04-25-2017 07:16 AM
3,351 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    When I saw the screen and battery specs on this phone I knew there would be a large battery life thread. I didn't anticipate over 1k replies though.

Posted via the Android Central App
    To be fair, 500+ of those replies are from Kelly

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 03:36 PM

Probably lol
    09-03-2015 03:39 PM

If that's the case then that's a lot more reasonable of a thread size.

09-03-2015 03:45 PM
    I found that Google now has always been a huge drain on my phones so I don't use it. I recently down loaded Cortana for the Siri like stuff I enjoyed on iPhone; it seems to be behaving.

Here is my battery life up until the update last night:

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 03:48 PM
    T-mobile also has better signal than Verizon where I'm at(I know, who would have thunk)

09-03-2015 03:49 PM
    I found that Google now has always been a huge drain on my phones so I don't use it. I recently down loaded Cortana for the Siri like stuff I enjoyed on iPhone; it seems to be behaving.

Here is my battery life up until the update last night:

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...153b5d4079.jpg

Whoa wait. There's a Cortana app?

09-03-2015 04:31 PM
    It is only there when you have the keyboard up on another screen.
    I have two keyboards that are options. SwiftKey and Google Voice typing. When I turn off voice typing it greys out the SwiftKey. Doesnt make sense and this is now a big pain in the ***

09-03-2015 04:33 PM
    I have two keyboards that are options. SwiftKey and Google Voice typing. When I turn off voice typing it greys out the SwiftKey. Doesnt make sense and this is now a big pain in the ***

Been that way on Samsungs for a long time.
    09-03-2015 04:47 PM
    Mod Note - Just a reminder to please keep the discussion civil.

Thanks!
    ClintRo and Kelly Kearns like this.
    09-03-2015 05:01 PM
    Been that way on Samsungs for a long time.
    It never popped up on my Note 3. There's got to be a way to stop the constant notification that appears 4-5 times a day? Again I never saw this happen on my Note 3.

09-03-2015 05:16 PM
    It never popped up on my Note 3. There's got to be a way to stop the constant notification that appears 4-5 times a day? Again I never saw this happen on my Note 3.

It popped up on my S, S3,S5,S6E, N2, N3, N4 and N5. Can't remember for sure about my N1.

It started when my S upgraded to gingerbread, because the first update, it wouldn't hold the default keyboard and I used Swype.
    09-03-2015 05:32 PM
    It popped up on my S, S3,S5,S6E, N2, N3, N4 and N5. Can't remember for sure about my N1.

It started when my S upgraded to gingerbread, because the first update, it wouldn't hold the default keyboard and I used Swype.
    Just pulled out my old Note 2, Note 3, as well as S5. Also my current S6 and Note 4. None of them have that notification. I've never seen it before.

Although all of them are Verizon phones, so perhaps that's the reason?
    09-03-2015 05:43 PM
    Whoa wait. There's a Cortana app?

Yep! Search Cortana for Android on Google and opt in to the beta

09-03-2015 05:51 PM
    Just to let you know that I got my T-Mobile Note 5 today, after waiting for an Unlocked Silver one, I just got tired and also realized that it's not coming down on price for some time, so i took the plunge for this one and immediately sent to Samsung the 1 year free Netflix offer to help with the total price paid.

So I've been setting it up, doing my usual tweaks and soon I'll be helping with more direct experience. Kelly, the Auto Stop feature, at least on the T-mobile version is on the Smart manager App, under RAM management, Manage Apps. So for all of you that at least have the Smart manager App try it in there, for the rest look for it on the battery Settings, but it's definitely there.

I'll keep in touch.
    09-03-2015 06:19 PM
    Just pulled out my old Note 2, Note 3, as well as S5. Also my current S6 and Note 4. None of them have that notification. I've never seen it before.

Although all of them are Verizon phones, so perhaps that's the reason?
    Could be because it is Verizon, each carrier has their own tweaks and all my other phones were AT&T.
    09-03-2015 06:21 PM
    Just to let you know that I got my T-Mobile Note 5 today, after waiting for an Unlocked Silver one, I just got tired and also realized that it's not coming down on price for some time, so i took the plunge for this one and immediately sent to Samsung the 1 year free Netflix offer to help with the total price paid.

So I've been setting it up, doing my usual tweaks and soon I'll be helping with more direct experience. Kelly, the Auto Stop feature, at least on the T-mobile version is on the Smart manager App, under RAM management, Manage Apps. So for all of you that at least have the Smart manager App try it in there, for the rest look for it on the battery Settings, but it's definitely there.

I'll keep in touch.
    Oh.. I don't mess with that. It is connected to Clean Master, so I don't touch that app.
    09-03-2015 06:26 PM
    Yep! Search Cortana for Android on Google and opt in to the beta

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...2176ea1bdc.jpg

Just downloaded it so we will see. Don't like it for my SP3 because it is a big drag on battery in connected standby on that device. Hopefully won't happen here.

09-03-2015 06:45 PM
    Just downloaded it so we will see. Don't like it for my SP3 because it is a big drag on battery in connected standby on that device. Hopefully won't happen here.

Even if it did have a battery drain it is easy to hibernate it compared to Google Now which is baked into Android itself imo

09-03-2015 07:25 PM

I'll keep in touch.
    You're an addict! can't wait for your thoughts on the Note 5. Would love a battery comparison to the S6 Active.

dreaming of electric sheep
    erasat likes this.
    09-03-2015 07:53 PM
    Not the epic battery others have had but after I disabled Google Now battery has been best I've had.

Now waiting for cell range extender and see if I can fix poor coverage from home.

Attached Thumbnails Note 5 Battery life thread-260.jpg  
    09-03-2015 08:05 PM
    Oh.. I don't mess with that. It is connected to Clean Master, so I don't touch that app.
    Well, this is something that was on the battery management on the S6 and S6 edge but since latest update it was moved to be accessed through that app, if it's really part of the app or not I don't know, only thing I know it's that it indeed helped with S6 batteries when it was released.
    09-03-2015 09:02 PM
    You're an addict! can't wait for your thoughts on the Note 5. Would love a battery comparison to the S6 Active.

dreaming of electric sheep
    Yeah, sadly but true, what can I do? But it will very difficult to be near the battery life of the Active, that thing was a monster with its 3500 mAh battery, but once I finish doing all my tweaks and setting everything as I always do, I'll definitely have very good material for a true comparison and non biased opinion.
    drone3 likes this.
    09-03-2015 09:06 PM
    Where can I get screen on time?

Is this any good?
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
    09-03-2015 10:33 PM

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...00fe74acb7.jpg

Clicking the screen listing should show screen on time.
    Fr0gburp3r likes this.
    09-03-2015 11:10 PM

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...00fe74acb7.jpg

https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09...13a0ef0215.jpg

Is this any good?
    Do you know what play services was doing? Installing apps or is that unknown? Also maps takes a lot of juice so the comparisons to ours will be difficult to make. Facebook it seems is also running rampant on you; it worries me that it is taking more juice than a quad hd screen

09-03-2015 11:27 PM
3,351 ... 4142434445 ...