Note 5 Battery life thread

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So I don't sync it all just calendar mail and contacts. That's what I was told to do to avoid doing unnecessary syncing

Sync what you need. You want Google Photos especially to sync, to save pictures. Look back a few posts, I posted my sync page for Google. It was two screenshots.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Sync what you need. You want Google Photos especially to sync, to save pictures. Look back a few posts, I posted my sync page for Google. It was two screenshots.

I'll try and scroll back through it to find it. Went back a few pages and didn't see it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And all of that is found when you click on your Google account from accounts?

Yes, go to accounts, then Google and then click on your Google account. I have 4 Google account on my phone. This is my main personal one and I sync the most with it.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, go to accounts, then Google and then click on your Google account. I have 4 Google account on my phone. This is my main personal one and I sync the most with it.

Part of my issue is that I have a lot of accounts. I don't sync Facebook or LinkedIn or Twitter or Instagram. I have One Drive, Sunrise Calendar and my Samsung Account which I turned off

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Part of my issue is that I have a lot of accounts. I don't sync Facebook or LinkedIn or Twitter or Instagram. I have One Drive, Sunrise Calendar and my Samsung Account which I turned off

I have Facebook, Twitter, Samsung, Google Calendar, my Gmail accounts, One Drive, Google Drive and Google Photos.

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I have Facebook, Twitter, Samsung, Google Calendar, my Gmail accounts, One Drive, Google Drive and Google Photos.

So part of the issue I think is the amount that sync. I don't really need my social networks to sync. I use OneDrive for my laptop so I might put that on. Just worried it's going to drain my battery faster and faster the more things sync.

Do u white list this app as well for ShutApp?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't white list this app, I don't use notifications or it would be going off all the time. I also have Android Central App and Tapatalk for this forum. I have push notifications for many thing, but many things don't push notifications through until I turn on the screen. First we need to see the battery running for a few days and sew how things are running. My battery last night get, was not the norm, likely I will never get battery usage like that again.

Set up the things you want and then let's see what is using a lot of battery.

Oh I also have beautiful widgets weather, two weather alert apps that do location and poll and also a breaking news app with tons of notifications coming through. I also have a lot of widgets that pull info from the startup of my phone. You don't have to make your phone into a basic phone to get manageable and good battery.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
There's were no tones. I realized it when I was getting emails and text but no notification sounds.

When I went into sounds there was nothing to select.

Now there is when I used that zip file from post just not Note 5 stock sounds. Completely different now

Look for a File Explorer app like ES Explorer that allows you to set hidden files, then look in your root folder and any media folder to set if you can see a file called .nomedia if you have that file in any of the folders it won't show or allow to use any media files in your phone, if it's in the root folder it basically vanishes all your files from the phone UI but you should be able to see the files.

Sorry if you already mentioned that you looked for the files physically, I haven't read all the thread yet.

MikeekiM

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I picked up my phone from the charger this morning at 6am and have purposely kept it away from the charger all day long...

With light/moderate use, my battery is now at 61% (it is 4pm now...10 hours later). Admittedly, I have not used the phone much today...

I am optimistic that with the Adaptive Charging, that the Note 5 will largely meet my needs. Supposedly the adaptive charging goes from 0%-50% in 30 minutes, and to 100% in a little over an hour... That means that if you stop by a coffee shop or a restaurant for lunch, and they have an AC outlet available, you can be at 50%-100% while you eat or have you cup of coffee... Not bad, right?

My main issue is that I like to use my phone as my main (and only) camera...when I am on a personal or business trip, I sometimes take 100 photos in the span of 30-60 minutes. With that use case, the battery burns down pretty quickly, and usually I am not near an AC outlet in those situations... I'll need to get a portable battery that supports adaptive charging. Samsung has one, but it's pretty pricey...their website shows it as going for $69.99 when it releases...

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I picked up my phone from the charger this morning at 6am and have purposely kept it away from the charger all day long...

With light/moderate use, my battery is now at 61% (it is 4pm now...10 hours later). Admittedly, I have not used the phone much today...

I am optimistic that with the Adaptive Charging, that the Note 5 will largely meet my needs. Supposedly the adaptive charging goes from 0%-50% in 30 minutes, and to 100% in a little over an hour... That means that if you stop by a coffee shop or a restaurant for lunch, and they have an AC outlet available, you can be at 50%-100% while you eat or have you cup of coffee... Not bad, right?

My main issue is that I like to use my phone as my main (and only) camera...when I am on a personal or business trip, I sometimes take 100 photos in the span of 30-60 minutes. With that use case, the battery burns down pretty quickly, and usually I am not near an AC outlet in those situations... I'll need to get a portable battery that supports adaptive charging. Samsung has one, but it's pretty pricey...their website shows it as going for $69.99 when it releases...

Here you go.. Very good battery pack and supports quick charge and less expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/Qualcomm-Cert...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4651919

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Look for a File Explorer app like ES Explorer that allows you to set hidden files, then look in your root folder and any media folder to set if you can see a file called .nomedia if you have that file in any of the folders it won't show or allow to use any media files in your phone, if it's in the root folder it basically vanishes all your files from the phone UI but you should be able to see the files.

Sorry if you already mentioned that you looked for the files physically, I haven't read all the thread yet.

So I need a separate app for that?

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site

I have a rapid car charger and it works great. I can go from o-50 % in about 20 Minutes with that

spasell

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd also add that the handwriting recognition 'is amazing on this. my handwriting is terrible but it is very accurate. I can almost write faster than typing