Note 5 Battery life thread

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I was way off on my assumption that the battery life would be bad. So far it's damn good

415e93dab22cf686a4fbf0ea887e98e6.jpg

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. It installed all the apps I had on my note 4. It's crazy that its this much better than the s6. Really didn't buy any of the efficiency and optimization stuff at all. But something is working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
ee61abe86db094522f6f4eb8b0b99eae.jpg

My last shot of the night before I plug it in. Worked it pretty hard the last hour. So far extremely happy with this device.

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
On what level do you leave the screen brightness on? You're on wifi all day, looks like you have a low cell phone signal, so I can understand. Any video recording, pics, heavy multi tasking, video playback, not looking at dark images too much, or gaming?

Just to get a better idea of the usage. Thanks for the screenshots!

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
On what level do you leave the screen brightness on? You're on wifi all day, looks like you have a low cell phone signal, so I can understand. Any video recording, pics, heavy multi tasking, video playback, not looking at dark images too much, or gaming?

Just to get a better idea of the usage. Thanks for the screenshots!
Brightness is on auto. No Power save. A few pictures no video recording yet. Mostly just browsing the Internet and a few you tube videos. Only had it half of a day! Lol. I consider 5 hours sot and 20 hours total to be my minimum. I do think the battery life will come down to earth a little when I start moving around on lte. But I think it'll still be able to get 6 sot and 24 standby. Which surprises the hell out of me. And would be better than I got from the note 4 with my usage.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a paranoid battery freak. I have a paranoia of running out of battery...lol

I hear ya! I have to force myself to let the battery run below 50 percent on my days off!
On the days i work i have to start with a full battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bishop_99

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Brightness is on auto. No Power save. A few pictures no video recording yet. Mostly just browsing the Internet and a few you tube videos. Only had it half of a day! Lol. I consider 5 hours sot and 20 hours total to be my minimum. I do think the battery life will come down to earth a little when I start moving around on lte. But I think it'll still be able to get 6 sot and 24 standby. Which surprises the hell out of me. And would be better than I got from the note 4 with my usage.

Thanks! Yeah I know you haven't had too much time to do everything on it yet, but thanks a lot for the input on the battery.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I hear ya! I have to force myself to let the battery run below 50 percent on my days off!
On the days i work i have to start with a full battery.

I'm going to try to fight my disease today and leave it unplugged when I'm in the car. Might need a xanax.

Ryan Oneill

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the edge+ and today it's doing not to bad at all. I'll post up screen of stats when day is over or battery dies whatever comes first

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol at this battery life threads... It all varies from person to person. Some people use smartphone like a dumb phone and get great battery life, it all depends on network strength, apps you have installed, different account sync, screen brightness and various other factors. One person can get 5 hrs sot and other can only 2. There will bunch of battery life sucks thread soon like every other phone ever released.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
That may be true, but there is nothing wrong with getting someones personal experience.

My mom charges her note3 about every third day, she obviously doesn't use it a lot.

My experience is that the note3 and note4 got about the same battery life the way i used it..

So i for one appreciate the battery life threads, even if results vary.

So far, if the note5 can last through a long day then i may be able to overlook that damn glass back!