFi Calling turned on. WiFi is set to always. Carrier is T-Mobile. Is 14% cell standby normal in airplane mode with WiFi calling?
    I have just tested this a little bit this morning. Using WiFi calling with airplane mode on or off, raises the standby use. Should it? I'm not sure yet, checking on that.
    09-02-2015 09:22 AM

Other than running Nova Prime and debloating, my phone is completely stock (as in most relevant settings have not been changed). Over the last couple of weeks I've been averaging about 3.5% per hour at the end of a 15-16 hour period and about three hours or so per day of SOT. I have Weather bug, FaceBook, and GMail all syncing. Location services set to default (GPS, WiFi, and whatever the third one is). Finally, I'm in a horrible coverage area all day at work (bad enough that I can't really even make calls).

I originally got a dark blue one which I had for a week. I realized that I preferred a phone in white I swapped it out for one this past Saturday. I have experienced pretty much the same results with both phone though the new one is maybe 1/2%-1% per hour better. I can't explain why some people are having trouble. I'm in a horrible coverage area all day at work (bad enough that I can't really even make calls)

The attached screenshot shows my averages. Since this is, for me, repeatable (two different phones, same result) I'm at a loss to understand why some people are having trouble.

Note 5 Battery life thread-screenshot_2015-09-02-09-24-29.jpg
    09-02-2015 09:37 AM
    Ok, standby and T-Mobile because they are the only ones with WiFi calling.

Yes, it raises the standby, yes that is normal. The "standby" can be a catch-all. When on WiFi calling and airplane on or off, something still uses battery. The phone is always using battery, so your standby will go up. If your battery isn't draining, that high standby in that situation is ok.

My standby usually never shows up, I have very good network signal though. If I am idle a long time, it will pop up, if I'm in a bad signal area it will pop up.

If you have standby popping up, the first thing that needs to be looked at is the signal. I have noticed that even 3 bars is low enough to really not be a great signal and can raise standby, two and one bars for sure will.
    09-02-2015 09:45 AM
    I'm a paranoid battery freak. I have a paranoia of running out of battery...lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    I'm the same way with my Gear S. LOL
    09-02-2015 10:14 AM
    Very weird. I still don't have the 'Screen' option in my battery settings. Thus I can't check Screen on time...
    09-02-2015 11:27 AM
    Very weird. I still don't have the 'Screen' option in my battery settings. Thus I can't check Screen on time...
    Hmm..still odd. Do you have GSam installed?
    09-02-2015 11:35 AM
3,351 ... 3637383940 ...